DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Those exclusives have me tempted to pick up the blu-ray.  I don't know much about Memphis Championship Wrestling and would like to learn more.

The best part of MCW around that time were the Spanky promos.

if Cole just quit one day, how many hours pass before the WWE hires Jim Ross back? it's not like they've really set up a B guy for PBP that they didn't undercut eventually.

I don't think Ross would want to come back. He's figured out he has other options that don't include a coked-up old man with daddy issues screaming in his ear all night.

Triple H and Steph on Twitter now are pretending they love Wrestling Isn't Wrestling.

Posts like these make me think maybe Hunter is the greatest heel of all time.

Stephanie called it a "Vlog". Has anyone used that word in 2015 and not been insulting???

Cole would have made a great heel manager, but he was overexposed by being a constant presence on TV.

I would have loved to have seen Cole as a Heenan-esque heel manager, who occasionally does commentary.  I agree with those who said that having him on constantly as a heel announcer was a disaster.

It sounds like we have a Cole Miner in our ranks!!

As horrible as heel Cole was, in retrospect it's pretty funny that it was in essence one long Vince tirade against vegetarians.  

Shoulda just hired Anthony Bourdain. He does it better.

• Like 1

So, I've been watching ROH TV the last couple weeks and am totally in awe of Dalton Castle's entrance, it's my favourite thing since the first time Adam Rose did his entrance (with the better music/timing) in NXT.  Unfortunately, this week's appearance isn't up on Youtube, but there's a vid from February on a crappy cellphone cam.

The whole segment from this past week was even better, he was a little more confident in the role.  Then he got his two "boys" (that's what he calls them!) to kneel down in the ring and act as his chair, and he sat and made fun of Jay Lethal.  In the ring, he's pretty raw (his punches need some work, as well as his timing), but he's got a style that's completely antithetical to his gimmick: amateur wrestling throws and holds, including a wonderful deadlift german suplex, that somehow totally works.  I love this guy.

Vince McMahon: GANGSTER, PIMP, GODFATHER.

Except I'm pretty sure he didn't get Brock discounted.

And NOW they got a bit of a quandry, because every decision leading to this point was defending against what would happen if he left.