DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 2/27/15

Casey

How to tell when John Cena will be readying to get out of the business: He'll chase and win the IC title, to complete his set of all WWE championships.

Reason 500 I would be the worst wrestling booker ever. This made me think they should do another angle firing him. This time he returns as Juwanna Cena and wins the diva title.

Fandango/Axel isn't face vs. heel.  It's your will to live vs. the cool, welcoming darkness.

Fair enough.

So which is which?

butcher3.jpg

If Necro Butcher wrestled Fandango and Curtis Axel, it would immediately become the most interesting match at Wrestlemania. 

• Like 1

So the 28 year old rising star who put on a breakthrough main event performance last month jobs for the second time this week while Kane and Show are protected? Sounds about right.

You could say he's getting dicked around...

What's next? Getting a Vader Attack from Brock? 

or maybe a headbutt from Samoa Joe?

Overly Critical Man, on 25 Feb 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

JCM, on 25 Feb 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

So the 28 year old rising star who put on a breakthrough main event performance last month jobs for the second time this week while Kane and Show are protected? Sounds about right.

Tell him to stay off social media.

But that's where the only interesting angles and promos in the company are happening.

• Like 1

There's a good story to tell there, actually, with Bryan deciding that since the WWE World title is all about backstage politics and corporate interests, he's going to take the I-C title and make it the most important championship in the company. He wins and ends up in a series with Cena or Rusev stretching into the summer that ends with a unification match. If they went that route, they could end up with the I-C title at roughly the same level the World title was at the past few years.

• Like 1

Ambrose slapping Miz in the corner made me laugh. Everyone should do that. 

Hey, Nattie and Naomi had a nice little match going until their respective male counterparts started waffling the shit out of each other. Naomi even did a half-assed version of that head-twist leg escape thingy that Fujiwara always does. 

Swagger actually took it to Rusev for a hot second before that kick. Of course Cena isn't in Atlanta but even if he was he'd be sitting in the back watching Swagger get stretched until Rusev was done. Gotta fight your own battles, homie.

Saxton continues to be insulted by IC contenders. "Oh snap! Coach, it's nice to have you back, brah!" JBL saying "I am not aware of what that is" when asked what fatback was is great too. Truth on commentary reminds you that he can be entertaining as hell if given the opportunity. Meanwhile I'd like to see Bryan vs. Cesaro in a battle of the European uppercuts. The cornerpost camera came in great on that failed dropkick and then the kneestrike. Ebbie mentioned before that a double knockout with the Bullhammer and flying knee would be awesome and I agree. It'd be great if some house show footage of the two against each other came out because they could have a nice long match in a vacuum with no angle involved. Barrett's face after he couldn't find the belt was priceless. 

Reigns is in an interview again because Vince wants him to practice. He still comes off poorly. Not quite as poorly as Rosa and Fandango trying to dance, but still not very well. 

"SHAH! SHAH! SHAH!" - Curtis Axel, inadvertently providing an ode to a fellow performer of a similar stature

Anastasiadate.com: Prostitution Dating with abducted girls women from the former Soviet Bloc Europe

Hmmm, they need to brighten the corner cams. Big Show almost brought back the Cobra Clutch Slam. Him yelling "I'M GONNA HIT MY MOVE!" before the Vader bomb, then "I HIT MY MOVE!" after cracked me up. Boy they shouldn't have done a closeup on that DDT to Kane. There's a nice little finish run and the super-over Ryback with his ketchup, mustard, and relish tights wins. Satisfying little match when you don't have a bunch of Authority bullshit surrounding it. 

"I'm gonna hit my move!" and "I hit my move!" are proof positive that no matter what they say, Big Show's still the king.

I like the new turnbuckle cameras, but they need to adjust the tint or focus or something.

The IC title feud would be more interesting if Ambrose won feuds/PPV matches and Barrett wasn't a jobber, but I still like it anyway.

Don't forget that Maven was never eliminated from the Rumble! Plus he eliminated UNDERTAKER, so he might have been ready to WIN IT ALL.

"I'm gonna hit my move!" and "I hit my move!" are proof positive that no matter what they say, Big Show's still the king.

Amen. Stop lumping him in with Kane, dammit!

Loved Truth on commentary. A shame that all this fun will run into the same pitfalls as Truth's awesome Little Jimmy run in 2011: He's eventually going to have to wrestle. Having seen Truth have flat matches with Punk, Cena, and Mysterio during the hottest run of his life, I can't help but approach everything he does with a predisposition towards negativity. Can anyone remember a good R-Truth match? Elimination Chambers, Royal Rumbles, and clusters where he gets to hide obviously don't count.