DVDVR Message Board

WWE Fast Lane

Phil Schneider

I didn't see many people cheering Reigns either, though. The crowd was really quiet for most of the show. It seemed to me towards the end there they were really into Bryan but no matter. I wouldn't mind Reigns vs. Lesnar as much if they had done a better job of protecting Reigns and kept the story focused on those two from the start.

Somehow I doubt that would have made it any better for you.

Bryan/Rusev would be great.

I get that they want to make Reigns seem like he can legit take Lesnar, but kicking out of a knee won't do it. If you're dead set on having a guy beat Lesnar, and you book Lesnar to beat 'Taker at WM and then destroy Cena twice, you'd better make sure that you have built up the guy that you want to beat Lesnar to seem unstoppable. 

I feel bad for Reigns. It's not his fault that he's not at that level yet, but he's getting put there anyway. I think this will go over like a worse version of Diesel in '94/'95, but maybe he'll pull it out. 

The thing is no one right now in WWE is really built up for that. Its not a problem with Reigns, its more that WWE has built up Brock way too damn much. Its honestly why I keep hoping Brock is staying and retains while everyone else chases for another 6 months to a year.

• Like 1

At this point Bryan/Zayn is the only thing that would save Mania for me. Maybe Bryan/Owens as well.

Really? Seriously? You may as well hope for 1994 Vader vs Brock Lesnar because there is a zero percent chance that Zayn or Owens will wrestle Bryan at Wrestlemania.

Now I understand why Maffew made a reoccurring segment titled Cena Talks Too Much. I also love that no matter what submission move Cena locks in, Cole will always call it an STF. Tonight was the crossface. With that being said, I really liked the match. I would have preferred that Cena actually tapped out to the Accolade. Doing so would have made Rusev. It's almost a lock that Cena gets his win back at Wrestlemania, right?

• Like 1

Cena/Rusev was good, but the obvious spot calling, and Cena throwing in a crippler crossface was off putting. There's still way too much reliance on finisher kick outs in place of real psychology and drama in most big WWE matches. It's something Austin pointed out being a difference between NXT and WWE.  Did Reigns really have to kill the finish that put away Cena, and won Bryan the title at Mania? They couldn't get to the finish of Cena/Rusev without Rusev surviving the stf and kicking out of the AA? Every match just becomes a contest of who can finisher spam the most.

Bryan will wrestle Sheamus more than likely. Of course I don't expect them to run him vs Zayn or Owens. Why would they do something interesting now?

Let's stop talking about crowd reactions dictating whether people are receptive to Reigns now. Tennessee crowds are always shit. They were chanting "JERRY" at one point during the match (or was it the Rusev/Cena match?). The lack of boos/cheers for anyone tonight means nothing - all it means is that Tennessee shouldn't be one of their touring towns - unless it's a house show, where the fans actually give a fuck for some reason.

Fast Lane through the eyes of my 8 year old daughter:

The opening 6-man tag - She is a big Ryback fan and thought the match was okay.

Goldust vs. Stardust - She likes Star/Cody but wasn't a fan of this match at all. Said it was boring.

Usos vs. Cesaro/Kidd - She loved this match. When I was getting us some snacks from the kitchen during the match, she'd run in a tell me all the awesome moves they did. Wasn't a fan of the ending but she does like Kidd.

Sting/HHH - She could care less but thought for an old guy Sting was hot. 

Bella vs. Paige - She was conflicted as she likes the Bellas but likes Paige as well. She thought the match was okay but wasn't too excited about it.

Ambrose vs. Barrett - She likes how crazy Ambrose is and acts. She calls him a wildman and loves to watch him to see what he'll do next.

Wyatt - She thinks he is creepy.

Cena vs. Rusev - She is a huge Cena fan and seemed disappointed he lost as she does not like Rusev. Was into the match and thought it was pretty great.

She fell asleep before the main event but would have probably been disappointed that Bryan lost. She was also sad that her favorite Brock Lesnar wasn't there tossing people around. She loved the three way last month and didn't think anything came close tonight that she saw. 

Overall, she enjoyed the show and cannot wait until Mania and seemed excited about seeing Sting vs. HHH.

