DVDVR Message Board

Stupid Crap Baseball Players Say or Do

Dolfan in NYC

Curt Schilling actively continues to try to get himself fired! weighs in on the North Carolina anti-LGBT law!

Spoiler

13015556_241441042910133_243315935654179

"A man is a man no matter what they call themselves," Schilling wrote on Facebook. "I don't care what they are, who they sleep with, men's room was designed for the penis , women's not so much. Now you need laws telling us differently? Pathetic"

Attaboy Curt.  You live your truth. 

Firing Curt Schilling turns ESPN, ABC, and Disney into an anti-God, anti-conservative entity in an election year.

Not firing him keeps the same people pissed off today pissed off at them as long as he's employed.

Lose/lose situation for ESPN. Win/win for Schilling - if he gets fired, he's a martyr and will get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars at speaking gigs. If he doesn't get fired, hey, he didn't get fired and Fox will be waiting there with open arms, crossover appearances on Fox News, and the knowledge that it has the rights to the World Series and half the playoffs for the next...four/five years, and baseball fans can't boycott their coverage.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

They can do what ever they want - I am just happy that in the last year my hatred of Schilling went from irrational to rationale 

Any hatred of Curt Schilling has always, and will always be completely rational and justified. 

• Like 3

I say keep him employed forever, but bury him on second tier ESPN3 women's college la crosse coverage for the rest of his tenure.

He has doubled-down:

You frauds out there ranting and screaming about my ‘opinions’ (even if it isn’t) and comments are screaming for “tolerance” and “acceptance” while you refuse to do and be either.

YOU’RE the ones making it the issue. I don’t care, if you ask me about any of the topics it’s likely (much to the chagrin of many) I’ll answer with my opinion.

There are things I have deeply held beliefs in, things I have that are core to who I am, things I am passionate about. If you ask me about them it’s likely I’ll give you a passionate answer, whether you like that answer or not is completely up to you. I am not going to give you answers to make sure you like what I say, let the rest of the insecure world do that.

So, yeah, he is actively trying to get himself fired. 

Nah, she spelled "traitor" correctly in one of her other tweets.  That's a dead giveaway she's a fan of a third club trying to start trouble between Cards and Cubs fans.  She probably never even had a smooth Busch Beer or an easy-drinking Busch Light (thank you, Mike Shannon) in her life!

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

He has doubled-down:

So, yeah, he is actively trying to get himself fired. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he has group behind him that is waiting for him to get fired to get some kind of free speech law suit going.

4 minutes ago, Sublime said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he has group behind him that is waiting for him to get fired to get some kind of free speech law suit going.

So they can lose horribly? The first amendment only protects you from the Goverment not a private business.

1 hour ago, muhammedboehm said:

So they can lose horribly? The first amendment only protects you from the Goverment not a private business.

Oh I know  that, but there are people who like to try to make points about this kind of stuff and  I wouldn't be surprised if Schilling is affiliated with a group that would be willing to waste the time and resources to attempt to make some point because they think they are right.

Do you think he marches around his home in his nazi uniforms while thinking of schemes to get himself heel heat for his inevitable run for senate?

Edit: Note, that's not more than 10% of a joke, he actually owns all that shit and probably would run for office.

Do not read the twitter comments about his firing, most of the higher ones are from people who just hate trans-folk regardless of your take on the topic, it won't lead anywhere well. On the topic of him, shouldn't he have been fired about 14 times by now? He's done shit on this level a bunch of times and people have been fired by ESPN for far less.