DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I am kinda surprised that there wasn't more of a movement for Bo Dallas to be in this year's March Madness. His work in NXT from March up until he left is absolute wrestling gold. Sure, his wrestling needs a bit more work..but he has everything else down as far as being an excellent comedy guy. Some of his main roster stuff was pretty great. It's too bad he got injured when he did. I doubt he would've done much on the main roster, but I am sure he would've found a way to get back into NXT eventually.

I am just watching the NXT stuff for the first time, so I might be overstating his awesomeness a tad.

Early match listing for the Lawler DVD coming out in a couple months according to PWMania:

* Lawler vs. Terry Funk, Empty Arena Match, Memphis Wrestling 4/25/1981
* Lawler vs. Eddie Gilbert, Pro Wrestling USA 10/20/1984
* Lawler vs. Curt Hennig, AWA 3/12/1988
* Lawler vs. Kerry Von Erich, AWA-WCCW Unification Match, 9/24/1988
* Lawler vs. The Undertaker, Casket Match, WWE Live Event 9/28/1994
* Lawler & Nova vs. John Cena & Sean O’Haire, OVW 6/28/2002
* Lawler vs. The Miz, TLC WWE Title Match, RAW 11/29/2010
* Lawler vs. Michael Cole, WrestleMania 27
* After RAW Birthday Celebration, 11/29/2010

Except for the Pro Wrestling USA match this is a horrible list.    Have to think they are including some Bret matches in it

* Lawler & Nova vs. John Cena & Sean O’Haire, OVW 6/28/2002

This is almost WAR-like in randomness.

Any word if that new Jericho dvd is any good?  Apparently he tells stories in between matches, though I'm wondering how sanitized they'll be.

I just realized that Sheamus still hasn't come back yet, and I gather that means there's a 99.9% chance that he comes back for the battle royale and wins it.

I was thinking the same thing last night. 

That Funk/Lawler empty arena match is ultra-brilliant. So many amazing little touches to take it over the top, not the least of it being Lance Russel's work. The match vs. KVE should be mandatory viewing on how to get your opponent over despite him sabotaging the whole match. All the Lawler/Hennig matches had great heat. The King really was an example of someone who had learned his craft well and understood the crowd. Watch any of his matches with a worker and they can point out all the things JL does that add to the match/angle/heat/story/psychology. 

Anyway, I had heard that WWE was seeking out the scattered Mempho master tapes and was even giving out C&Ds on YouTubes. Maybe this will be the debut. And there's gotta be some Bret stuff in there - his last great heel run!And thee Austin Idol cage hair match, ooohhh...

Cheesy, Queezy and Sleazy,

RAF

p.s. - please Vishnu, let there be some of those music and intro videos on there too, thank you.

Yeah I really don't see the hate for the Kerry or Terry matches. Terry's worth it for "There's nobody even here... YOU JACKASS!" and Kerry's worth it because it's a bloodbath and Jerry somehow manages to drag him through the thing as a serious heel. Lawler is a guy that can carry a match on charisma and punches alone so even if we don't get the Loser Leaves Town match with Dundee or anything, it'll still be a better playlist than some of their other guys have got on DVD.

I've never seen either. I'm gonna have to track down some tape. On an unrelated side note, if I ever knock up a girl and she's full of triplets, it's Kerry, Terry, and Jerry all the way

You have quite a way with words.

• Like 4

Oh man, indy wrestling coming to town in April featuring Jeff Jarrett.  I messaged my brother, who wasn't watched wrestling regularly, really at all, in over ten years and told him about it.  His reply: "Wait Jeff Jarrett? Like slap nuts?"  Needless to say we are 100% going now.

• Like 5

Here's the Empty Arena Match. I looked for the Super Clash III match and it might be on Youtube but neither of the files I looked at appeared to be it. I'm guessing that's the Super Clash match, anyway (the one where Kerry blades his arm on accident). 

• Like 1