DVDVR Message Board

Stupid Crap Baseball Players Say or Do

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Remember how Rob Manfred basically implied that the Red Sox punishment was going to be WAY worse than the Astros

Yeah... about that

The Red Sox are losing a 2nd round pick, the replay operator is banned for the season and Alex Cora is banned through the 2020 post season.

So... yeah....

Well he could just ban the idiot owner for a few years, and that wouldn’t hurt my feelings any. I’m beyond tired of seeing them get rid of every good homegrown player they have that’s not named Pedroia (who they’ve held onto beyond his usefulness).

Maybe he figures them trading Mookie for a six pack of beer was punishment enough. It will be for me as two of my best friends are Dodgers fans. 

Yeah, I'm sure Cora wasn't aware.  Yeah, I'm sure it was limited in scope.  Yeah, I'm sure hardly anybody knew about it.  Yep.  I guess we'll just ignore that they are repeat offenders in this area, too.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Legend.

can’t wait to see the cheating Yankees treated as severely as the Astros. 

Judge should give back his rookie of the year.

Im preserving this for posterity for 2 reasons. 

1: the early reports is this was a reprimand for misusing the bullpen phone in order to try to get extra information on challenging a play. Not even close to the smoking gun Astros fans and players (!!!) tried to portray it as.  Shout out to the POS Bregman for posting a reaction the deleting it btw.

2. Even if that report is false, and it turns out to be something much bigger: it’s not like it exonerates the Astros in any way. Your still fucking cheats from the top all the way down. Your justification attempts just make you look more pathetic.

In conclusion, fans like you deserve Bill O’Brien.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I want to see Bernie Brewer with a telescope stealing signs from his perch whenever games start back up for the Brewers. I don't care.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

2. Even if that report is false, and it turns out to be something much bigger: it’s not like it exonerates the Astros in any way. Your still fucking cheats from the top all the way down. Your justification attempts just make you look more pathetic.

we learned it from watching you. 

1 hour ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

Im preserving this for posterity for 2 reasons. 

1: the early reports is this was a reprimand for misusing the bullpen phone in order to try to get extra information on challenging a play. Not even close to the smoking gun Astros fans and players (!!!) tried to portray it as.  Shout out to the POS Bregman for posting a reaction the deleting it btw.

In conclusion, fans like you deserve Bill O’Brien.

Never forget: This wasn't the first time the Astros tried to cheat their way to victory against a NY baseball team *Cough*MikeScott*Cough*.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

we learned it from watching you. 

Who is this “you” you are talking about? If it’s Cubs fans, there has been no evidence we did anything as of now. If it’s the Cards because you mistakingly think I’m a Cardinals fan cause I live in St. Louis, if anything they look justified now in worrying that the Astros were stealing there info, which is the story they’ve always had, because your organization is clearly not above cheating to win.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

Who is this “you” you are talking about? If it’s Cubs fans, there has been no evidence we did anything as of now. If it’s the Cards because you mistakingly think I’m a Cardinals fan cause I live in St. Louis, if anything they look justified now in worrying that the Astros were stealing there info, which is the story they’ve always had, because your organization is clearly not above cheating to win.

lol if the Cubs were cheating then I sure hope to hell they would have been better than they were. Joe was too busy trying be crafty or zen or whatever the fuck to engineer a cheating scheme. Theo was too busy pulling his hair out.

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

I meant Yankees.  I can't imagine a non-Yankees fan defending those cheating bastards. 

It's without a doubt that Carlos Beltran brought his cheating ways from the Yankees to the Astros. 

3 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

I meant Yankees.  I can't imagine a non-Yankees fan defending those cheating bastards. 

It's without a doubt that Carlos Beltran brought his cheating ways from the Yankees to the Astros. 

Yes, because if there is one thing we should believe, it's the words of a cheater. And it certainly wasn't pushed by the Astros to try to make themselves look good without presenting fucking any evidence what so ever.

If Beltran said other teams were cheating, all he or anyone else has to do is show how. He hasn't. Nobody has. Until someone does, we have zero reason to believe this story.

Also, lol at you calling any other franchise "cheating bastards".

• Like 2

I got no beef with the Cubs or with Dan.  No idea why you simping to the Yankees' defense. 

Yankees fans were the most sanctimonious bitches about the whole thing, and turns out they were doing the same thing and still getting baffled by McCullers throwing 24 straight curveballs at them and still couldn't do shit.  They knew what was coming and still couldn't do shit.  And all their whining when they knew THEY KNEW they were cheating.  Feels good to rub that schadenfreude in their stupid Yankee faces when they were oh so happy to point the finger at the Astros. 

1) Doesn't take away from the fact that the Astros stole signs.  Of course not.  But it does put it in context that the Red Sox and the Yankees were both busted.  Should the Astros' punishment have been less severe?  Yes.  Should the Red Sox who got busted twice and blamed it on the video guy twice should have been more harshly punished.  Yes.  Will the Yankees get a pass because they are the Yankees?  Of course they will. 

2) The Astros were scapegoated by Manfred.  Fuck that guy.  Everyone steals signs, including the two most important teams in baseball.  It's not right that the Astros were treated like pariahs for this bullshit when at least a third of the league (if not all of them) were doing it. 

3) I don't care if teams are stealing signs.  Make better signs.  Don't tip your pitches.  Sign stealing was always going on and will always go on.  Instead of all this sanctimonious bullshit about the sanctity of the game, just allow it and let teams figure out how to better not get their signs stolen or tip their pitches. 

4) Yankees ex-manager Joe Girardi flat out admitted they stole signs:

5) Alex Cora and Carlos Beltran were the brains of the sign stealing, and both were subsequently fired / suspended from their next stops.  Cora even got busted cheating in Boston.  Remember that after 2017 the Astros weren't stealing signs anymore. 

6) Also remember that in 2017 the Astros actually hit better on the road than at home.  So the sign stealing didn't even benefit them.  Meanwhile the Yankees from 2015-2017:

2015: .759 home OPS, .729 road OPS

2016: .752 home OPS, .689 road OPS

2017: .817 home OPS, .755 road OPS

7) If there's nothing in the letter and Manfred ain't covering up any shit, why try to keep it from coming out?  The Truth is an absolute defense in this case. The fact that they don't want the letter out in the public means that they know it's bad for them. 

Finally, my whole point in this stupid saga is that even though the Yankees were stealing signs and being cheating bastards, they couldn't do shit against Lance McCullers throwing 24 straight curveballs and they took stupid cut after stupid cut and did fuck all of nothing and the Yankees suck and their World Series drought has now lasted twice as long as the Confederacy. 

Fuck the Yankees, Fuck Yankees fans, Fuck sanctimonious defenders of the so-called "sanctity of the sport," fuck Manfred the worst commissioner in sports, Fuck Jomboy, and fuck everyone else for that matter. 

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Why the fuck does anyone engage Lawful on anything involving sports?

Because meltdowns be fun to watch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rule #1. It's baseball, if you're not cheating you're not trying. 

The HOF includes a guy that never met a piece of slippery elm he didn't like, a guy that slathered so much pine tar on his bats that you wondered if he was using them as sex toys, and a guy that sharpened up his spikes primarily to carve up the shortstop when he went to cover second base. Now I realize that there's nothing in the rules per se about carving up shortstops (Or second basemen if the situation arises), but you would think that the practice is sort of frowned upon. Further, if you're stupid enough to have signs that Carlos fucking Beltran can figure out a way to steal you need to have your ass sent back to AAA for a season or two. 

Edited by OSJ
  • Like 3

On 6/14/2020 at 12:19 AM, The Man Known as Dan said:

Yes, because if there is one thing we should believe, it's the words of a cheater. And it certainly wasn't pushed by the Astros to try to make themselves look good without presenting fucking any evidence what so ever.

If Beltran said other teams were cheating, all he or anyone else has to do is show how. He hasn't. Nobody has. Until someone does, we have zero reason to believe this story.

Also, lol at you calling any other franchise "cheating bastards".

I love as a Red Sox fan how quick people are to point their fingers at them for cheating. Yes they did cheat, and it was beyond stupid to do it. But the thing that annoys me about it is it shouldn’t detract from the World Series wins they have prior to 2018. 

They didn’t start cheating until they got that little midget that I never cared for from Houston. But hey Alex Cora isn’t as bad as the Yankees right? ? Even as someone that’s hated the Yankees since he was little I’ll admit they’ve done much less to harm the game and it’s integrity than the Astros or Cora have done. 

And I’m sure I can guess who’s having the meltdown since it’s his beloved team being called in to question. Maybe he should just give it a rest, and realize when it comes to sports teams Houston is downright crap. The Texans are a laughing stock outside of Deshaun Watson and JJ Watt, The Astros are cheating pieces of crap, and there’s no more overrated NBA team than The Rockets. What do they ever do in the playoffs? 

• Haha 1

Since this is the baseball forum, let's stick to baseball*. 

Red Sox caught in Apple Watch Sign Stealing Scandal in 2017.  Prior to Alex Cora showing up.  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/05/sports/baseball/boston-red-sox-stealing-signs-yankees.html

Red Sox caught again in 2019, a year after winning the World Series in 2018.  Hmm ... Really puts a taint on that World Series win and the sanctity of the game.  They're two time cheaters, which makes the Red Sox two times worse than the Astros. 

And it's not my team that's been called into question.  The Astros fired their manager and general manager, and all the Astros have admitted to the scheme in 2017.  They defended themselves against accusations in 2018 and 2019, which they were cleared of.  They've done their penance.

The team that is being called into question is the Yankees.  Who, if you don't remember, were accused of cheating before, by the ... Red Sox.  And let's face it, the Yankees and Yankees fans are just the worst.  Red Sox fans aren't far behind.  You might say that about Houston sports fans, but at least we're loyal. 

I'm trying to figure out how you become a Dallas Mavericks AND Boston Red Sox fan AND a Giannis simp.  Hell, at least you're not a Rangers fan or Cowboys fan. 

* Texans have won four out of the last five division titles and won two playoff games.  And good ol' BOB may not have any idea what he's doing out there as a football coach, but he's the first (only?) coach to pledge to take a knee with the players during the anthem.  He's a good person, if not exactly qualified to be a coach / GM.  Rockets in the James Harden Era have been to the playoffs eight straight years, went to two Western Conference Finals, and Harden won one MVP (should've had three more).  The James Harden Rockets have won more playoff series than the LA Clippers have in their entirety as a franchise.  And if you want to go back further, the Hakeem the Dream Rockets won two championships.