DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-2-15

MGFanJay

So John Cena and Rusev are only fighting at WrestleMania because that's the only way Cena can get on the card?

Okaaaay.

I love Stephanie now playing a key part in this story, because of course she should.

Man, y'all are some jaded folks.  I watched the bulk of this show (Missed Triple H-Booker, most of the main, and Heyman's promo) and I thought the show was a helluva lot of fun.

The R-Truth stuff in the IC title is hilarious.  Like him telling Cole that he's not afraid of spiders.

The Stephanie-Cena stuff was borderline uncomfortable to watch with the crowd just burying Cena and agreeing with Stephanie, then her playing off of it.  I really half-expected Cena to just quit right there on Raw: "Nah, you know what, fuck it, I've destroyed my body for you guys and you agree with Stephanie as she buries the WWF/E roster?!  Screw you guys, I'm going home."  Presumably Cena does something to threaten to desecrate the Russian flag or Rusev's medal and he agrees to the match.

How awesome has Curtis Axel been in this new role?  It reminds me of Sandow languishing in his various roles before landing the Mizdow gimmick and running with it.

Harper-Bryan was awesome and brutal.

The Jon Stewart stuff was incredible.  I love the fact that the only way he gets the upper hand is by cheating.  But I love the most about it, is you can tell Stewart is just having an absolute ball.  The Jay Leno stuff in WCW came across like Leno collecting a payday because wrestling was popular and it was something low-impact.  The Stewart stuff you can tell is because he's absolutely a fan.

• Like 1

In all the history of guest stars and celebrity general managers and such, has any non-wrestling person cut a better promo than Stewart did tonight? If Heyman doesn't go out and kill it even by his (ridiculously high) standards, it's the best promo on the show.

• Like 1

The Stephanie-Cena stuff was borderline uncomfortable to watch with the crowd just burying Cena and agreeing with Stephanie, then her playing off of it. I really half-expected Cena to just quit right there on Raw: "Nah, you know what, fuck it, I've destroyed my body for you guys and you agree with Stephanie as she buries the WWF/E roster?! Screw you guys, I'm going home." Presumably Cena does something to threaten to desecrate the Russian flag or Rusev's medal and he agrees to the match.

Personally, since Stephanie decided to interject herself into it for no real reason, I'd just have Cena go complete scorched earth on the Authority to the point where Seth has no backup and Randy finally goes after him and Cena basically forces Steph to make Rusev say yes to get him out of their hair.

I can't stand Cena and would be extremely happy if he took a year or two "Thunder in Paradise" style sabbatical so we get a breather from him. And yeah, I realize this was a smarky Jersey crowd. That being said...

Steph telling Cena, "Our Mania card will be fine without you" while the crowd YES! YES! YES!'s ecstatically in the background was some cold-hearted shit. I actually started to feel bad for him.

Jon Stewart cut a better promo & had better on screen presence then the majority of the WWE roster. When that's the case, something needs re-addressing. I'd actually like to Stewart stick around in some capacity, maybe as Raw GM to go up against the Authority. The Divas had a longer match, but it was like #We'llGiveDivasAChance(butonlyduringthecommercialbreak). They had to bring up the belt in the bin incident :rolleyes: , I mean Vince & co must have forgiven Medusa for it, so why not gloss over it and show more highlights of Medusa in WCW & WWE etc. Liked the Mizdow stuff, I think if they push him right, he could be a breakout star as the fans are getting behind him. Although he's kinda filling the comedy (Santino) role. I think Cena needs some time off and they re-package him or something as he's in the Hulk in WCW role where the fans are like indifferent to him. If they turned him heel then you're losing the younger audience & the anti-Cena brigade would crap all over it anyway, so they have a catch-22 situation with John Cena. Maybe they need to give Cena some more edge to him, but he hasn't been doing his LOLzy promo's recently so I think he's someone that the fans will either like or hate regardless of whether he was a face, tweener or a heel. Paul E's promo was also good and even if Brock does go back to UFC they should try and keep Heyman around, maybe have a new Dangerous Alliance. Overall, Raw was fun this week and like when they've had guest stars in the past when it's dragged or fell flat, yesterday Jon Stewart hit it out of the park. 

Jon Stewart cut a better promo & had better on screen presence then the majority of the WWE roster. When that's the case, something needs re-addressing.

He's been on a major comedy show for 17 years and was a stand-up comic for 20 or so years, of course he's a better promo/has more presence

• Like 4

I got a terrible feeling during Raw that John Cena will get his match with Rusev by cornering Lana in the ring and threatening violence until Rusev caves. I really hope that isn't what happens, but it sure seems like that's a road they'd go down and try to convince us that Rusev drove Cena in to doing something that desperate.

I got a terrible feeling during Raw that John Cena will get his match with Rusev by cornering Lana in the ring and threatening violence until Rusev caves. I really hope that isn't what happens, but it sure seems like that's a road they'd go down and try to convince us that Rusev drove Cena in to doing something that desperate.

