DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2015 PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

I totally forgot until looking for an image for this month that the PWI year in review was always the March issue

So I found the cover that always made me laugh

Pro_Wrestling_Illustrated_-_March_1989.g

Everyone else in their wrestling gear. Madusa in an insanely tiny bikini for 1988

I totally forgot until looking for an image for this month that the PWI year in review was always the March issue

So I found the cover that always made me laugh

Pro_Wrestling_Illustrated_-_March_1989.g

Everyone else in their wrestling gear. Madusa in an insanely tiny bikini for 1988

Better her than Animal and Hawk tbh

Okay everyone just ignore that Hogan is wearing the fist helmet, why don't you

Or Lawler with a giant crown. Or a guy named Macho Man in a ridiculous bandana. Or Sting in tassles. Everything about that cover screams PRO WRESTLING.

He should wear the suit next time he's on Raw. You know, he's there with Heyman, Roman comes out and they're doing the dueling promo thing until Reigns crosses the line then Paul proclaims "that's it! Get em Knuckles!"

And of course he replies Daaah OK boss!

• Like 3

Brock looks like the muscle for a dfepression era gangster

He looks like Nelson Van Alden from Boardwalk Empire at age 60.
I was thinking Schlitz's salesman of the year, 1964.
  • Like 7

Yeah, that was FMW.  Onita & Goto were wrestling Sabu & The Sheik in a fire match, but the fire got out of control after a few minutes and they all had to bail out of the ring.  I think Sheik got burned pretty badly.

Yeah, that was FMW.  Onita & Goto were wrestling Sabu & The Sheik in a fire match, but the fire got out of control after a few minutes and they all had to bail out of the ring.  I think Sheik got burned pretty badly.

I remember seeing those pics in one of the wrestling magazines way back then. To this day even watching the video it amazes me no one died.

I remember seeing those pics in one of the wrestling magazines way back then. To this day even watching the video it amazes me no one died.

I remembered seeing that pic and reading about the match in a magazine, then years later got a comp tape with that match on it.  Here's the full thing -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbhHGOT5WC8

Speaking of absurd fire matches from that era-

jadovskanemura21400.jpg