DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Cesaro and Sara are dating???

I could be wrong, but I think they have been dating since they were in Chikara. I remember someone talking on commentary about Sara and Allison Danger (a tag team) were dating Ares and Claudio (also a tag team).

Was Rey Mysterio ever a heel in the WWE?  I don't think he ever turned, which is remarkable in the tv "everyone turns once a year" era.  

Only if the 2014 Royal Rumble counts. :)

• Like 1

Was Rey Mysterio ever a heel in the WWE?  I don't think he ever turned, which is remarkable in the tv "everyone turns once a year" era.  

Only if the 2014 Royal Rumble counts. :)

Did he work the Rumble match as a heel? Cause that would've been awesome. Rey and Batista team to eliminate everyone, Rey flips the fans off as Batista gingerly picks up Rey places him over the top rope on the apron and Mysterio jumps down to the floor giving the win to Big Dave

Cesaro and Sara are dating???

I could be wrong, but I think they have been dating since they were in Chikara. I remember someone talking on commentary about Sara and Allison Danger (a tag team) were dating Ares and Claudio (also a tag team).

And Allison/Cathy Corino is now married and has kids with Ares.

Random WWE thought, but does the last 10 or so years of WWE wrestling all kind of blur together in anyone else's mind?

What I mean is, I've been watching a lot of early 90s stuff on the Network, and it occurred to me that I can easily flash back to just about any year in the 90s and recall exactly what was going on in wrestling at that time (who was on top, what the main events of the big shows were, who the top guys were in general, for both WWF and WCW).  1990 WWF feels so much different from 1995 WWF, which is so vastly different from 2000 WWF that it's not difficult at all to differentiate.

I feel like around 2005 is where things start getting a little muddled in my brain. It's hard for me to really think back and go "Oh yeah, that's what happened in (insert year)" aside from 2014 being the Daniel Bryan year, and I guess 2011 because of The Rock being back.

• Like 7

Random WWE thought, but does the last 10 or so years of WWE wrestling all kind of blur together in anyone else's mind?

What I mean is, I've been watching a lot of early 90s stuff on the Network, and it occurred to me that I can easily flash back to just about any year in the 90s and recall exactly what was going on in wrestling at that time (who was on top, what the main events of the big shows were, who the top guys were in general, for both WWF and WCW).  1990 WWF feels so much different from 1995 WWF, which is so vastly different from 2000 WWF that it's not difficult at all to differentiate.

I feel like around 2005 is where things start getting a little muddled in my brain. It's hard for me to really think back and go "Oh yeah, that's what happened in (insert year)" aside from 2014 being the Daniel Bryan year, and I guess 2011 because of The Rock being back.

It's definitely not just you.  I can't tell you anything that happened after about 2007 or so, even though I watched most of it.

• Like 1

I think this a lot when I watch WWE stuff. One documentary on the network showed a clip during Punk's year long reign and I honestly couldn't tell you what else was going on around that time or even what year it took place over without looking it up.

2014 is the only standout year to me in recent times because of Daniel Bryan, Shield and Wyatts.

• Like 1

I imagine it's different for kids.

Yeah, I was just going to say that maybe it's not WWE; maybe it's just that as a kid, I paid way closer attention to dates and stuff.

Heck, I can still tell you kayfabe heights and weights (Razor Ramon: 6'7, 287; Undertaker: 6'10 1/2, 328) that for whatever reason, I remembered as a kid, but no way I could do that now. It's just one of those "heightened awareness" things from being young.

Man, The Bushwhackers were still with the WWF well into 1996.  I kind of wonder how they would've done as The Sheepherders in WCW except I know damn well they would've been brought in as the same goofy babyfaces and ended up doing cotton candy brawls with The Nasty Boys.

Cruiserweight Koko B. Ware is another one of my favorite Hogan's gonna bring all his WWF buddies to WCW what-ifs.  I think Memphis heel Koko could've been tremendous but I'm sure we would've just ended up with happy arm-flapping Koko dancing with Alex Wright instead.

People are disappointed about not getting Lesnar vs. Bryan.  I'm disappointed we're probably never getting Lesnar vs. Sheamus.  Reigns first major post-WrestleMania, post-Big Show program should be with heel Sheamus.

I think WWE has left a lot of money on the table but after hearing a bunch of different WrestleMania fantasy booking scenarios; they could be doing a lot worse.  Not a single person suggested that Bunkhouse Buck hogtie Seth Rollins and steal his MITB case and during the main event Meng runs out and gives Reigns the Tongan Death Grip while The Colonel gets Madusa to run over Brock with her monster truck and Buck cashes in to win the WHC.

• Like 2