I figure it will be attacking the Russian Federation flag since it's not a coincidence that it continues to deploy while Cena's in the ring

I'm guessing Cena puts his career on the line, which leads to his retirement, which lasts one week, until Dolph and Rowan beat Rollins, Big Show, Kane, J and J, Orton and Rusev  in a match on Smackdown which gives Cena "one more match" to win back his career, which he wins clean ending Rusev's streak.

Or maybe Juan Cena returns.

I'm guessing Cena puts his career on the line, which leads to his retirement, which lasts one week, until Dolph and Rowan beat Rollins, Big Show, Kane, J and J, Orton and Rusev  in a match on Smackdown which gives Cena "one more match" to win back his career, which he wins clean ending Rusev's streak.

Or maybe Juan Cena returns.

I'm ready for Cena to enter the attraction phase of his career, especially if it means stealing a page from Bob Armstrong and finishing the rest of his career as the babyface under a mask whose identity everyone knows. The Bullet made it work, I believe in Juan Cena. I can put a compilation together of The Bullet entrances and him dancing to Bad to the Bone for Cena to understand the nuance of the character shift.

• Like 1

I understand the logic of continuing to go someplace that pays money to tell you suck ass. I get it, you already got those fucking idiots' money. But tap dancing Jebus H Chris on a cracker, wrestling fans are the worst. It really doesn't help they were in Jersey.

Vince isn't going to kill the business like said fucking idiots are proclaiming. It's jackasses that ruin the shows for the rest of us. Just fucking leave if you're bored as shit. I don't care how much Adderall or Ritalin that gets needllessly pumped into people, use your fucking heads.

• Like 7

I want a comp tape....DVD, torrent, whatever....of nothing but Heyman promos.

Wasn't that what the extras were on the WWE Heyman DVD

Pretty sure there have been a multitude of great ones since then. I mean, Jesus, I have about a half dozen tapes that are nothing but Flair promos from the 80's, and as much as I hate to admit it...because I'm a Flair guy...Paul E. is at an entirely different level.

I understand the logic of continuing to go someplace that pays money to tell you suck ass. I get it, you already got those fucking idiots' money. But tap dancing Jebus H Chris on a cracker, wrestling fans are the worst. It really doesn't help they were in Jersey.

Vince isn't going to kill the business like said fucking idiots are proclaiming. It's jackasses that ruin the shows for the rest of us. Just fucking leave if you're bored as shit. I don't care how much Adderall or Ritalin that gets needllessly pumped into people, use your fucking heads.

What would happen for you to be disgusted with the product and apathetic? What if one of your all time favorites returned after a long absence? What if this guy quickly picked up the IC strap and it looked like he was in line for the big push he always deserved. Then he dropped a fall to Sin Cara. Then he dropped a fall to R-Truth. Next thing you know random people are just walking off with his title.  This guy has inexplicably become one of the biggest jokes on the roster for no reason.

If you are in the crowd, do you cheer just because? Or do you sit on your hands?

What would happen for you to be disgusted with stuffing instead of potatoes and apathetic? What if one of your all time favorites returned after a long absence? What if this guy quickly picked up the IC strap and it looked like he was in line for the big push he always deserved. Then he dropped a fall to Sin Cara. Then he dropped a fall to R-Truth. Next thing you know random people are just walking off with his title. This guy has inexplicably become one of the biggest jokes on the roster for no reason.

If you are in the crowd, do you cheer just because? Or do you sit on your hands?

I don't buy a ticket to something if it makes me angry to watch it?

• Like 4

One big problem with the Roman dive is that it's done EVERY WEEK by the Usos, and done far better.

Disagree with this. Did you see how much Roman cleared the top rope by? That shit looked awesome. One of the Usos needed his yak to pull down the top rope to do that move last week.

• Like 5

What would happen for you to be disgusted with stuffing instead of potatoes and apathetic? What if one of your all time favorites returned after a long absence? What if this guy quickly picked up the IC strap and it looked like he was in line for the big push he always deserved. Then he dropped a fall to Sin Cara. Then he dropped a fall to R-Truth. Next thing you know random people are just walking off with his title. This guy has inexplicably become one of the biggest jokes on the roster for no reason.

If you are talking about Barrett, I don't watch when I don't have interest in what he is doing. I can think of other shit to do besides be bored.

I barely watch the shows now because I have no interest in much. But to tune in and see 10,000 jackasses agree with a woman who does nothing but bury the shit out of talent on air is just mind numbingly fucking stupid. What makes it worst is that if it was Thou Lord an Savior Bryan Danielson instead of John Cena in there, I promise ya the reaction would be different.

Ruining a show you don't enjoy without any regard for the people who might want to just watch the damn show because they want to is fucking horrible. Raw comes on Monday. Don't these assholes have something better do?

• Like 1