DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Spring 2015

Dolfan in NYC

If you want to see how one player can make all the difference look at the Revs. Last year once they got Jones they caught fire. With him being out so far they have been total dogshit. The east is so horrible this year that it's entirety possible that one of the expansion teams could win it.

One of the tsn soccer guys picked nycfc to win the east.

I'm astounded I went 3 for 3 in picking Premier League props on a game I play. Apparently this was the morning to pick ManCity by 2+, Arsenal over Newcastle and West Ham over Sunderland. I was getting concerned about a draw in WH/Sunderland due to the first 6 matches of the day having winners.

Then again, Man City managed to play a man up and not lose

Not a Spurs fan, but Kane is the vice captain of my fantasy team.

He's the Captain of mine (this week)*. I think I've got the DVDVR Head 2 head league in the bag**, but in the open league, I've got a bit of a gap to make up to first.

* I had Jonathon Walters as my Captain the week he scored a hat-trick as well. Shitloads of points.

** I was last after 8 weeks, 1 W, 1 D, 6 L. 16-4-9 after this week, unless Yellope gets a miracle Sunday.

Guest Edwin

Sooooo today OC lost to Vancouver.

Get this - they lost in a set piece in extra time.

Boring, frustrating game too. They had a bunch of chances outside for the box to score, but they just couldn't seem to find the back of the net.

Guest Edwin

Herrera with a long beautiful pass leading to the Mata goal and Liverpool is already down 0-1 against United at Anfield.

Pretty shameful that it took a man being sent off to spark the squad. 5 points isn't an insurmountable gap but it's big. I'm pretty angry right now but I wouldn't mind if they just shut Gerrard down for the rest of the year. That was incredibly selfish and inexcusable.

Guest Edwin

Missed the second half of Liverpool vs. United, because I was at church, but I read Mata scored again from a bicycle kick.

Heard Hull vs. Chelsea was a good game, but I couldn't watch, because I was watching Bayern vs. Gladbach.

Bayern lost their second game of the season losing 0-2 to Gladbach from a Raffael brace on clumbsy Neuer goalkeeping in a game in which Bayern dominated, but still failed to convert.

Robben went down hard early in the first half and didn't come back which seemed to affect them offensively.

It didn't seem like a serious injury and hopefully it's not and he's back for their upcoming big away game against BVB next week.

And we still have El Clásico left.

Guest Edwin

Excellent first half of El Clásico so far.

Mathieu and Benzema have both been the highlight players on their respective side.

Bundesliga dangerzone shaped up quite interestingly. Hannover, losing their home game to Dortmund after a second yellow for Bittencourt after a reckless challenge and two quick BVB goals from Kagawa and Aubameyang. Hannover looked alive, though and like they could be able to turn things around. Paderborn got a goalless draw against Hoffenheim at home, still managed to enter direct relegation zone for the first time this season because Freiburg managed a 2-0 win at home against Augsburg. Hamburg finds themselves at 16th place, one point ahead of Paderborn, two points ahead of Stuttgart who managed their first win in 2015,

Augsburg and Schalke both losing means and interesting twist for the top 6 spots, since even Dortmund has a vague chance now to salvage a poor season with a Euro League spot now. Bayer winning against Schalke at home, aswell as Gladbach meeting Bayern in their away game means they pull ahead of other contenders, even if those might not be the final words in the quest for CL spots. Bayern´s loss still sees them 10 points ahead of Wolfsburg. On a positive note, they will take to at least mid-April to win the championship because of this loss.

So, time to switch the attention to the EURO qualifiers, where Germany has to make up some ground ... ;)

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

Had Neymar not ignored Suárez (who was visibly frustrated because of this) on the a couple of clear runs, maybe the scoreboard would've been different in Barca's favor.

Marcelo had an excellent game. He was the MOTM for Real.

MLS approaching 24 teams much more gradually than the NASL did.

Although I'd imagine they don't really want to speak of the idea of adding relegation at the 24 team mark. Unless they find a way to interest marks into buying a 2nd division team with the promise of 1 promotion spot a year (like in Scotland!). But they're probably a bit crazy if they push towards a 30 team league.

Speaking of Scotland, Heart of Midlothian is on their way back for 2015/16. The second spot comes down to a playoff that probably involves a combo of Hibernian, Rangers, Queen of the South and the 11th place finisher in the top league. I think the format is 4th v. 3rd, 3/4 v. 2nd, and 2/3/4 v. 11th place finisher. So it could favor Hibernian unless Rangers swoops into 2nd

I'm disappointed I haven't seen anyone work their internet magic with the Balotelli thing to stick a couple of perms and shellsuits on the Liverpool fans holding him back.

But, man, between THIS DOES NOT FUCKING SLIP...followed by him slipping and his Abe Simpson impersonation yesterday, Gerrard's been the gift that keeps on giving.

How nice of him to apologise to everyone.

Apart from the dude he stamped on.

• Like 1