DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Spring 2015

Dolfan in NYC

MK Dons go up to the Championship after Preston North End falter against Colchester. It's Sheffield United against Swindon and Chesterfield against PNE, who are 0-for-9 in their playoff history. Bad news indeed.

I'll be cheering on Sheffield United because of their manager being our former manager, Nigel Clough had a couple good years at Derby.

And i'll be cheering on little Burton Albion in the third tier of English football (That's crazy) because LOL Derby.

All joking aside, there's rumours Steve McClaren might even join Newcastle before the end of the season to try and keep them up. I don't have any issue with him leaving, he's done a good job since he's been with us, but I fear the team will be broken up after two years of not getting promoted with arguably the best squad in the league.

McClaren might go, Hughes might go, Hendrick, Bryson, Mascarell back to Real Madrid, Bent back to shitty Villa, Ince back to Hull.

Come to think of it, it's not been the same since Jordan Ibe went back to Liverpool, he wasn't the cause of all this happening but the two do go hand in hand timewise.

Rant over.

Biggest game of the year for Juventus today vs Real Madrid.  If they could just get a 1-0 win it would be HUGE!  Forza Juve!

Oh shit, Morata opens the scoring with an early goal against his old team!  Put another one on em Old Lady!

....and Ronaldo ties it.

2-1 going back to the Bernabeau....lookin pretty good to me right now

Guest Edwin

Next years CL is going to have it rough with German teams for sure with Bayern, Wolsfburg, Leverkusen and Gladbach. Hopefully German football gains more popularity stateside with Bundesliga on FOX Sports next season. Best league to follow really. Constant entertaining unpredictable games.

Happy Juve beat Real as a lot of people were overlooking Juve.

Holy shit.

The Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) has taken the drastic action to suspend all domestic matches from May 16 onwards as an ongoing dispute between several parties and the government over new TV rights and plenty of other matters continue.

That’s right folks, the La Liga season will grind to a halt two weeks before the end of the current campaign as league officials will suspend all matches.

On Wednesday RFEF made the announcement that it would be suspending all matches in Spain over changes in financial rules from the Secretary of State for Sport and claimed that FIFA has given the Spanish government a “serious warning” as to its action. RFEF also said it was unhappy with being awarded only 4.55 percent of pools revenue but it was still open to dialogue.

All of this hinges around a new TV deal for Spain’s top flight which was revealed last week as a new law was made to allow TV cash to be distributed evenly between the 20 teams in La Liga rather than the big dogs of Real Madrid and Barcelona getting a larger chunk of the TV revenue.

It remains to be seen how this all shakes out, but the final few weeks of the La Liga season are in serious jeopardy.

Atletico Madrid host Barcelona in the penultimate week of the season and with the title still on the line as Barca holds a slender two-point advantage over Real Madrid with three games left, we could be in limbo for quite some time until RFEF and the Spanish government figure things out.

What a mess.

"RFEF also said it was unhappy with being awarded only 4.55 percent of pools revenue but it was still open to dialogue."

Sounds like the kicker to me.  That is fucking absurd.  I agree that the TV money in Spain was lopsided and badly needed to be restructured to help everyone besides Barca/Madrid, but now it sounds like the RFEF is gonna hold the league hostage to get a bigger cut with two weeks to go in the season.  Such bullshit

Barca is of course a lock in the final with that result. The only thing keeping Bayern in this game for that long was that guy called Neuer. Should have been 2-0 at halftime already. Still, 3-0 makes Barca a finalist after their "long" hiatus from the CL final.

Guest Edwin

Despite the huge agg. Barca have, if there's one thing I've learned from Bayern is to never count them out...

CDJJR7RWAAASgKj.jpg

Yeah, yeah, I know, but one can still hope...

Barca is of course a lock in the final with that result. The only thing keeping Bayern in this game for that long was that guy called Neuer.

Funny, because Neuer made all the wrong decisions before the 0:1.

But, everything is still possible....yeah, right...

Europa League semis today, hoping to see Fiorentina & Napoli do well and make it to the finals!  Italy badly needed some good runs in Europe this year as their UEFA coefficient ranking has been tanking the last few years.  Sevilla will be a tough opponent for Florence though...but everything is possible!

Memphis Depay is joining Manchester United.

I haven't actually seen much of him aside from the world cup but by all accounts this is one of the hottest young stars in the world. He's another attacking winger though so you wonder who is leaving to make room.

Januzaj is a better AM/9, but there's already 2 of those on the team.  Judging by this year, Di Maria seems the odd man out, since he hasn't caught on, but with how much he cost initially, they might try to get another year out of him to see if he catches on next year.

Monday is the 30th Anniversary of the awful Bradford City Valley Parade Fire Disaster. R.I.P. to the 56 and best wishes to those affected by it.

BT Sport Films will be showing a film called One Day in May: The Story of the Bradford City Disaster on the day at 9:30pm. The show will be free on TV according to the site and will air with no adverts.

• Like 2

Tim Sherwood must be a managerial genius. He's made Nathan Cleverly into an actual footballer!

Tom Cleverly then, whatever the fuck his name is. The guy all Man United fans thought was a pile of shit and the reason the whole team was playing badly.