DVDVR Message Board

NHL - March 2015

Dolfan in NYC

I am not joking when I say that the Sabres have probably been on national TV more times this season than any other NHL teams. That has to be a violation of the Geneva Convention right?

I read somewhere that, even in their current state, the Sabres are a huge ratings draw on national TV.  I can't remember where, though.

I am not joking when I say that the Sabres have probably been on national TV more times this season than any other NHL teams. That has to be a violation of the Geneva Convention right?

I read somewhere that, even in their current state, the Sabres are a huge ratings draw on national TV. I can't remember where, though.

That is correct. We are machosists whose suffering is being inflicted upon the entire nation because so many of us tune in to the games.

Kulikov got a Gordie Howe hat trick and Dan Ellis played competently. Two things you're not likely to see again this season, or ever for that matter. All I wanted for tonight was a point but with the lead in the 3rd it's a damn shame they couldn't get 2.

Detroit you had one job.

The Edmonton/Chicago game was probably the most entertaining Oilers game of the year. Shots were 42-37 Edmonton after regulation yet Crawford and Scrivens were both great and it was 1-1. Absolutely open hockey. Not even mad we lost in a shootout because who cares.

Detroit's effort against Calgary was not great. They continued the bad defense from the Rangers game and mixed in some bad goaltending. Cole had two points and looked good though.

One step closer to McEichel baby! And the Laffs are officially the Knicks of hockey. Hey, there's a great trade that should be made this offseason: Kessel for Melo straight up!

Calgary with the big babyface comeback vs ottawa, scoring 4 goals in the thirdto tie it up,

You have an odd definition of "babyface". That word can never, ever apply to the fucking Calgary Flames.

• Like 3

Calgary with the big babyface comeback vs ottawa, scoring 4 goals in the thirdto tie it up,

You have an odd definition of "babyface". That word can never, ever apply to the fucking Calgary Flames.

Boooo! Where's the "dislike this" button?

I don't know how anyone could not like the Flames this season. They really are the ultimate underdog babyface team.

Edit: Having said that, I completely understand the sentiment when it comes to other Canadian teams. I don't think I could bring myself to cheer for the Canucks, Jets, or Leafs, no matter how objectively good or entertaining they were. (I do like the Jets in theory -- as in, I'm glad Winnipeg has a team again -- but that's as far as it goes.) I've softened a bit on the Oilers over the years, but I think that's because they've become so pitiable that it's hard to actively dislike them. If they ever become a decent hockey team again, I suspect the old feelings will return.

I don't mind Montreal, though! If I was old enough to remember much of the late 80s/early 90s, I'd probably feel different.

And Ottawa is just kind of there.