DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

At least No Limit had Mystikal and for one sad moment Snoop. Bad Boy had that guy above who I still believe is the worst rapper to ever blow up.

Drake and Lil Troll are still rummaging around. At least Mase had some flow..

Also, that clip of the guy smacking the shit out of that chick with the chair made it to one of my Facebook groups I'm a part of. The internet really is the worst thing to happen to pro wrestli-- society.

The "best" part of Wrestlemania to me this year is how all the undercard feuds, like Miz/Mizdow and Cody/Dustin will just be thrown into big, giant random matches. Much like Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler. Meanwhile, the show is built around Triple H, Sting, The Undertaker & Brock Lesnar.

The more things change...

At least No Limit had Mystikal and for one sad moment Snoop. Bad Boy had that guy above who I still believe is the worst rapper to ever blow up.

Mase probably ain't in the top 50 worst rappers to blow up. He just got lazy when he made it big.

Ain't no wack rappers on one of the greatest posse cuts of all time son,

Anyone else thinking of going to SummerSlam? I'm 99.9% sure I'm gonna attend.

Yeah, it's a 30 minute drive. I don't even watch Raw anymore, but I'm sure I'll have a great time. I went to the Barclays Raw with Jericho vs RVD and where Cena picked DBry as his Summerslam opponent. Had a blast. I don't even know what ppv ticket prices are like these days, but even if I settle for cheaper seats, it'll probably be fine. Barclays is really nice.

• Like 1

If not for Mas their would be no Cam'ron and No Limit had a squad, but Bad Boy was the house that Biggie built and really the only non R&B star Bad Boy produced that wasnt Big was Diddy and he owned the fucker. Master P was the star of the show on No Limit but his supporting cast though had misfits could also hold their own.

The No Limit Soldiers showing up to WCW was the whole reason for me not watching Nitro and Thunder for three months in 1999.

Come on now, there was that episode they started chasing someone in the back while screaming "Hootie Hoo!" like a bunch of vultures, complete with arm flapping, that made it all ok.

The No Limit Soldiers showing up to WCW was the whole reason for me not watching Nitro and Thunder for three months in 1999.

Come on now, there was that episode they started chasing someone in the back while screaming "Hootie Hoo!" like a bunch of vultures, complete with arm flapping, that made it all ok.

That sounds amazing tbh.

Rap music and Wrestling have so many parallels and seem like a perfect match but when you try to mix them they don't mix.

I see your comment and raise you New Jack.

And I remind you of the Urban Wrestling Federation and end this conversation.

They had an angle where their champion was fatally shot. That's what you end up with.

Heh, just found out that Cesaro will be part of fairly big German television event next week.

Every year, there's this weird event where entertainers of all kind compete in a sort of bobsledding competition, only instead of a bob they use a wok. Yes, the chinese cooking pan. Don't ask, it's Germany.

Well, this year apparently Cesaro will drive one of the woks and represent Team Switzerland. Also competing will be Murat Bosporus for Team Turkey, who some might remember from his handful of matches in NOAH.

• Like 1

Let's assemble the big book of horrible wrestling training stories

-Chris Jericho tells the story about one of the Harts taking him and putting him in a hold that basically grinded his teeth together and was extremely painful.

-Mick Foley: In his autobiography tells about old-time trainers who liked to get football players down in the mount position, then drop a knee on the back of their leg and break it.

-There's the whole Stu Hart torturing guys in his dungeon.  The most memorable of which, to me, was Bret Hart talking about Stu whispering "You've breathed your last breath" into his ear as he choked him into almost unconsciousness.

Lets go thru these.

Was Jericho maimed or injured. He was given a demonstration of a hold and came out no worse for wear. 

Foley himself said he could not verify this stuff. They were rumors that went around. 

The stuff with Stu choking out Bret sounds like a different discussion. 

What is the objection to stretching guys in submission holds if they are not being injured?