DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-2-15

MGFanJay

If that's how you feel, how about not going in the first place?  At some point, you have to realize that your'e just punishing yourself.

That's true, but chances are these are people who bought tickets months ago. They had the expectation (and rightfully so) that this would be an exciting show only a few weeks from Wrestlemania. I doubt anyone bought a ticket to boo or not react to what was happening.

If the ticket holders to last nights show decided to just not show up as a sign of protest, the usual players would be criticizing them for ruining the show for them.

One big problem with the Roman dive is that it's done EVERY WEEK by the Usos, and done far better.

Yeah this is wrong, it was cool as fuck, as was his Goldberg clear out of everybody following. His promo opening the show on the other hand, the drizzles. I don't want to get locked into the whole ''Reigns isn't ready'' debate, but the fucker isn't ready. Keeping the stick away from him would be a good start.

I've watched thousands of hours worth of promos, I'd put Heyman's up there in the top 5, fuck it, top 3. Even the microphone shutting off actually added to the intensity. It's bizarre that they're so adamant on Reigns talking.

Far too much Rollins on this show, was sick of him by the Stewart segment. Wasn't sure whether Stewart calling Rollins on his inability to read was improvised or not (I don't think it was) but it was great on Stewart's part, he totally owned that whole segment.

and yeah Vince fucking hates Bryan, it's obvious now. Having Harper toss him around like Mike Bell was fucking silly, but now he's booked in a throw away ladder match too.. insanity, I'd rather have him win the Andre thing, just for my own peace of mind.

• Like 2

If that's how you feel, how about not going in the first place?  At some point, you have to realize that your'e just punishing yourself.

That's true, but chances are these are people who bought tickets months ago. They had the expectation (and rightfully so) that this would be an exciting show only a few weeks from Wrestlemania. I doubt anyone bought a ticket to boo or not react to what was happening.

If the ticket holders to last nights show decided to just not show up as a sign of protest, the usual players would be criticizing them for ruining the show for them.

I don't know.  If I felt that strongly about--um, the PRODUCE--being that bad, I simply wouldn't go.  Sell the tickets, even if it's for a loss.  I wouldn't feel compelled to go if I knew I didn't like was being offered.  If I got criticized by some meathead in a suit that I'll never meet for that, so be it.  But at least I wouldn't be miserable for over three hours of my life.

Fans are under no obligation whatsoever to behave in any pre-prescribed manner as long as they're not doing anything that poses a safety risk. If people reacting in a way other than what you deem acceptable ruins your enjoyment of the show, you need to get the fuck over yourself. You are not the cosmos.

• Like 16

Fans are under no obligation whatsoever to behave in any pre-prescribed manner as long as they're not doing anything that poses a safety risk. If people reacting in a way other than what you deem acceptable ruins your enjoyment of the show, you need to get the fuck over yourself. You are not the cosmos.

Devil's Advocate:  There's a difference between having expectations that are too rigid, and simply not wanting the person next to you to scream WHAT and CM PUNK in your ear for 180 minutes. 

WWE is like the NFL in that it's better to watch on TV to go live.  Neither environment is what I would call fan-friendly, based on what I've seen/read.

There's a nice medium in all this.  But neither side will admit it nor concede anything.

and yeah Vince fucking hates Bryan, it's obvious now. Having Harper toss him around like Mike Bell was fucking silly ...

Those two are old school indie (if there is such a thing). Dragon's like Regal in that he relishes mixing it up with like-minded guys. I'm willing to bet, much like the ROH Morishima matches, Bryan told him to lay it in.

And with that thought, I have my first doubt about him being a top guy.

What's so weird about the buildup to this years Mania is 3 of the 4 "main events" involve part timers on a comically limited date schedule.

It's one thing to not be around much in July. It's another thing to not even be around on the Raws leading up to the big show. How exactly are you expected to build an angle/intrigue when nobody shows up?

Reigns was face to face with Lesnar all of one time. He's in like a half-feud right now with Rollins just to give him something to do. 

HHH has to come out each week and basically by himself will the feud with Sting forward. Yes, his promos are long and fast forward worthy. But how much can you fault him? He has no one to play off of.

Wyatt just seems delusional at this point. Do we even know why he is feuding with Taker? Do we even know why Taker would want to answer his challenge? You would think Taker would want revenge against Lesnar. Why would he care about Wyatt?

