DVDVR Message Board

Stupid Crap Baseball Players Say or Do

Dolfan in NYC

3 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

I'm thinking not this time: Apparently Hinch smashed the monitor a couple times to stop it, but Cora just had it fixed and continued on. And Hinch got a one year suspension.

I can get the idea that this little tidbit is supposed to paint Hinch in a better light, but what the fuck did he think that was going to do? You work for an organization with countless millions of dollars at their disposal, and you thought breaking a TV was going to end this? Get the fuck out of here.

Let's not forget that Brandon Taubman was placed on the ineligible list. So the only punishment close to what I thought was appropriate goes to the dude who was guilty of yelling at people. Cheat in the WS, not that big of a deal. I'm obviously minimizing what he was doing, but jesus fucking christ.

I had hoped that they would pull out the Kenesaw Mountain Landis book of discipline, but alas, they did not. Coppolella caught a lifetime ban for the international signing stuff. Chris Correa went to federal prison for knowing that some dope in the HOU office would reuse a password. This batch of punishment seems ultra-fucking soft, and maybe that's because I know it came at the expense of my boys, but I'd be preaching from the same pulpit if it was LAD that got caught running video.

Well they got off easily. But it isn't surprising.   I am sure the Astros would give up $50 million for the benefits they got from it.  And a one year suspension for a manager is nothing to worry about.  Just because Hinch has a big scarlet letter painted on him, it doesn't mean nobody will look at him

Sports fans are stupid - we all know this

But it is really amazing to me that I actually see comments in other places with people outraged that the GM/Manager were suspended (and subsequently fired) because "they had nothing to do with it"

?

• Haha 2

The statement that Luhnow put out there is the biggest load of bullshit. It's essentially Rick James denying he stomped on a white couch before admitting he stomped on a white couch.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Craig H said:

The statement that Hinch put out there is the biggest load of bullshit. It's essentially Rick James denying he stomped on a white couch before admitting he stomped on a white couch.

At least Hinch (whether you believe he means it or not) accepted responsibility as opposed to Luhnow who said it is everyone else's fault but his.

Just now, RIPPA said:

At least Hinch (whether you believe he means it or not) accepted responsibility as opposed to Luhnow who said it is everyone else's fault but his.

I corrected my post. I said Hinch because he was on my mind, but it was Luhnow's. It was some Nixon-esque shit.

I think Cora gets a longer suspension than Hinch and Luhnow since it's being reported he was the mastermind of this scheme.

Now, let's see what the Mets do with Carlos Beltran who was said to be heavily involved.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

Make him your VP of Baseball Operations and GM as well. I await Nazi Memorabilia night where fans get to dress in their favorite uniforms.

Edited by Ryan

20 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Now, let's see what the Mets do with Carlos Beltran who was said to be heavily involved.

Well, Mark Teixieierieixiaia called for the Mets to fire him this morning.  

Which, of course, carries about as much weight as my calling for him to be fired.  (But for me it's what he did to my Fantasy team in 2011)

6 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well, Mark Teixieierieixiaia called for the Mets to fire him this morning.  

Which, of course, carries about as much weight as my calling for him to be fired.  (But for me it's what he did to my Fantasy team in 2011)

and because they're the Mets, they're supposedly wavering on whether to fire Beltran or not

I was hoping a decision would have come down while The Michael Kay Show was on today.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie