DVDVR Message Board

Dolfan in NYC

Guest The Magnificent 7

I wouldn't have been upset at all if Indiana didn't make it.  Played like dogshit the latter half of conference season.  I would have been bewildered, though, if they didn't make it and UCLA or Texas had.  Colorado St. got screwed I thought. 

Notre Dame getting a 3 seed were hosed after winning the ACC. 

Indiana can beat some teams if the 3's are falling.  The cynical part of me, though, is kind of hoping Wichita waxes us, we fire Crean and back the Brinks truck up to Wichita after the tournament for Marschall.  I've got major Crean fatigue.

When I said Wyoming was going to knock someone out of the tournament, I was hoping it was one of the lower-ranked P5 guys, and not a deserving team from their own conference.

UCLA did not belong over CSU. Texas/Indiana/Mississippi were tossups for me against CSU. Dayton and BYU both really got shafted by getting stuck in the play-in games.

UNI is going to play with a chip on their shoulder.  I have a feeling they're gonna go deep.

Possible Iowa State/Iowa matchup in the Sweet 16, but Iowa won't get there.  Even if they get past Davidson, Gonzaga will bounce them.

Iowa State needs to stop spotting teams big leads or they won't get there either.  Fall behind UAB or SMU early and there might not be enough luck left in that horseshoe to make it up...

When I said Wyoming was going to knock someone out of the tournament, I was hoping it was one of the lower-ranked P5 guys, and not a deserving team from their own conference.

UCLA did not belong over CSU. Texas/Indiana/Mississippi were tossups for me against CSU. Dayton and BYU both really got shafted by getting stuck in the play-in games.

Being fair- even if Dayton was in the play-in game and apparently was the last team in, they got about as "non-shafted" as they possibly could.

As a First Four team, that means Dayton automatically gets another home game, for one. Then, if they win, they get to both play in Columbus, in state- and get to play against Providence. Even if the Friars are a good team with Sweet 16 or Elite 8 potential- but, since joining the Atlantic 10, Dayton has made a cottage industry out of running their layup lines with what comes out after they utterly rip the hearts out of every college basketball fan in the state of Rhode Island- meaning there is no way Dayton will lose that game.

Dayton's RPI was 29. They don't belong anywhere near the fucking play-in games. The selection committee done fucked up quite a few things this year, between seedings  (Wichita at a 7, SMU at a 6), and the teams who actually got left out (Colorado State and Temple).

• Like 1

Of course the grand irony of talking about Dayton being "non-shafted" is that the committee said that they were the last team in and if UCONN had won - they were the team that was gone.

Sure glad UCLA met the "eye test"

Poor poor William & Mary

St. Francis (NY) has its chance tonight to get off the list of original Division I teams to never make the tournament

Meanwhile MY HAMPTON PIRATES ARE GOING TO THE FUCKING DANCE~!  I managed to score tickets for the semi finals and the championship game.

And if we manage to win our first game our second game will be against Kentucky.  I fucking hate college basketball.

My girlfriend is a graduate of Norfolk State.  Wagers were made on who would win the semi-final of HU vs. NSU.  I won, she lost.  Lets just say that Friday night was really really really interesting.

Oh, and RUN VCU~!

• Like 1

Of course the grand irony of talking about Dayton being "non-shafted" is that the committee said that they were the last team in and if UCONN had won - they were the team that was gone.

Sure glad UCLA met the "eye test"

mr-magoo-post-21.jpg

Looking at the brackets, there's no reason why ND can't make it to the Sweet 16...

...so of course they'll lose in the first round.

It's awesome they won the ACC for the first time in school history, but they need to start winning in the big tournament. 

The great shaft of 2015 awaits us in tonight's women's selection! The Top 16 seeds host the first and second round games. Princeton is 30-0, has won every game by double digits except for one. Last I saw their RPI was 10. They beat a lot of good teams OOC but the Ivy women's league is hot garbage, so their SOS sunk. Guaranteed they're a 5 seed.

Princeton women go 30-0. They win every game but one by double digits. Their RPI is 15. Sagarin rating is 7.

They get... An 8 seed!!! WTF? If they beat Green Bay, they will play number one Maryland in College Park!

The NCAA is the worst!!!

I just watched the 30 for 30 "Requiem for the Big East" which was fucking rad. Have you seen that one? They're all on Netflix, even the second most recent one on the USSR team from the Miracle on Ice.