• Like 1

Wyatt just seems delusional at this point. Do we even know why he is feuding with Taker? Do we even know why Taker would want to answer his challenge? You would think Taker would want revenge against Lesnar. Why would he care about Wyatt?

For real, Undertaker's "feuds" at WrestleMania have all been shit ever since he retired Shawn Michaels. Ohhhh Triple H comes out and interrupts his return and points to the WM sign so there's our match! And then we needed to run that match again because Shawn Michaels wrestled Undertaker twice in a row at Mania. Which was STILL better than CM Punk wrestling Undertaker at WrestleMania because he won a four way on Raw. Or Brock deciding he'd stop chasing the World Title shot he'd been after for months because "oh hey The Undertaker's music just hit"

What's so weird about the buildup to this years Mania is 3 of the 4 "main events" involve part timers on a comically limited date schedule.

It's one thing to not be around much in July. It's another thing to not even be around on the Raws leading up to the big show. How exactly are you expected to build an angle/intrigue when nobody shows up?

Reigns was face to face with Lesnar all of one time. He's in like a half-feud right now with Rollins just to give him something to do. 

HHH has to come out each week and basically by himself will the feud with Sting forward. Yes, his promos are long and fast forward worthy. But how much can you fault him? He has no one to play off of.

Yes we know why he is feuding with Taker. He wants to be the one to retire the Deadman. He has said as much in previous promos. Why would Taker want to answer the challenge? Because he's the motherfucking Undertaker and isn't going to let some punk bitch like Bray Wyatt talk a bunch of shit about him without getting a receipt.

Again, the best way for this feud to go is for Bray to think he's getting the Undertaker of the last few years, only to get to deal with a chew spitting, punk card dropping, motorcycle riding, hambone throwing son of a bitch.

• Like 1

Are we back to blaming fans for WWE putting on a product they don't like? Right now the Rollins/Stewart stuff is the only thing I find interesting heading into Mania. How are people supposed to get excited about a show where the 3 top matches feature 3 guys who don't even show up to promote their feuds, and 5 of the 6 people in the 3 headline matches won't even wrestling on Raws or house shows afterwards?

How is promoting a bunch of old part timers at the biggest show of the year supposed to make people excited to see the jobber mid carders the other 99% of the time?

People in this thread are saying Cena should be phased out or take a year off. I'm sure Reigns/Big Show will sell out arenas across the globe.

Stewart was about to bring up the briefcase belonging to Ambrose before Rollins cut him off. I wonder if they could have something interesting planned there or if it was just Stweart making too much sense for a normal WWE promo.

Are you guys living in an alternate universe? Since just before those HBK matches, the feuds with Undertaker have been about the streak and cementing your legacy by being the guy to end it. This time, it's Bray wanting to finish the job started by Lesnar. 

Are you guys living in an alternate universe? Since just before those HBK matches, the feuds with Undertaker have been about the streak and cementing your legacy by being the guy to end it. This time, it's Bray wanting to finish the job started by Lesnar. 

You are asking whether we live in an alternate universe for not being able to decipher a Bray Wyatt promo?

• Like 1

How does it make Bray look strong to say Taker is near the end and has one foot in the grave already? Won't that just make him look like shit losing to an old man with one foot in the grave? I didn't see the promo as all non Heyman promos are pretty much a channel changer to me, but I would hope Bray is building Taker up as something other than an old man ready to put out to pasture. Especially since he'll be jobbing anyway.

Reigns was inoffensive enough other than the usual poorly scripted promos that aren't his fault, but he really, really, really needs to stop fucking smiling.

It would be great if he were a swarmy heel. But for your A-Typical lone wolf action hero type the WWE wants him to be not so much.

How does it make Bray look strong to say Taker is near the end and has one foot in the grave already? Won't that just make him look like shit losing to an old man with one foot in the grave? I didn't see the promo as all non Heyman promos are pretty much a channel changer to me, but I would hope Bray is building Taker up as something other than an old man ready to put out to pasture. Especially since he'll be jobbing anyway.

Erm... because he's the Goddamn Undertaker? And because we all know Undertaker a tough undead sumbitch?

Reigns was inoffensive enough other than the usual poorly scripted promos that aren't his fault, but he really, really, really needs to stop fucking smiling.

It would be great if he were a swarmy heel. But for your A-Typical lone wolf action hero type the WWE wants him to be not so much.

Yes because then Phantom Lord could cheer for him. Cheer...for the....heel.....??