DVDVR Message Board

Stupid Crap Baseball Players Say or Do

Dolfan in NYC

Oh boy, did the Padres organization fuck up.  They held an "Out at the Park" night in conjunction with San Diego Pride weekend. The SD Gay Men's Chorus came out to sing the national anthem, so with 100 men on the field ready to sing...  they play a woman's pre-recorded voice and played the song to completion.  The men did not sing and were humiliatingly led off to jerks yelling "You sing like a girl."   Video here:  

They released a statement saying they regretted the error, etc etc. 

The SDGMC then released their own statement saying the Padres deliberately sabotaged the performance and tried to require them to all buy tickets for the game a few days before the performance.  They are calling for a full investigation. 

This is going to end well. 

• Like 1

Got a pretty big write up in the NY Times today.  

Anyway, the Padres have finished their own investigation and have apologized again saying they believe there was no malicious intent, but they have fired the '3rd party vendor' (read - unpaid intern) who made the error and did not correct it. 

One more post script to the Padres story, the SDGMC has requested the DJ get his job back after he gave his own apology. 

The Marlins thing is just... ugh.  

And last but not least, Hector Olivera just got more than half the season off (82 games total) for beating up a woman at a hotel bar in the DC area. (The Barv tried to trade him, but shockingly, found no takers.)

On 5/26/2016 at 5:58 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

One more post script to the Padres story, the SDGMC has requested the DJ get his job back after he gave his own apology. 

The Marlins thing is just... ugh.  

And last but not least, Hector Olivera just got more than half the season off (82 games total) for beating up a woman at a hotel bar in the DC area. (The Barv tried to trade him, but shockingly, found no takers.)

I was having a conversation with someone about how football players actually get away with less, because everyone hears about anything a football player does.  I live in the DC area, and my homepage on my internet browser in ESPN.com, this is the first time I'm hearing about this Olivera thing.  A baseball player could shit on my front porch and I wouldn't hear about it until I checked this topic.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the postgames yesterday, he was joking around with media, talking about how he'd be in Colorado regardless, maybe as a member of the Rockies. I fucking love this kid's ability, but sweet fucking Christ is he a headcase. Oh well, I guess Reddick will platoon with Scott Van Slyke in RF instead of Yasiel. Hopefully, he just wanted to get a head start to the airport for his flight to OKC.

Rosenthal put a correction out, turns out Puig was informed yesterday not to report to the plane or the stadium, and he did not. He was aware hat he was being dealt or demoted, it was just a matter of which one. Since they couldn't get him traded and he has no minor league options, he has no choice but to accept the trip to OKC.

I'm hoping it lights a fire under him, but I have my doubts.

• 2 weeks later...