DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

As someone who has never been in a ring I hope this doesn't come off as a ridiculous question but could an unconscious man with his body weight draped throat-first over the ropes like that cause someone to choke themselves to death?

Not even going to watch that.  What horrible, horrible news.  Anytime someone dies or gets critically injured doing something "routine", it troubles the hell out of me.  I am mostly retired from in-ring stuff, but it just frightens me to know, that as safe and basic as I (and others) work, anything can happen. 

Just to clarify as I do not wish to watch such video, he hurt himself landing neck first on the 2nd rope? Was he knocked out before that or just missed handling the rope?

That seems to be the assumption, but it's hard to tell from footage I saw.   There's no dramatic neck snap or anything, and from what I saw of the aftermath, there's nothing to indicate a broken neck.  He gets his arms up to drape himself over the 2nd rope properly and doesn't react at all after he hits the ropes.  If he hit the ropes wrong, I'd kinda expect the arms not to be positioned so ideally or for him to react somehow.  He doesn't.  I'm kinda wondering if he didn't hit his head earlier in the match and it took a few minutes to incapacitate him.  People walk around, drive, etc. with slow-bleeding aneurysms, so it's not impossible. 

It's definitely not he 619 itself.  Perro appears to be out before Rey does the move and Rey never actually touches him.  The spot called for Perro and his tag partner to duck the 619, so Rey swung high and whiffed over their heads.

• Like 1

So I guess JAPW just ran an angle where Chris Dickinson interrupted a 10 bell salute for Perrito. You may remember Dickinson from a couple weeks ago when he hit a girl with an unprotected chair shot and then power bombed her.

I'm not sure that this was in good taste.

• Like 1

I was digging through blank vhs tapes tonight and stumbled across a 2001 CMLL show that featured

capos vs Villanos

La familia TJ and Juvy vs negro, santo, rey jr and hombre sin nombre (Rayman)

Emilio charles vs apollo dantes hair match

Also found an ep of Raw from Tokyo right before Mania 21

So I guess JAPW just ran an angle where Chris Dickinson interrupted a 10 bell salute for Perrito. You may remember Dickinson from a couple weeks ago when he hit a girl with an unprotected chair shot and then power bombed her.

I'm not sure that this was in good taste.

The man clearly has no taste, as evidenced by his appallingly tiny trunks.

Boy, do i not remember Stacy being Orton's girlfriend.

If I remember it right, it was only a 3 week thing just so that he could show his ruthlessness and RKO her in preperation of the Undertaker match.

Still a better relationship than George Clooney.

• Like 1

People are actually defending that piece of shit Chris Dickinson.  I always say that the only people who do cheap shit like that are the ones with no fucking clue how to work and draw real heat.

Frankly it isn't really that difficult.  I mean chances are 90% of the people at the Jersey All Pro show including the wrestlers have no clue who he is.   

if you want to impress me, try doing that shit at a lucha libre show with a slightly different ethnicity than at JAPW and let me know if you live to see tomorrow

• Like 4

People are actually defending that piece of shit Chris Dickinson. I always say that the only people who do cheap shit like that are the ones with no fucking clue how to work and draw real heat.

Frankly it isn't really that difficult. I mean chances are 90% of the people at the Jersey All Pro show including the wrestlers have no clue who he is.

if you want to impress me, try doing that shit at a lucha libre show with a slightly different ethnicity than at JAPW and let me know if you live to see tomorrow

I'm guessing Homicide wasn't there as the guy is still alive and all.

Low Ki legit punched Chris Dickinson in the face a few times later on in the night for being too stiff. Really thought they were going to continue fighting in the ring. It was pretty crazy.

I wasn't a fan of him getting in the ring to start an angle right after the 10 bell salute for Perro ended. Not sure what they were thinking planning that out. 

Dickinson and Kimberlee were chatting before and after the show, and looked like old friends. Kinda weird considering the horrible video of him putting her in serious danger from a couple of weeks ago. I mean I wasn't surprised, but it was still odd to see. 

Teddy Hart is terrible. If you're fascinated with how much of an idiot Teddy Hart is, then this show is right up your alley. He started doing unplanned spots, and also dived on a fan, which pissed MVP off. Which eventually ended up with both MVP and Homicide shooting on Teddy. Keep in mind, Kurt Angle wanted to fight Teddy legit at the last JAPW show back in November for something similar. Poor Chris Hero was stuck being Teddy's partner trying to make the most of a shitty situation. Joe didn't do much in the match but looks like he lost some weight.

Good show overall, but also really weird and full of tension. Just an oddball promotion, tbh.