DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: TOMOAKI HONMA

RIPPA

Honma was the man in Big Japan and my favourite wrestler to watch at the time. He was so plucky and had all those goofy mannerisms (the biting shakiness being the tops). Death matches were atrocious 99% of the time until he and Yamakawa made an art of them against each other and as a team. Then John "JEEEEEZUS!" Zandig and co. came along and ruined everything. It's so cool that he's had this surge in New Japan and is the hottest act in the company outside of maybe... maybe Nakamura. If Gedo ever decides to pull the trigger with some actual Honma wins, he could have another star on his hands.

I remember discovering the exotic Japanese death match stuff and then being so, so disappointed with the tapes when they arrived. That being the case until I popped those Big Japan '99 and '00 tapes in.

• Like 1

I remember when Honma broke out the florescent ligth tube in a deathmatch for the first time and we were all WHAT THE FUCK IS HE GOING TO DO WITH THAT~?

it would've been awesome if it had been a one for the ages superweapon kinda thing, but then everyone started to use the damn things.

Honma and Kasai looked like they were dream opponents.  Honma liked beating people up and Kasai apparently loved to bleed all over everything.