• Like 4

Pretty good show with the top 2 matches delivering as others have said. Glad to have Orton back. Thought Stardust was a solid heel and I dig his new look tonight. Sting segment was cool and effective. Great tag titles match, surprised to see the title change but glad if it means the feud continues. Guessign the Usos regain at Mania and also glad it should mean they aren't rushing the titles to the Ascension. Short but enjoyable divas match. Cena/Rusev was pretty great as expected. Thought Reigns looked very good in the main event, glad it was a straight up clean finish. I think Mania has a pretty solid card. Looking forward to Orton/Rollins a good bit and there's potential in most all of the other big matches.

This was an odd show. The matches in the first 2/3 of the show were awful, and from people who should be doing much better. Worse still, little was actually resolved and it felt like a glorified episode of Raw or Smackdown.

The two big angles were brilliantly done. It was shocking that the Sting-HHH angle was from the same people that brought us that shitty DQ in the IC title match.

The two mains delivered in-ring but were not without their issues. The finish of the Rusev-Cena match left a little to be desired and it feels like they only have two ideas for "Rusev beating a star" finishes.

And the main, with their damn insistence on pushing Reigns to his inevitable boo-doom at Wrestlemania, seemed to have a problem with the sound throughout and especially at the finish when the announcers could be heard but the music and any crowd reaction not. Almost as if they faded the crowd down for some reason. Nothing like telling a percentage of the WWE universe (and one that spends big money) that they're not a part of the show..

Highlight of the show was the fan screaming "he's got a great point Sting."

Reigns did have some impressive moments in that match. Has a combination of strength and agility that should be present much more than it is. Of course that won't stand out against Lesnar since he has those attributes x 5.

Rollins running away from Orton made Sheamus running from the Nexus look good. At least when Sheamus did it they were in the vicinity.

I hope they add Bryan into the Mania match still. Just to quiet the crying. Though if they do that I imagine the next complaint will be he is only getting one match this year. He should get two again.

When Bryan was slapping around Reigns it took me back to watching Gaea Girls, I was screaming for Reigns to hit him back. Bix relayed a story from Samoa Joe recently about how Shinya Hashimoto said the most important aspect of wrestling is THE FIRE  and I thinks that's why I haven't connected to Reigns' character.. He has his few big spots and his posing between them, but I would love to see a more competitive edge from Reigns, especially if he's gonna be shoved down our throats as a babyface. I'm not asking him to no sell a back drop driver but c'mon,  a little fighting spirit would go a long way. He reminds me of Orton in that they would greatly benefit from working a more aggressive style but they instead work slow, plodding matches where they pander to the hard cam way too much.

I can understand being disappointed with the main event's result, but I don't see how it could very surprising even to the fantasy bookers.  The entire point of the Bryan/Reigns stuff seem to be designed to get Reigns more credibility/over/respect/etc.  Last Monday, Reigns was shaking off chair shots from Bryan like back rakes on a prime Hogan; he wasn't losing this one.  That said, I think Reigns does look better after the feud so I have to say they were successful.  I hesitant to say this since I haven't been watching as much but I dare this Bryan/Reigns mini-feud has been Reigns' best feud in his early singles career.  The brawl was great.

While they made Reigns look good here, I'm not sure where they going with Bryan.  They're probably not too worry about it though; they can stick him anywhere and get a decent match.  I don't think a heel turn would be the best idea either.

They sacrificed the knee for this goof!

EachDeficientEnglishsetter.gif

One thousand one, one thousand two, one thousand three, one thousand four, one thousand five, one thousand six.

I didn't watch Fastlane so I don't know how long Reigns was down after the busaiku before the pin attempt.

Well, someone has to turn heel, because with Orton coming back, and Bryan out of the title picture and therefore returning to the mid-card, the endless Authority vs under-top faces feud now has equal numbers on both sides. And the whole point is that the Authority play the numbers game.

EDIT: Watching last night's UFC prelims right now. Matt Dwyer's Superman punch was well better than Roman Reigns'. And he's a skinny fucker.

There is alot of criticism (most of it being 'he's not Bryan Danielson') but his Superman punch cannot possibly be one of them.

They've found their next Cena in Reigns alright. Any good he does gets drowned by hatred because he's not so and so.

• Like 2