DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

He left before the tattoo was done to get some more yogurt.

During the SNL marathon on VH1 Classic, they had a Weekend Update where Kevin Nealon did a pretty good TCBY joke. The early 90's.

So now that Albert is trainer, are the WWE going to watch him like a hawk for a while just to give the illusion that they care?

Max Landis (filmmaker) has a lot of friends in NXT and was on twitter saying the reaction from people in developmental after the news deMott was gone broke was similar to the jubilation and relief when the Navy Seals finally got Bin Laden.

So Max Landis was Rovert all along.

• Like 1

I love how the person WWE set up to investigate the allegations against Bill DeMott was, in fact, Bill Demott.

Reminds me of Putin putting himself in charge of investigating the mysterious murders of, um, all his political foes. 

"It's OK, you guys. I investigated myself and found I am 100% innocent!"

• Like 1

Storm has importance and status? I am just learning all kinds of shit today.

He was a bigger star than Demott ever was, at least.

I don't really think that is true. Certainly not by much, shit they feuded on equal terms in WCW.

• Like 1

I don't get this whole "he's like a drill sergeant" point from DeMott's supporters to justify his nastiness.

Drill Sergeant: training people for life or death situations where one mistake means they could get blown up, maimed or shot to death.

Demott: training guys for the world of fake fighting in their underwear.
  • Like 3

I remember being pissed when DeMott debuted in WWE because the very first thing he did was squash Jamie Noble and Nunzio, right after Nunzio had debuted as Noble's cousin who was gonna take care of all his problems. I should have known better than to expect a cruiserweight angle to be taken seriously in WWE anyway, but I was excited about this one.

The match with Steiner was very good though.

Demott is hardly a sociopath. That word is the next "literally" for how much people misuse it.

Severe anti-social behavior

No empathy

rage prone

Seemingly has the ability to charm power people and convince them he's a nice guy and it's all these trainees being annoying and bitter

He hasn't killed anyone though. Unless wrestling crowds count.

Dude, no. First, you have no idea if Demott is antisocial and that alone hardly makes for a sociopath. Everything else you describe lands near a psychopath, which he isn't either.

Call it what it is. He's an asshole who worked people way too hard, sometimes to their detriment. That does not mean he's a sociopath.

• Like 1

Storm has importance and status? I am just learning all kinds of shit today.

He was a bigger star than Demott ever was, at least.

I don't really think that is true. Certainly not by much, shit they feuded on equal terms in WCW.

Yeah, but that was during the only year that Demott was ever treated as anything other than a curtain jerker by WCW.

I don't get this whole "he's like a drill sergeant" point from DeMott's supporters to justify his nastiness.

Drill Sergeant: training people for life or death situations where one mistake means they could get blown up, maimed or shot to death.

Being fair, DeMott did go too far, but the comparison is more apt than it looks.

Drill Sergeant: training people for life or death situations where one mistake means they could get blown up, maimed, or shot to death.

Pro wrestling trainer: Training people for a world of fake fighting in their underwear...where it becomes a life or death situation where even the tiniest mistake has the possibility of making your "opponent" (or, more apt in the real world, your partner in making the match occur) spend the rest of their life in a wheelchair. 

It's not exactly the same- but it is close enough you can see why a little of it is necessary.

People psychoanalyzing people they've never met through anecdotal evidence.

Can't we just talk about back slides and drop kicks?

Or the stuff that really matters.

You know, punches and missile dropkicks.

Missile dropkicks are so 2013.  This is the year of double foot stomps.

Being fair, DeMott did go too far, but the comparison is more apt than it looks.

Drill Sergeant: training people for life or death situations where one mistake means they could get blown up, maimed, or shot to death.

Pro wrestling trainer: Training people for a world of fake fighting in their underwear...where it becomes a life or death situation where even the tiniest mistake has the possibility of making your "opponent" (or, more apt in the real world, your partner in making the match occur) spend the rest of their life in a wheelchair. 

It's not exactly the same- but it is close enough you can see why a little of it is necessary.

Obviously trainees have to take wrestling seriously, but if people in legitimate sports like MMA aren't doing that shit ...why do ones in a fake one need to? There is never a good reason to slap someone you know has just received a concussion or hurl racist insults at a guy. 

Call this what it is: bullies on a power trip. Chigusa admitted as much in the movie Gaea Girls. She was brutalizing these young innocent women pretty much to work out the issues she had with her dad. It was more for her than it ever was for them

Maybe I'm too cynical about human nature. but if someone is engaging in violent, abusive behavior all the time...I am extremely reluctant to believe they're doing it simply out of the goodness of their hearts and, aren't, you know, secretly getting a huge kick out of it. 

• Like 2

People psychoanalyzing people they've never met through anecdotal evidence.

Can't we just talk about back slides and drop kicks?

Or the stuff that really matters.

You know, punches and missile dropkicks.

I heart the Bellas too:

tumblr_inline_nahck65Y3S1qm3g5l.gif

brie+1.gif

Wrestling fans who use the term "fake fighting" should go fuck themselves. 

My point is: people like demott, Hardcore Holly and JBL put wrestling on this pedastool and treat it like it's the most important thing on Earth basically to justify their vicious, sociopathic behaviour. 

Really, it's not. It's a form of entertainment. Wrestlers take risks, and should be praised for that. But, ideally, to borrow from Bret Hart in Wrestling with the Shadows, you shouldn't go home any more beaten up than if you'd just played in a hockey match. 

You pretend to fight for your life and get the shit kicked out you, you don't actually have to do it. And if DeMott wants to do that? Well, he can go into MMA and fight the likes of Brock Lesnar, can't he?

Except he never will because he's a gutless coward.