DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

The No Limit Soldiers showing up to WCW was the whole reason for me not watching Nitro and Thunder for three months in 1999.

The best thing about all of that was Master P was quoted as saying "Ya'll put my name on the sign at the Superdome and you'll sell the building out". I'm pretty sure WCW could have advertised Jesus Christ himself and they still wouldn't have sold out the building.

Does anyone remember an ECW show from the early days (94-96) that was outside on a beach? I swear this happened but I can't find anything.

It was some ECW show at a club. ECW Beach Party 97 in Belmar, NJ

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x79w9u_taz-vs-louie-spicolli-tv-title_sport

This is why I wish the WWE would put those old ECW home videos up on the network. This apparently was a whole show that was only seen on the mail order tapes ECW sold.

They used to put up the home video/Arena shows in full on WWE On Demand.  That channel was so much better than the network.  

The problem with Tom Green being behind GTV was that in its first couple of appearances, it was "GDTV."

The way Russo said he "wanted it to be" Green, made me think they just did it without really thinking about the outcome, which sounds about right.

Today I found out people actually bought and enjoyed Creed albums. I'll be damned.

Its was a different time. People used to wear Kikwear pants outside of shitty indy shows too. And watch Friends religiously. And rollerblade as their primary means of transportation. Ive heard, anyway.

I'm thankful that I spent the majority of the 90's high. I look back on the 90's and culturally, the decade made the 80's look like the goddamn renaissance.

• Like 3

Today I found out people actually bought and enjoyed Creed albums. I'll be damned.

Its was a different time. People used to wear Kikwear pants outside of shitty indy shows too. And watch Friends religiously. And rollerblade as their primary means of transportation. Ive heard, anyway.

We called those Hot Topic pants where I lived. I didn't know there was an actual name for them. 

• Like 1

Do you actually not realize how big Creed was? They were selling millions of records and selling out stadiums man.

Ha. Back then I was a weirdo listening to Eyehategod and Bad Brains. I knew who Creed was but I didn't know anyone who liked 'em. 

• Like 1

If there's one good thing about Creed, it's that it gave us Alter Bridge and brought Miles Kennedy into the forefront. Jimmy Page almost had him singing for Led Zeppelin a couple years ago. No one's gonna say that about Scott Stapp.

Also in wrestling news, more and more stuff continues to come out about Demott. How long before the WWE has to finally do something and at least "susspend him" and send him for "sensitivity training"?. I used quotations because we all know if they do something it will only be in name only with no real ramifications. I mean for a publically traded company, they've shown in the past they will only do something if something really bad happens (coughbenoitcough).

Nickelback has sold millions of albums and sell out stadiums. Stop.

And they are, beyond all reason, massively huge and I know multiple people that like them. It wasn't a defense of Creed, it was a statement of fact in response to someone being surprised to learn anyone liked the biggest rock band of the turn of the century.

Bill DeMott just announced he's stepping down from his position, effective immediately.

At the same time, a female posted on Reddit (and was verified to the mods at SquaredCircle her identity) her experiences with DeMott, but largely the strength and conditioning coach at the Performance Center. It's pretty damning, and it looks like the post is actually by a Diva on the main roster that's went through the Performance Center before being called up.

I'm thankful that I spent the majority of the 90's high. I look back on the 90's and culturally, the decade made the 80's look like the goddamn renaissance.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK

YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW

OUTRAGE

• Like 1