DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Wait...why can't their profession and love be the most important thing in the world to them?

I bet people like Lance Storm, Booker T or HBK love wrestling every bit as much as DeMott or JBL do.

But they aren't beating the shit out of people every day at their wrestling schools and calling it a "learning experience." 

• Like 1

Here's a trick question for everyone:

What was the last legit "perfect" match you saw? Like there was not a damn thing you could find wrong with it from the entrances to any extra shit that went on before and after the bell to the ending to who won.

People psychoanalyzing people they've never met through anecdotal evidence.

Can't we just talk about back slides and drop kicks?

Or the stuff that really matters.

You know, punches and missile dropkicks.

Missile dropkicks are so 2013.  This is the year of double foot stomps.

Curses!  Out of the loop again.

What was the last legit "perfect" match you saw? Like there was not a damn thing you could find wrong with it from the entrances to any extra shit that went on before and after the bell to the ending to who won.

Sami Zayn vs Adrian Neville at the December NXT PPV, I would say. Maybe I overrate it a little because I was in a bit of a wrestling funk (and still am, unfortunately) but that match was exactly what the doctor ordered at that time.

People psychoanalyzing people they've never met through anecdotal evidence.

Can't we just talk about back slides and drop kicks?

Or the stuff that really matters.

You know, punches and missile dropkicks.

It's 2005 again?

Nothing, but I'm nitpicky and don't believe in perfection in general.

Nothing, but I'm nitpicky and don't believe in perfection in general.

CurtHennig1_zpse0648134.jpg

• Like 4

It's 2005 again?

Might be a cyclical thing.  Like the Chinese zodiac.

Well, the internet IS bitching that Vince has fucking lost it because the E is behind isn't the guy the internet is behind. Then there's the promotion that's been around for a few years getting all the love because "it ain't Raw."

I'd have to watch it again (for the 100th time) but Hart/Austin at WM13 seemed to work perfectly, especially for such a tricky concept.

Recently I'd go with CM Punk winning the title at Money in the Bank. I'm a huge Punk fan so I guess I'm biased but that match worked on every level for me. As far as the perfect piece of pro wrestling, I'd go with Flair/Savage from WM8. Great angle, awesome match and untouchable shenanigans and post-match promos from both parties.

• Like 1

I know this will get rolled eyes from the growing number of "NXT is overrated" folks, but Zayn/Neville where Zayn won the belt is the last "perfect match" I have seen. Zayn had a chance to cheat and win the gold, and he resisted it. He got knocked down again and again and had every reason to take the shortcut, especially since Neville had done the same thing, especially since his career was on the line, but he didn't, and he won. He overcame temptation and listened to the better angels of his, and our, nature, and he came out victorious.

In a world where the good guy almost never wins and where entertainment often focuses on antiheroes rather than pure heroes, it was really nice to see a guy who was a good guy win by maintaining purity of heart and deed and doing things the right way.

• Like 6