DVDVR Message Board

Shows/Matches you wish were on DVD/Blu Ray

As the title says, what are matches/shows in the WWE library that you wish they'd put out on home video?

- Starrcade 83-88, complete and uncut

- Midnight Express vs. Barry Windham/Ron Garvin, U.S. tag titles tournament finals

- The Big Event

- The Big Event 96 (Shawn vs. Goldust ladder match)

- Jim Crockett Promotions debut in at the Meadowlands with War Games III (Tully/Arn/Midnights vs. Dusty/Nikita/Rock N Rolls) from November 87

- All of the David Von Erich Parade of Champions, complete and uncut

- All of the World Class Star Wars shows, complete and uncut

- A Rick Rude retrospective

- Cactus Jack vs. Vader Texas Death Match, Halloween Havoc 93

- AWA Super Clash 1, 2, & 3 complete and uncut

- AWA Wrestle Rock

- Nikita Koloff wins match 7 and the U.S. title against Magnum T.A. (David Crockett's greatest performance?)

- The following Great American Bash 87 shows, complete and uncut

- Atlanta with War Games I and Midnights vs. Rock n Roll title vs. title

- Greensboro with Luger winning the U.S. title and Flair vs. Jimmy Garvin steel cage

- Superstars on the Super Station

- Supertowns on the Super Station

- The history of the United States tag titles (every televised title change from 1986-1992)

- Great American Bash 85 (Charlotte Stadium show) complete and uncut

- Crockett Cup 86, 87, 88 complete and uncut

- "What The Hell Were They Thinking: The Most Politically Incorrect Angles/Skits in Wrestling History"

- Saba Simba

- One Man Gang becomes Akeem

- Tim Horner brings out a young girl and claims that she was Kevin Sullivan's neighbor and implies that Sullivan sexually molested her, Sullivan comes out and slaps the girl

- The Gangstas party with the SMW tag titles in the Atlanta ghetto

- Dusty Rhodes has a reunion with a young girl who was "like a daughter to him," Kevin Sullivan comes out and throws ink in her eyes

- Terry Funk smothers Ric Flair with a plastic bag

- Woman canes Mikey Whipwreck in Florida

- Dirty White Girl claims that her husband beat her up and gave her a black eye, when Tom Pritchard tried to help, Dirty White Boy attacks him and DWG laughs and claims the whole thing was a set-up

- Clips of Bobby Heenan commenting during the Virgil vs. Ted Dibiase match from SummerSlam 91: saying he hoped Virgil didn't put a down payment on a boombox, and then saying that if Virgil won the Million Dollar belt he would chrome it and hang it from his rearview mirror

- Teddy Long engages in some Uncle Tomfoolery as he scopes out Ric Flair's limo and yacht, and then Flair makes Long wear a chauffeur uniform in retaliation.

Based on the AWA and World Class documentaries I watched on Netflix.  I'd be interested in learning about the rise and fall of just about every defunct wrestling organization over the years.  I didn't witness the Von Erich/Freebird fued, but watching the highlights on the DVD made me understand 100% why it is so fondly remembered.  Michael P.S. Hayes was a fucking heat machine, and I felt a kind of nostalgia watching it despite not seeing it as it happened. 

I'd love to see the same type of documentary about the early days of New Japan and All Japan until the Noah split.

I'd love to see the same type of documentary about the early days of New Japan and All Japan until the Noah split.

I was just thinking about how interesting a book or documentary about the Japanese wrestling promotions would be.  The story of Rikidozan is somewhat well-known, but aside from Baba/Inoki being his students and then starting their own promotions, there isn't much on the subject after him. 

I know because of the yakuza involvement with the business, and with there still a sense of sport/kayfabe about wrestling there, it probably would never happen.  Hell, I would enjoy an in-depth bio of Inoki or Baba - even if translated. 

I wish there was some more official releases from Japan. A lot of it is online but having it neatly put together on dvd would be nice.

I really want a Best of Velocity. That show got me into wrestling more than Raw or Smackdown ever did.

I said it on the old board but a documentary on the Tommy Dreamer - Raven feud would be really cool

I'd actually like to see a Scotty Levi documentary in general.  The psychology behind the Raven - Sandman feud was mind blowing and the interview with Levi in the Forever Hardcore documenatary barely scratches the surface of the stories that guy has.

Jim Crockett Promotions debut in at the Meadowlands with War Games III (Tully/Arn/Midnights vs. Dusty/Nikita/Rock N Rolls) from November 87

Is this available anywhere?

My bad, it was actually the debut at the Nassau Coliseum and involved Tully/Arn/Big Bubba/Midnights vs. Dusty/Ron Garvin/Barry Windham/Rock N Rolls.

Still, I want to see that just because it was totally different from Horsemen vs. Road Warriors/Nikita/Dusty