DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2015 PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

Sting looks great for a 55 year old wrestler. Hoping his match with HHH is good. 

Also on the Bret Hart matches; he was pretty great big match wrestler. I loved the Piper match. The Owen and two Austin matches(WM & SS) are probably in my top 20 matches of all time.

• Like 1

RE: Sting spotted at the airport. I worked at the Air Canada Centre back in 99...and on the day of that first Nitro in Toronto, I got myself backstage with my employee pass, and "worked"/met the wrestlers. Ccoolest moment...bumping into Sting (who was off tv for a while) and asking, "Stinger, are you back tonight??" He said yes. Got a picture too...on an old disposable Kodak camera I had with me. And that night, at the show...Sting reappears in the rafters of the ACC. Just wanted to share...goodtimes!

• Like 2

tumblr_nldonzMjMQ1sg99p0o1_540.png

Happy St. Patrick's Day, ya filthy animals.

So when my brother was little, he had this ex-friend whose dad kinda looked like a middle-aged and schlubby Fit Finlay.  So when we rented WCW/NWO Revenge from the video store, we thought it would be hilarious to rename Fit Finlay with that kid's dad's name, then put him in jeans and a t-shirt, then totally forgot to fix it when we returned it.  As my brother's former friend was a huge video game and wrestling fan, to this day, we wonder if he ever rented it and went "Dad, why are you in my wrestling video game?"

• Like 2

tumblr_nldonzMjMQ1sg99p0o1_540.png

Happy St. Patrick's Day, ya filthy animals.

So when my brother was little, he had this ex-friend whose dad kinda looked like a middle-aged and schlubby Fit Finlay.  So when we rented WCW/NWO Revenge from the video store, we thought it would be hilarious to rename Fit Finlay with that kid's dad's name, then put him in jeans and a t-shirt, then totally forgot to fix it when we returned it.  As my brother's former friend was a huge video game and wrestling fan, to this day, we wonder if he ever rented it and went "Dad, why are you in my wrestling video game?"

When my dad bought me WCW/nWo Revenge, he turned Scotty Riggs into himself.

My dad looks nothing like him. 

• Like 2

Did he give people the clap though?

He'd have had to bought ECW Anarchy Rulz for that.

'Anarchy Rulz' was such a great game for all the wrong reasons.  It was using that awful WWF Attitude engine that was so out of date already; it had the barbed wire match where you could whip your opponent into the barb wire and Joey Styles would go "Eww" on commentary; and if you didn't turn off the censoring, Roadkill would come to the ring, flex and shout "CLOWNS!" instead of "Chickens!"

• Like 3

'Anarchy Rulz' was such a great game for all the wrong reasons.  It was using that awful WWF Attitude engine that was so out of date already; it had the barbed wire match where you could whip your opponent into the barb wire and Joey Styles would go "Eww" on commentary; and if you didn't turn off the censoring, Roadkill would come to the ring, flex and shout "CLOWNS!" instead of "Chickens!"

I never played Anarchy Rulz.  Is there some reason "Chicken" required censoring?