DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

To be fair, a bunch of those are alter-egos of current WWE/TNA people, backyarders, or TNM creations.

If they can sign that Castagnoli dude, there's no stopping them!

WWE is booking him as the Sting of 1996-1997 so he appears to be mute.

Like I said before, what Triple H is saying isn't bad. He's a villain so of course he'd try to frame it in a way that benefits him.

What he's saying would/will be fine if/when someone actually steps up to call him out on it. That's historically the issue with HHH's promos, though; he says what a heel is "supposed" to say, and presents himself as the strongest, smartest, toughest, most iconic star in the history of the WWE...and then the face responds with, "all of those things are absolutely true, but I'm going to beat you anyway!"

That's the biggest thing - HHH isn't a fucking icon. He'd like to think he is, but he isn't. And nobody has sat in their home fantasy booking a HHH-Sting feud. I'm sure the match will be good, but I could have lived with not seeing this matchup just fine.

I'll probably regret asking this question, but.... if Triple H isn't an icon, who does fit your definition?

Just curious. I know a lot of people hate Triple H - I'm not a huge fan either - but I generally find the way people minimize his contribution to the past 15-20 years kinda odd. I'm not sure that I agree with the idea that he carried the company while other stars on his level (Austin, Rock) went on to greener pastures, but a case can be made for that. It's not an crazy idea.

I don't consider him on the Austin, Rock level or, honestly, the Michaels, Bret, Foley, Sting level. He's decidedly on the third tier, in my opinion, to answer your question. He certainly has had a great career, but to try to put him on the level that he obviously considers himself to be on is a stretch.

Edit, I'm an asshole as I forgot about Undertaker, too.

Demott sounds like a piece of garbage. I wanted to punch him when I heard what he said about Davey Boy Smith. 

I did think it was funny he waited til Rusev was injured to mess with him. Like the story starts and you hear Rusev's name and it sounds odd. Then you hear "serious neck injury" and it makes sense. 

And to compare Demott to the old days. Those training stories made sense, there were reasons guys needed to be toughened up and to protect the business. Demott just seems like a bitter asshole who never really made it. There are no lessons learned. 

Demott also had no problem sucking off WCW and WWE teat when injured, but gives guys who make no real money shit for protecting themselves.

Someone called a signature move "The Davey Boy" because he used it a lot. Demott says "What fall on your lawn and die."

Bill DeMott will get his. When he croaks, someone will say it was Hugh Morrus.

Of course, I'd be a bitter asshole if I played a character called Hugh G. Rection.

I'm amazed Demott hasn't had his ass kicked by a trainee yet. I know most of them are afraid of losing their jobs, but you would think it's only a matter of time before he gets on the wrong side of someone with no fucks left to give.

I'm amazed Demott hasn't had his ass kicked by a trainee yet. I know most of them are afraid of losing their jobs, but you would think it's only a matter of time before he gets on the wrong side of someone with no fucks left to give.

Fuck it, let Brock have his way with DeMott on his way out. That will change Hugh Morrus' outlook on life.

Demott is from the old school of things. He got trained the same way. I mean the WWE tries so hard not to be a rasslin company but in the end they still are one. Personally, if it were me I wouldn't put up with Demott's bullshit. You think you gotta take all this stuff. You don't. Fight back. Sure it could cost you your job but on the other hand the WWE and Vince seem to like it when someone stands up for themselves.

Demott's gonna keep doing this shit till either he gets fired or someone stands up and smacks the fuck out of him and puts him in his place.

I thought Demott's bullshit training practices were already known and universally hated, no? I can't remember where I read the stories from, but I recall it being compared to how they'd run you down and break you at the WCW Power Plant.