DVDVR Message Board

Stupid Crap Baseball Players Say or Do

Dolfan in NYC

Uggggggggggh doesn't even begin to cover it, if he's guilty and it sure sounds like he is, there is no torture in the vast catalog of medieval ways to torment a person before death that is too good for him. Fucking monster.

• Like 3

On 7/24/2020 at 5:26 AM, RIPPA said:

The list of people whose tweets I would rather not see on this board - Aubrey Huff's are probably on the top of that list.

I am still amazed that Aubrey Huff can use a computer, I would have thought carving on stone tablets would be more his speed.

• Like 1

You think he has the ability to handle a damn chisel? That would require skill and finesse and working thumbs. Also, the nuclear family structure is a well known fraud that is not sustainable anymore for most people.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Found the Marxist! /s

I'll Marx you! Just a general observation of all the people I know and how hard it is to raise a family now monetarily.

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Wherein SAN FRANCISCO Giants pitcher Sam Coonrod gets taken to the woodshed by another Bay area athlete:

Seems kinda ignorant to assume Coonrod isn't supportive simply because he doesn't kneel.  

We can just take him at his own words:

The outlier was Sam Coonrod, a second-year Giants reliever who said after the game that he is a Christian and "can't kneel before anything besides God." He also said he does not agree with some of what he has heard about the Black Lives Matter movement.

"I'm a Christian, like I said, and I just can't get on board with a couple of things that I have read about Black Lives Matter," Coonrod said. "How they lean toward Marxism and they've said some negative things about the nuclear family. I just can't get on board with that."

Coonrod said he did not have a chance to talk to teammates, including African-American outfielder Jaylin Davis, a leading voice in recent weeks, before the game because he did not know about the display until very late in the day, when a teammate informed him of what was going to happen. Coonrod said he decided he could not kneel, and "it was too late" at that point to talk to anyone about the decision.

He disagrees with the "movement" but I think what he means is that he disagrees with the ideology put forth by at least one of the women that founded the actual BLM organization. 

And that is perfectly okay. Because fuck that lady and fuck her ideas if you don't agree with her.

But "I just can't get on board with a couple of things that I have read about Black Lives Matter" doesn't sound like "Fuck that lady and her ideas". It sounds like "I don't think that black lives matter." And that's why I think people are motherfucking him.

Also, and this is just my own personal two cents, the whole deal about not being able to talk to anyone about it because it was so late in the day seems like horseshit. 

• Like 3

Fair enough. That's more than just him not kneeling. 

I assume Coonrod is referring to the "disrupt the (...) nuclear family" plank of BLM but I obviously don't know. 

I will say this though - no one should get grief for not kneeling, same as no one should get grief for kneeling. 

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1

Its interesting that, to the best of my knowledge, there were no examples of "not kneeling" in any of the just concluded Euro futbol seasons in the UK, Germany, Spain or Italy. 

Whereas, we had them in baseball and hockey in the first week of games. 

• Like 1