DVDVR Message Board

Stupid Crap Baseball Players Say or Do

Dolfan in NYC

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Fog Power? 

Fogo Power. Reference to a steak place because a player ate there and hit a homer or something. 

4 hours ago, Tabe said:

Fogo Power. Reference to a steak place because a player ate there and hit a homer or something. 

Fogo de Chao to be specific.  An all you can eat Brazilian steakhouse chain in midtown (and a couple on Long Island).   

Overpriced and nowhere near as good as Rainhas that's literally 10 blocks from the stadium.  

• Like 1

Next time you're in South Florida, PM me.   I'll tell you where you should eat.   

Brazilian steak is shockingly tough.   I'd recommend R House in Wynwood or Little Brazil in Miami Beach.  

Los Ranchos is the spot I'd send tourists to. Great Nicaraguan steak and other food.  

The only other place I remember eating at is some famous ice cream place Lebatard told me to go to while I was in town. But I don’t remember the name off the top of my head. I want to say it was near a jai alai court/arena. 

Edit; I thought it was something like Jason's but it's Jaxon's Ice Cream Parlor. 

Edited by odessasteps
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Next time you're in South Florida, PM me.   I'll tell you where you should eat.   

Brazilian steak is shockingly tough.   I'd recommend R House in Wynwood or Little Brazil in Miami Beach.  

Los Ranchos is the spot I'd send tourists to. Great Nicaraguan steak and other food.  

I remember thinking the same thing - that the steak was tough - the one time I ate at a Brazilian place. The rest of the food was great though. 

I actually really like picanha. I've also made it before for family and they like it when I make it. I usually get mine from an online shop called Wild Fork Foods. 

There's really good Brazilian food in Orlando at Camila's. Any time I'm in the Orlando area, we make it a point to eat there at least once. I think there js a Camila's in Miami as well. There's also a really neat Brazilian place near Cape Canaveral in Merritt Island called Brasas.

On 7/22/2022 at 4:42 PM, Tabe said:

Wander Franco had $650,000 on jewelry stolen from his car. I am constantly amazed by how much valuable stuff some guys keep in their cars. 

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34280374/tampa-bay-rays-wander-franco-loses-650k-jewelry-stolen-vehicle

Can you imagine being the thief? Probably months or even years of loose change, maybe a purse or two, some odd clothes perhaps, and then bam! A whole shit ton of expensive jewelry. Finally!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

My wife lived in Marion, IL when I met her. That's the same town that the prison Rose went to is in. My mother-in-law met Rose a few years ago and had to catch herself before she said, "You and my daughter used to live in the same town!"

10 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

I thought he was banned from ballparks for life?

He technically is/was but MLB itself already bent that rule by allowing him to appear at the All Century Team celebration back in 99.

The Phillies organization also announced that they "received permission from the Commissioner's Office"