DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

With Fury Road coming out, they should take advantage of Sheamus's new look and have him form a Wasteland stable with the Ascension. Call up Big Cass with Hornswoggle strapped to him to be the heater, maybe have Heath Slater introduce Sheamus as The Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla (built-in Jericho feud.)

With Sid as Humungous again maybe?

• Like 1

As far as cuts go, even with the NXT call-ups, I don't think they have enough talent to keep up their house show schedule and cut very many guys. Maybe Hornswoggle, since you have El Torito, and Heath Slater, because Heath Slater, but I can't think of too many others. Zack Ryder has been in the opener of every house show/tv taping i've been to, and he's usually good for a pop. He's like, the homeless man's Tito Santana.

• Like 1

I wouldn't get rid of Slater. He's perfect in his role as a very poor man's opening match Honky Tonk Man. You need a good heel wimpy to beat up on every now and then.

I'd definitely get rid of Hornswoggle. It's not like he did anything wrong, but they don't use him and I don't see how it's worth it for either side. Would also get rid of Rosa, Jojo and Cameron.

Can't believe they aren't getting more shit for saying Cole suffered the same exact injuries that killed Perro. Just fucking disgusting.

When they eventually try and bring Rey back for a hof induction I hope he remembers them using Perro's death for ha ha and tells them to fuck themselves. Also how phoney and insincere does Steph's tweet look now?

Do you think they're really doing it for a joke, though!?  There's no real guys with a Mexican connection (Rey Rey, Chavo, Alberto) so I'd wager it's much more likely the writers erred on the side of ignorance, rather than offence.  I mean, I frequent this board every day and had no idea Perro died of a cervicle fracture, so do you think WWE writers/Vince/Steph/Trips would have known?  

I know WWE does their fair share of tacky shit, but I suspect this is more ignorance than anything else.  Someone likely googled what injury an F5 would cause and came up with "broken clavicle" (Which, to split hairs, is not actually what Perro died of anyways, cause of death was a cardiac arrest due to a cervicle stroke).  The only thing WWE is really guilty of in this instance is ignorance, I think.

• Like 3

I highly doubt it was a coincidence. When it comes to WWE and bad taste we've all learned that they haven't earned the benifit of the doubt.

• Like 2

I didn't get to watch Mania this year, were there any promos on par with last year's Monster and Legacy promos?

Maybe nothing quite on par with those, I loved the Monster one especially. But this was the only promo close with any sort of special feel to it, and it didn't even air on the actual PPV portion. I like it a lot and thought it did a great job making the match seem bigger. Always wish they would do more of those kind of videos, a shame the other matches just got mostly basic videos this year.