DVDVR Message Board

Stupid Crap Baseball Players Say or Do

Dolfan in NYC

This story would be alot easier to digest with a bit of context and transparency. 

That being said, I hope that any sex pests and/or assaulters tm are treated the same way by MLB moving forward.

For the last 2 weeks or so, Nationals fans have been trying to figure out why FP Santagelo has been off and on in the broadcast booth.   Well we are starting to see why.  He has pulled from today's game against the Yankees.    I have already considered him the Larry Michael of the Nationals because of his homerism.  Well apparently maybe more like than we thought.

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair - the keyword that the tweet kinda glosses over is "blowout"

The Twins were pissy about it also since Mercedes swung on 3-0 in the 9th with the Sox up 15-4

It was also against a position player

So it is one of those "unwritten rules" things

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well La Russa doubled down and made sure that his team hates him by stating he was glad the Twins threw at Yermin

Yeah, let's not forget that he also called Mercedes "clueless".

In 2001, the Seattle Mariners, a team that won 116 games, were up 12-0 in the 5th and then 14-2 in the 7th on the Cleveland Indians.  They lost 15-14.  Screw you Tony LaRussa, you sanctimonious, hypocritical, gasbag.

• Like 3

Fuck the score, you throw a Major League Hitter *THAT* pitch, I don't care position player or not, I'd punish a hitter for NOT smoking it, bat flip, stare it down, all that.  LaRussa can fuck off.

"running up the score" only applies when the team getting blown out gives up.  There's no running out the clock in baseball.  It is always mathematically possible to have an infinity run rally if you hit well enough.  Did the Twins start having their off-day starting pitchers pinch hit, too? No? They kept trying to hit? Then they haven't given up and the White Sox are under no obligation to stop competing.

Besides, everybody should be ready to swing 3-0 because everybody knows that basically unless the ball literally bounces the ump is going to call it a strike

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Mickey Callaway has been placed on the ineligible list through at least the end of the 2022 season

EDIT - And LAA has officially fired him

For those who have forgotten, this is related to the accusations against him of inappropriate conduct of a sexual nature with all three of his teams.

• 2 weeks later...