DVDVR Message Board

Stupid Crap Baseball Players Say or Do

Dolfan in NYC

4 minutes ago, Tabe said:

From skimming it, it seems his primary complaint is that they reported the woman had a fractured skull when the scan showed she did not, which The Athletic had a copy of and would have known. The rest is just his proof that the reporter acted maliciously due to already not liking him. I'm not a lawyer and don't pretend to be one on the Internet, so I don't know if that fine of a detail being wrong is enough to win a lawsuit.

On 3/29/2022 at 9:32 PM, Kevin Wilson said:

From skimming it, it seems his primary complaint is that they reported the woman had a fractured skull when the scan showed she did not, which The Athletic had a copy of and would have known. The rest is just his proof that the reporter acted maliciously due to already not liking him. I'm not a lawyer and don't pretend to be one on the Internet, so I don't know if that fine of a detail being wrong is enough to win a lawsuit.

Here is a lawyer on the internet and he goes through the whole complaint and it is as bad as you think. One of his complaints is that the writer didn't cite her sources but she literally was just talking about the article. The writer he is suing with the Athletic wasn't the person who did the article, just someone who was commenting on it and being like hey, you can't consent to a fractured skull. And yes, she didn't have a fractured skull, but the doctor ordered a CT scan because he believed she might, which at the time of the article wasn't known.

Anyway, I recommend reading the whole thing because it is wild and Akiva is a good follow

Edited by elizium

3 players - who are all currently FAs - all just got popped for PEDs and suspended for 80 games

• Richard Rodriguez (2021 on Pirates and Braves)
  • Danny Santana (2021 with Red Sox)
  • Jose Rondon (2021 with Cards)

16 hours ago, hammerva said:

Only in Philadelphia can a person suffer facial injuries from getting hit IN THE FACE by a hot dog shot out of a cannon.  

How is this not an entire season's plot of Always Sunny

• Haha 3