DVDVR Message Board

Stupid Crap Baseball Players Say or Do

Dolfan in NYC

While it notes they are protecting their players (which as they say they are legally required to do) here is the paragraph that again makes Manfred stupid

Over the last two weeks, the Association and MLB have had regular dialogue on potential rule changes affecting sign stealing, in-game technology and video, data access and usage, Club audits and disclosures, player education, and enforcement — including the potential for player discipline. Written proposals have been exchanged, and we have made it clear to MLB that no issue is off the table, including player discipline.

• Like 1

Took a bit but catching up on the Astros situation just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  I don't necessarily want to suggest it but if they do "accidentally" get hit by a pitch then I won't feel sorry for them.  At least with me being an Orioles fan I don't have to worry about them cheating, otherwise they would be at least half decent.  But until that comes out that they (ineptly) did it too then  I'll at least still support them.

One thing that will change is I'm not going to buy anything that goes towards MLB in any way, at least for this season unless something positive happens.  So no MLB TV since cutting the cord keeps me from most O's games (fucking MASN and their TV contract)  And no merch either which is fine since I have enough anyway.  I still will follow the O's but I just can't justify directly or indirectly giving money to MLB for the foreseeable future.

Anyway, that's just my two cents.  Oh, and Manfred is a fucking idiot which given recent commissioners sounds par for the course.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

I'm the opposite.  I can't wait for baseball season to start.  Can't wait to see how many homers the Astros hit with their murderer's row of a lineup.  Can't wait to see if opposing pitchers / teams are so butthurt to risk a suspension / give the Astros free baserunners. 

Like my dad always told me, it's not about who you love in sports, it's who you hate.  And right now I hate every other team that's spoken up about this. 

And the Yankees.  Especially the Yankees. 

I'm cool with the Nationals.  Juan Soto had the only wise take on the Astros.  Did you know he's only 21 years old? 

1 minute ago, Lawful Metal said:

And the Yankees.  Especially the Yankees. 

I'm cool with the Nationals.  Juan Soto had the only wise take on the Astros.  Did you know he's only 21 years old? 

I am surprised you were cool with the Nats doing that Valentine's bit of basically telling the rest of the league "You can thank us for stopping the Astros reign of terror!"

Because honestly that irritated me more than the Houston stuff (but I also have a bias)

12 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

Well, that likely means one of two things. Manfred got rolled on by the PA and didn't doublecheck to figure out if what he was told was accurate as it pertained to the League's investigative powers, or he's full of shit and just tried to come up with something that he thought sounded feasible.

My money is on option number two.

Well, you sure you look like Nostradamus with this prediction.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Craig H said:

Dude.

He seems like a decent enough guy outside of this thread so I'm just not taking much stock in whatever he says here.  Heck, even in the football threads he seems fine enough but that also doesn't have cheating teams in it AFAIK.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

He seems like a decent enough guy outside of this thread so I'm just not taking much stock in whatever he says here.  Heck, even in the football threads he seems fine enough but that also doesn't have cheating teams in it AFAIK.

I'm totally not decent.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Red Sox were definitely doing it too:

We'll just ignore the many, many people who said something while it was going on and got ignored. Remember, ESPN reported this stuff in 2018.

Edited by Tabe

6 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Saw story that some Little Leagues (or equivalent) are not using the Astros name for teams this year. 

I wholeheartedly support that decision. You can't possibly be talking about the integrity of this game and telling kids to play the right way while wearing that uni. I mean, this is the Little League Pledge:

I trust in God
I love my country
And will respect its laws
I will play fair
And strive to win
But win or lose
I will always do my best

I would feel two-faced as fuck wearing a rainbow guts jersey spouting off to 11 year olds about how they should "play fair".

• Like 1

Luckily Fiers doesn't have to worry about this except maybe 2 times in a fluke against a National League team but here is an interesting What If.   Would players that beaned Fiers  for being a "snitch" gets punished the same, more, or less than players who bean the Astros for cheating.  Given Manfred it would be interesting

8 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

I mean, this is the Little League Pledge:

I trust in God
I love my country
And will respect its laws
I will play fair
And strive to win
But win or lose
I will always do my best

You serious, Clark?

I played little league (and up through HS) and never once did I see this. What does god have to do with it? Is he on the bump every Sunday?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

You serious, Clark?

I played little league (and up through HS) and never once did I see this. What does god have to do with it? Is he on the bump every Sunday?

Jesus?  I like him very much, but he not help me hit curveball.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2