DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

A lot of indignation here about what imaginary people might do maybe.

Hey man, if you're referring to my shit, I made a bad joke and I feel bad about it

Don't be. A guy I know just quit a Facebook group he was in cause they were all going on about how Benoit deserves to go into the HoF before the kid.

Wow....that's a shitty bu

Hey man, if you're referring to my shit, I made a bad joke and I feel bad about it

Don't be. A guy I know just quit a Facebook group he was in cause they were all going on about how Benoit deserves to go into the HoF before the kid.

Wow...that's a shitty bunch of people.

• Like 1

I was as big of a Benoit fan as there was, but what kind of person expects him to get into WWE's HoF after murdering his wife and child? What kind of person also complains about a kid with fucking cancer being inducted into the HoF?
  • Like 1

I was as big of a Benoit fan as there was, but what kind of person expects him to get into WWE's HoF after murdering his wife and child? What kind of person also complains about a kid with fucking cancer being inducted into the HoF?

Shitty, awful fucking people.

• Like 4

Presumably people that think Kevin Sullivan was the real killer.

Im sorry if I offended anyone with my bullshit. I've lost family to it too, and it's a horrible, shitty thing. As a smoker who grew up next to a chemical plant, I'd be very surprised if it didn't get me too. Conner is Pro Wrestling.

I feel like there should be merch with this saying on it. Hell just get a drawing of Conner w/ D-Bry after winning the belts at Mania 30 and D-Bry telling Conner he won because Conner believed in him and put Conner is Pro Wrestling underneath. WWE could put that out, donate all proceeds from the shirt to a cure for cancer research non-profit and you'd be good to go.

• Like 1

That there are Benoit defenders in 2015 blows my mind. For the record, the guy was my favorite wrestler after Arn Anderson. I have an autographed 8 x 10 that used to hang over my desk (along with Arn, Liger, Muta, & Santito). I don't approve of the WWE trying to erase the fact he existed, because I think there's a cautionary tale there that everyone in the business or who is thinking about getting into the business needs to keep in mind. Should he go in the WWE HOF? No, should he be kicked out of the real (WO) HOF? Again, no; it is what it is. Benoit acquired the credentials to be inducted in the WO HOF while still active and relatively sane. What came later has to be acknowledged or we'll never learn from it.

• Like 4

Wow, I met him a couple or three years before that. Didn't seem like the sharpest pencil in the box, but polite, friendly, every inch a gentleman... Funny, that also fits a guy that I used to see at Eddie's Olive Way Tavern who went on a killspree in downtown Seattle years ago...

I interviewed Benoit in 2002. Thinking about it now turns my blood to ice water.

Wow, I met him a couple or three years before that. Didn't seem like the sharpest pencil in the box, but polite, friendly, every inch a gentleman... Funny, that also fits a guy that I used to see at Eddie's Olive Way Tavern who went on a killspree in downtown Seattle years ago...

Seems clear. Everyone who talks to OSJ kills people.

• Like 6

Rewatching Mania XXX, and the hype video for Bryan/HHH, with the 'I've turned into a monster' song, is the best video they've done since the awesome Miz one when he main evented Mania.

• Like 3

But you're talking to me on this board... Oh, dear...  Cristobal might kill us all...

Seems clear. Everyone who talks to OSJ kills people.

Dante Gabriel Rossetti vs. Augustus Egg in a  steel cage! Book it now, motherfuckers!

Michaels, Hall & Nash should try to trademark it first, then license it to WWE for a fee.

Also, searching for The Clique on Wikipedia yields this

Now I'm imagining a bunch of painters from the 1800s "too sweeting" each other and crotch chopping.