DVDVR Message Board

Stupid Crap Baseball Players Say or Do

Dolfan in NYC

40 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

And now those sappy interviews Sportsnet did with him about how fatherhood changed him, etc, are gonna look pretty bad. 

Time for the softball interview with Jamie Campbell. It worked so well for the guy who got busted for PED use. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, DouglasC said:

More former Blue Jays acting like idiots around women again. Bonus hilarity for the photo they used.

Edit: Deleted, but not fast enough:

kSkrOk.jpg

And here I thought that Kelly Gruber displayed "inappropriate behavior" whenever he played third base.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Very un-Canadian

It is, on the other hand, quite Chap (mascot of the rich kid high school he attended here in Austin) of him.

Being a shithead was very much par for the course with that bunch.  Only two ejections I ever saw in four years of HS baseball were from their guys.  Second one involved a bat thrown into the stands.

59 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Only two ejections I ever saw in four years of HS baseball were from their guys.  Second one involved a bat thrown into the stands.

Could’ve been worse. Like when JoJo’s father, Jose Offerman, attacked that dude with a bat and subsequently ended his career due to PCS. 

A pitcher breaking his hand because he punched a wall because he blew a save because he loses his composure every time he blows a save counts as stupid crap baseball players say and do, right?

At least he didn't start a brawl that inflicted a career ending injury on a teammate this time, I guess.  PROGRESS~!

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Ramirez is being “eyed” over his potential connection with an ongoing federal and Massachusetts state investigation regarding the distribution of fentanyl.                    

ABC News Michelle McPhee explained on Boston radio station WAAF that a person was recently pulled over while carrying 435 grams of the substance and told authorities Ramirez was somehow connected to the drugs.

Follow up, Hanley apparently got the Roman Reigns treatment.  The new report is, the guy who named him in the fentanyl bust just name-dropped him because he thought it would get him out of further trouble.  

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Tigers fired pitching coach Chris Bosio for making a "racially insensitive" comment towards a team employee

Not a big surprise, he was pretty much of an asshat during his stint with the M's.

The Bosio stuff gets cringe-ier and cringe-ier. The other day he defended himself in about the lamest way imaginable saying that he was calling Stumpf "Spider Monkey" because that's their nickname for him and a black clubhouse attendant mistook that for Bosio calling him a monkey. Yeah. Really solid defense.

Anyway, it came out that Bosio called the attendant a monkey. Bosio made a comment about one of the pitchers, presumably Stumpf, then gestured to the attendant and said, "like this monkey here." There are witnesses to this and Bosio was even given the chance to apologize and he refused.

When Bosio wasn't brought back to the Cubs we all sort of speculated that there must have been a clubhouse chemistry issue, in addition to having a big mouth, because he was doing a pretty good job otherwise. This doesn't confirm that, but it just kinda makes us think even more about why the pitching coach change was made.

The thing with Bosio in Seattle is that he wasn't a bad pitcher, (he wouldn't get confused with a great one, either, but he wasn't awful); still, he was pretty much hated by his team-mates and knowledgeable fans alike because every time he opened his mouth something horrible would fly out of it. Sort of like what John Coffey draws out of folks in The Green Mile, only audible. Picture Bosio stalking through the clubhouse spewing out nasty, little black bugs (or whatever they were) and you've pretty much got it. I don't imagine a coaching job would serve to make him tone it down any.

46 minutes ago, J.T. said:

E:60 interviewed Sammy Sosa on Sunday.  I stared in morbid amazement.

No one quite like Sammy, is there? I didn't see it, was he belligerent, arrogant, confrontational, or incoherent? The four most usual characteristics that emerge during a Sosa interview.