DVDVR Message Board

Stupid Crap Baseball Players Say or Do

Dolfan in NYC

On 2/20/2020 at 8:19 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

All i know Kurt is based on everything you've posted, I 100% would want you to be my defense attorney. ?

"Hurtie? Call Kurtie!"

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Are you saying Jesus Christ can’t hit a curveball?

By all accounts, the dude could tote some lumber (at least late in his career).

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

You serious, Clark?

I played little league (and up through HS) and never once did I see this. What does god have to do with it? Is he on the bump every Sunday?

https://www.littleleague.org/who-we-are/pledge/

Yeah, I'm serious. It get recited at every Little League opening day in the league my boys play in, and it's on the reverse cover of every LL rulebook. 

What the fuck does god have to do with anything? People like that guy, so they invoke his name all the fucking time. It's tiresome for those of us that don't care for his constant involvement, but who am I to say anything about some sky wizard that lots of people think make the world work?

On 2/22/2020 at 12:03 PM, OSJ said:

By all accounts, the dude could tote some lumber (at least late in his career).

What the hell? I might as well join in, so I can fry for eternity with the rest of you.

Of course, Jesus and Joseph could both tote the lumber. They were carpenters, after all. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What the hell? I might as well join in, so I can fry for eternity with the rest of you.

I am going to hell for a lot of reasons - Loving Major League is not one of them

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Oh my God it keeps getting worse. EVEN JOE TORRE KNEW...Fuck everyone, fire everyone.

But it's cool because Torre is already gone. How convenient.

Looks like I'm wrong. I thought Torre was gone. He's still the Chief Baseball Officer and oversees things like on-field discipline.

Edited by Craig H

I'll put it here since it is in relation to HOU, but in no way is this a man saying a stupid thing:

I'm pretty sure this motherfucker wants to be commissioner. I still think he sucks, but I appreciate him speaking up and saying this shit.

Edited by grilledcheese
  • Like 4

Never mind, didn't read the main thread - this is already posted there. 

When everything about baseball is stupid, it's hard to know which thread to look in anymore.

Edited by CSC
  • Like 1

Goose Gossage is FULL of the spiciest of takes:  

‘It’s like the Democrats are running baseball’

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/rays/2020/03/06/goose-gossage-its-like-the-democrats-are-running-baseball/?outputType=amp

Short version, he's extremely NOT about Sabermetrics.   I'm as shocked as you. 

Ah the old spring time ritual

Ask Goose a question to get an easy story out of it.

It is the baseball sport writer equivalent of tagging Jim Cornette on a wrestling GIF

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, hammerva said:

Well I hope everyone enjoys Easter because if this is even partly true than holy shit

This is so ridiculously stupid that it almost has to be true. I wouldn't ask Pay-Rod for his thoughts on anything.

19 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Meh. Could be worse. Could be Schilling.

I always think that Schilling has a Cabinet position that we don't know about...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Remember how Rob Manfred basically implied that the Red Sox punishment was going to be WAY worse than the Astros

Yeah... about that

The Red Sox are losing a 2nd round pick, the replay operator is banned for the season and Alex Cora is banned through the 2020 post season.

So... yeah....