DVDVR Message Board

Stupid Crap Baseball Players Say or Do

Dolfan in NYC

Jessica Mendoza seems like a dumb person:

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/jessica-mendoza-mets-adviser-calls-out-whistleblower-mike-fiers-as-carlos-beltrans-future-remains-unclear/

She should probably stick to collecting her paycheck from NYM and being the most tolerable part of a bad three person booth on Sunday night national games. Being disappointed in a guy for outing some straight up fuckery that tarnishes the integrity of the game seems like a bad take.

• Like 4

Trevor Bauer is laughing his ass off right now.  

Also, a manager being shown the door before managing his first game - while the team could have had Girardi but were too cheap to pay him - is so Peak Metropolitans I feel like we're in the last panel of the Galaxy Brain meme.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, grilledcheese said:

My partner at work is convinced that the gold strip is a buzzer. I think it's confetti, but if he is right, this photo is from the 2019 ALCS, proving that they kept on with it for 2 more years.

Hide contents

1182177730.jpeg

I don't believe for a second that Houston stopped after the 2017 season. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

My partner at work is convinced that the gold strip is a buzzer. I think it's confetti, but if he is right, this photo is from the 2019 ALCS, proving that they kept on with it for 2 more years.

Hide contents

1182177730.jpeg

Reddick is on his way to Suspensionville Junction. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Since the Cubs are doing jack fucking shit while Tom figures out ways of funneling money to Emperor Cheeto, all of this has made this a very fun off-season for me.

BAN THEM ALL

It's been fun for me for one $324 million reason, but I'm loving this right now. It's especially great because it happened to such a cocky, easily hateable Houston team and the Yankees arch rival. I love that the 2017 and 2018 championships, plus Altuve's MVP will be forever tainted.

The Mets being involved is one of the most lol Mets things ever. They couldn't have gone after Joe Girardi or Buck Showalter or Hensely Meulens. They had to go with Carlos Beltran. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be in the corner playing this fiddle.

6 hours ago, Pete said:

Bam Bam.

Bam Bam.

BAM BAM.

BAM BAM.

And my Avast has just blocked an anti-tracking program. I'm not sure which is funnier in context, Phil's OP or Pete's response to it. I find them both hysterically funny considering  my disdain for the New York Metropolitan Baseball Club. (Just try to say that with a straight face, go ahead, I'll wait...)  (Okay, maybe ten minutes...What? Still here?  ?