DVDVR Message Board

Stupid Crap Baseball Players Say or Do

Dolfan in NYC

Honestly, from the articles, it's hard to tell what went on.  From what I read last night, his attorney says they had a short two-month relationship where they hooked up a couple times and got into some rough, kinky stuff.  Supposedly, Bauer has a lot of texts from the woman where she describes what she's into (ick).

That's not to give him the benefit of the doubt.  My wife has worked with rape and domestic violence victims for a couple decades, and my general opinion is that women aren't likely to subject themselves to the scrutiny and invasion of privacy that comes with a rape accusation unless there's something to it.  False accusations happen, but far less often than men want to think.

In any case, the woman apparently suffered a concussion after the second (?) encounter with Bauer.  If you're into such weird kink that consensual sex gives your partner a concussion, I feel like it's time to look at yourself in the mirror and rethink some things.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 5:54 AM, Eoae said:

Honestly, from the articles, it's hard to tell what went on.  From what I read last night, his attorney says they had a short two-month relationship where they hooked up a couple times and got into some rough, kinky stuff.  Supposedly, Bauer has a lot of texts from the woman where she describes what she's into (ick).

If the texts I read are legit, she talks about what went on and it sure sounds consensual.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2021 at 5:00 PM, John from Cincinnati said:

Starlin Castro placed on administrative leave under the domestic violence policy. 

What makes this even worse for Nationals fan is that on the same day he is on leave they decided to bring back FP Santagelo to the TV broadcast after about 4 month off because of reports of sexual harassment/assault.    Talk about not reading the room 

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

What makes this even worse for Nationals fan is that on the same day he is on leave they decided to bring back FP Santagelo to the TV broadcast after about 4 month off because of reports of sexual harassment/assault.    Talk about not reading the room 

To be fair, "A Major League Baseball investigation couldn’t corroborate the allegations against Santangelo, according to people familiar with the situation." according to the Post article.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hammerva said:

There is no other awful memephrase that I would like to wish away into a corn field forever like in The Twilight Zone more than "Read the room".

• 2 weeks later...

Castro has been suspended 30 days by MLB (He will also be fined)

The Nats wasted no time announcing that he will be released as soon as his suspension ends

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Castro has been suspended 30 days by MLB (He will also be fined)

The Nats wasted no time announcing that he will be released as soon as his suspension ends

Well, I guess they have substantial evidence to come to a quick conclusion like this.

Bauer next?

Could also go in the olympics thread. From espn

Pitcher Danielle O'Toole, a former All-American at the University of Arizona and a member of the Mexican softball team at the Tokyo Olympics, posted an apology on Instagram on Sunday after players were criticized for leaving uniforms in the trash at the Olympic Village.

In the apology, which was posted in English and Spanish and included a photo of jerseys labeled July 31, 2021, O'Toole said she brought home her game jerseys but that she takes "responsibility" for leaving some clothing in Tokyo. She said she fit as much as she could into the one suitcase that was allowed, and the international shipping options at the Olympic Village did not include boxes.

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

All I can say on that if true then people need to pronounce words better.  Unless there is an accent in Colorado area that I am not familiar.

It's very clear he's yelling DINGER!

16 minutes ago, Tabe said:

The Rockies have investigated, talking to other fans, the players on the field, and the fan in question, and concluded he was, in fact, saying "Dinger".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/report-rockies-say-fan-shouted-dinger-instead-of-racial-slur/ar-AAN7lcL?li=BBnb7Kz

16 hours ago, Tabe said:

Another tweet from Steve Staeger, highlighting the fan in question and showing he was very obviously trying to get Dinger's attention:

https://twitter.com/SteveStaeger/status/1424751806400323586

... and now the fan in question is saying he's afraid of the blowback from the Twitter mob.  To me, this shouldn't have become a story.  I feel like the guy is clearly saying "Dinger" and in some of the video footage, he appears to be trying to attract the attention of the nearby skills.  Sigh.  Oh, yeah, the guy was at the game with his grandkids and wanted a photo of the kids with the mascot.  You shouldn't have to be Colombo to figure this one out.

I feel like this situation should have been defused before it got started.  And, annoyingly enough, the folks that rushed to judgment and were wrong are now curiously silent on the matter.  Not that I'm surprised.

Edited by Eoae