DVDVR Message Board

Stupid Crap Baseball Players Say or Do

Dolfan in NYC

4 minutes ago, Infinit said:

To me, @Lawful Metal and his defense of Houston teams is like Bobby Heenan cheering on Ric Flair at the 92 Rumble.  Highly entertaining.

I dunno, "I feel the Rockets in my pockets" just doesn't have the same ring as "Be fair to Flair"!

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Since this is the baseball forum, let's stick to baseball*. 

Red Sox caught in Apple Watch Sign Stealing Scandal in 2017.  Prior to Alex Cora showing up.  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/05/sports/baseball/boston-red-sox-stealing-signs-yankees.html

Red Sox caught again in 2019, a year after winning the World Series in 2018.  Hmm ... Really puts a taint on that World Series win and the sanctity of the game.  They're two time cheaters, which makes the Red Sox two times worse than the Astros. 

And it's not my team that's been called into question.  The Astros fired their manager and general manager, and all the Astros have admitted to the scheme in 2017.  They defended themselves against accusations in 2018 and 2019, which they were cleared of.  They've done their penance.

The team that is being called into question is the Yankees.  Who, if you don't remember, were accused of cheating before, by the ... Red Sox.  And let's face it, the Yankees and Yankees fans are just the worst.  Red Sox fans aren't far behind.  You might say that about Houston sports fans, but at least we're loyal. 

I'm trying to figure out how you become a Dallas Mavericks AND Boston Red Sox fan AND a Giannis simp.  Hell, at least you're not a Rangers fan or Cowboys fan. 

* Texans have won four out of the last five division titles and won two playoff games.  And good ol' BOB may not have any idea what he's doing out there as a football coach, but he's the first (only?) coach to pledge to take a knee with the players during the anthem.  He's a good person, if not exactly qualified to be a coach / GM.  Rockets in the James Harden Era have been to the playoffs eight straight years, went to two Western Conference Finals, and Harden won one MVP (should've had three more).  The James Harden Rockets have won more playoff series than the LA Clippers have in their entirety as a franchise.  And if you want to go back further, the Hakeem the Dream Rockets won two championships.

Okay without diving into most of what you said as to not start a fight that the mods will get pissed at both of us over I do have a question. How does someone that spends the majority of his posts talking up Luka Doncic, Kawhi Leonard, or The Mavs in general come across as a Giannis fan? 

The on topic statement you made that I most agree with is (most) Yankee fans are the worst. Yes they’ve got 27 World Titles, but only 5 in the last 30 years (a time period where the Red Sox have 4 themselves). So they’ve wasted multiple years of payroll just like my team has. 

24 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Schilling apparently got involved and now his account has disappeared.

"And nothing of value was lost..."

• Like 1

I don't feel like searching for it, but what is the reason that Bauer rubs people the wrong way? Dude is always outspoken against the bullshittery of MLB and some other things and I usually like his takes on that.

Does he have anything to do with a party that associates itself with the color red?

21 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

If you're feeling particularly masochistic, Aubrey Huff and Trevor Bauer are having  a Twitter slap fight today. 

If I want to read Tweedledum and Tweedledee, I have a nice edition of Through the Looking Glass; thanks.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

I don't feel like searching for it, but what is the reason that Bauer rubs people the wrong way? Dude is always outspoken against the bullshittery of MLB and some other things and I usually like his takes on that.

Does he have anything to do with a party that associates itself with the color red?

Bauer is generally douchey when not taking on MLB's dumbassery.  Some people are just not a fan of his political POV, which...we should leave alone here.  

This kinda goes into what a douche he can be on twitter.

He’s a big mouth with thin skin. After that harassing thing he threw a fit on Twitter about writers writing stories about it without talking to him, but then walked out of an interview as soon as a reporter asked him about it. The question was super innocuous to, something like “so you had an interesting week on Twitter” or something like that. 

3 minutes ago, elizium said:

He’s a big mouth with thin skin. After that harassing thing he threw a fit on Twitter about writers writing stories about it without talking to him, but then walked out of an interview as soon as a reporter asked him about it. The question was super innocuous to, something like “so you had an interesting week on Twitter” or something like that. 

That's hardly innocuous, in context it's far more along the lines of "Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, elizium said:

It’s vague enough to give him an opening to explain himself. Rather than “So about that 12 hour tweet storm you went on when someone said they weren’t a fan?”

Agreed, it is vague enough that anyone without a super-short fuse would see it as an opportunity to explain themself. However, we are talking about Bauer here.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2020 at 12:25 AM, Andy in Kansas said:

Whenever I have to open this thread, I give it a 1/3 chance it's because of Aubrey. 

I guess this remains kinda true.

Last week, Aubrey and Marcus Stroman were getting into it and were SJWing and Karening one another. Here's the important tweet from the dust-up that spun-off into further drama:

Turns out Randal Grichuk liked the tweet, which resulted in a slapfight today between Stro and Grich. I won't post all the tweets, but they include:

• Stro implying that Grich is a racist
  • Grich saying the story Huff told is known in the Jays system
  • Stro calling Grich an underachiever who talks shit behind his teammates back
  • Stro bringing up Grich pressing Tim Anderson about a bat flip (?)
  • Stro denying the weight room story
  • Grich wishing Stro have a good day, to which Stro responded by wishing Grich have a splendid day -- All very mature and cool and in no way backhanded

Alrighty then. 

If we get a Mets/Blue Jays WS(AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!), someone is getting thrown at.