DVDVR Message Board

Stupid Crap Baseball Players Say or Do

Dolfan in NYC

So basically he slap not for "cheating" on injured reserve players but being snitched on by him getting caught "cheating" in the same league by accident when he tried to do it in another league ?

I mean I am not sure I have heard of players that was worth this shit.  Like if it was a QB fine but seriously 

He's lucky he only got three games, MLB is random as hell when it comes to suspension lengths. I know some people on this forum don't agree but technically that's an assault, Joc could have had him arrested (or at least ticketed) for it since it wasn't exactly in the heat of a sports play. It is pretty funny tho.

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I presume MLB prob isn’t happy with folks talking about big money fantasy leagues.

For what it’s worth, players can take part in non-baseball/softball fantasy leagues as long as they aren’t hosted by an offshore-based site, or if the player resides in a state  that hasn’t legalized sports betting, etc etc.

on Reddit, someone mentioned that Pham was shortening his career with this stuff, and I had to point out that Pham's already 34

would it be sadder to be like this in your 20s wasting time or when you're approaching 40 and should know better by now?

I'm glad MLB suspended Pham but 3 games seems pretty light for physically attacking another player before a game.  I don't care that it was "only" a slap.  Kudos to Pederson for not responding in kind.  Pham sounds like a whackjob. 

June 24 is when the teams reconnect again.  Odds that somebody throws at Pham?

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man, that's hilarious.  

For those not clicking into the thread - Pham was upset that Pederson sent a GIF to their group text that featured weightlifters from the Dodgers, Giants and Padres with the Padres weightlifter collapsing under the weight of the barbell.  Pham got upset, Joc apologized.  And 7 months later, we get Will Smith 2.0.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Josh Donaldson is all sad that the Yankees didn’t publicly support him for being racist so, yeah that trade is going as well as expected 

In doing so, the team learned that not all players wanted to be included. No exact breakdown was provided, but well more than half the players appeared to participate. Pitchers Jason Adam, Jalen Beeks, Brooks Raley, Jeffrey Springs and Ryan Thompson were among those who did not, electing to peel off the burst logo and wear the standard hat.

Adam, chosen by team officials to speak for the players who opted out, said it was primarily a matter of religious beliefs and not wanting to encourage the “behavior” of those in the LGBTQ+ community.

If you read the story, you will see that Adam's full statement is even more enraging than that bolded part

39 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If you read the story, you will see that Adam's full statement is even more enraging than that bolded part

I feel sorry for Adam. His Jesus sounds like an asshole.

• Like 3