DVDVR Message Board

NHL - March 2015

Dolfan in NYC

I'm a little annoyed at St. Louis for walloping the Flames last week, and then not having the common decency to at least do the same to the Wild and the Jets.

Also annoyed at Rene Fucking Bourque for scoring two goals yesterday to lift the Jackets over the Flames. That's a third of his goal production this season! Hard to believe he was almost a 30 goal scorer (twice!) for the Flames at one point.

I can't blame him for wanting to come back. Russia's a goddamn land mine right now. I get loving your home country and enjoying the chance to be a big star there but if you can get paid just as well to be not in Russia these days that's probably not a bad idea.

When Lou looks at his awful roster, then looks at an empty arena he may find it in his heart to forgive and forget (with a little nudge from ownership of course).

I'm not sure what was worse, the Jets falling apart in the second half of the second period, or being forced to listen to the terrible Canucks announcers on a "national" broadcast. If I'm forced to listen to bad homer announce teams, I prefer it to be our terrible homer announce team.

They said last night was the 21st time Vancouver played a team that was on the second night of back-to-back games. Without doing any actual research, that number sounds absurdly high.

He's getting progressively worse and the fact that the Canucks aren't very good at this stage makes his homerism even more annoying. Back in 2008-2012, it was fine because the team was really good and most of the homer shit wasn't far from the truth. Now? Nah.

John Garrett must look really creepy when he cosplays at home in his cheerleader outfit.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, I'm not here to judge.

Weird thing I've noticed Sportsnet doing: Airing NHL Classics games as the lead-in to a current game, where the Canadian team loses. Leading into Edmonton games with the Theo Fleury Calgary OT game. Leading into Flames games with the Tampa/Calgary game 6. Leading into Canucks games with the 1994 game 7 against the Rangers. Leading into a Leafs game with the LA Gretzky high stick game. What the hell is this about? You have access to every game you could possibly want and you do this? It's bizarre trolling.

In fairness the other three Oilers games I've seen them use this year were the first Stanley Cup win over the Islanders, THAT GAME SEVEN against the Dallas Stars, and the 87 cup final game against the Flyers. But still we're talking about "one of these things is not like the other" here.

Sabres scored and I swear everyone in the crowd just looked at each other and said "what the fuck are we supposed to do now?". The Yotes goal actually got cheered. And we just took the lead. Fuck.

Dear hockey Gods: on this day 18 years ago my Whalers died. You fucking owe me, big time. Connor McDavid in a Sabres uniform would be a nice start.

Thanks,

Mike

Dear hockey Gods: on this day 18 years ago my Whalers died. You fucking owe me, big time. Connor McDavid in a Sabres uniform would be a nice start.

Thanks,

Mike

I really do hope that McDavid doesn't end up going to one of the teams that blatantly tanked out the season.

But if he does happen to get drafted by one such team, please (hockey) God(s), let it be the Sabres. Anyone but Edmonton.