DVDVR Message Board

WWE Fast Lane

Phil Schneider

Here we go, so.

Wow, WWE was in love with screwy finishes, tonight. Right up until the end, thankfully.

Honestly, I was pretty much with the crowd in barely giving a damn about this show. I was resigned to Reigns winning, and was just hoping for something decent to watch tonight.

I had completely forgotten the six-man even happened until I checked the Wikipedia page trying to remember the order the matches were in.

The Dust brothers match was interesting but my God could JBL, Cole, and Lawler be doing any more to ruin matches together than they were during this? Also, Cole: It's called the Final Cut, not the Director's Cut. It's been called the Final Cut for eight years now. This set me and my friend tossing back other miscalled finishers, like the Headstone Piledriver, the Rocky Landing, and the RKP.

Tag match was ok. I suppose it's good the Usos dropped the belts, but honestly the tag division is pretty sparse right now. Who challenges Team Brass Ring after the Usos get their rematch? New Day? The reformed PTP? The Ascension? Some random Bryan/Ziggler team put together to get both of them out of the bookers' hair?

Nikki messed up a couple of times in the Divas' match, taking the pull back as a roll-up rather than throwing herself back against the turnbuckle, then pretty badly botching grabbing Paige's tights.

Ambrose loses on PPV. Who would have guessed?

The last two matches saved the night, as Cena and Bryan both really put the younger guys over well, in ways that didn't lose them much, either.

I'm not upset by the finish, (much as some dickheads really seem to want people to be so,) but as good a match as Bryan had with Reigns, just imagine how good his match with Lesnar could have been? It's a damn shame.

Reigns was laying in some shots on the much smaller Bryan tonight. Lesnar eats that stuff up. Just have those dudes beat the hell out of each other with a few German Suplexes/apron dropkicks thrown in until you get to the finish with a bunch of kick-outs of finishers until Lesnar hits the F5 or Reigns spears him.

The only match the WWE Redditt guy got wrong was Ambrose vs Barrett, he said Ambrose was winning it.

Hey yo, survey says spoiler tag those leaks next time, please. 

The Dust brothers match was interesting but my God could JBL, Cole, and Lawler be doing any more to ruin matches together than they were during this? Also, Cole: It's called the Final Cut, not the Director's Cut. It's been called the Final Cut for eight years now. This set me and my friend tossing back other miscalled finishers, like the Headstone Piledriver, the Rocky Landing, and the RKP.

It was actually the Curtain Call.

• Like 1

That was a decent pre-Wrestlemania go-home episode of Raw.

Usos/Brass Ring Club was good but could have been better.  I'll try and look forward to the Mania rematch but it's pretty obvious Rikishi is going to accompany them to the ring and dance with them after they win the belts back.

Cena/Russev was what it was but Russev looked like a million bucks there.  I was expecting some kind of fuck finish so it ending the way it did made sense.  The next few weeks of Serious Cena promos about how he let down his fans, country, etc and has to reach down and Overcome The Odds at Wrestlemania are going to be insufferable though.

Speaking of boring promo segments, a heel faction spending half the show talking shit about Sting only for him to not say anything in return then come out of nowhere to hit a move and then dash off was boring as hell in the 90s and it's going to be boring as hell once again, only there will be no other wrestling show to change the channel to.

Main event started slow but got really good towards the end.  Reigns has a ways to go, but he's nowhere near as bad as people say he is.

The only match the WWE Redditt guy got wrong was Ambrose vs Barrett, he said Ambrose was winning it.

Is that considered a spoiler? If you are reading page 2 of the WWE Fastlane thread AFTER the show has ended, you kind of deserve whatever "spoiler" you might read.

• Like 6

Oh, one more thing.  Reigns vs. Bryan was a really damn good match. Great finish. Reigns' forearm shots were nasty. Bryan's countering was awesome. I still can't buy Reigns against Lesnar though.  :lol:

To be fair I'm not sure anyone is buyable against the current Lesnar in a singles match.

• Like 1

Also, Rusev winning via the low blow completely made the entire Cena/Rusev feud complete freaking toothless. Chickenshit booking.

I didn't mind how that played out. Rusev got out of the STF twice and he kicked out of the Attitude Adjustment. I never felt Rusev was going to lose. The low blow was a cheap shot but Rusev still looked really strong.

I don't even care that much that Reigns won. I never thought we'd have Lesnar vs. Bryan which is unfortunate. My one thing about it though is that I don't buy Reigns as a no-selling ass-kicking kind of dude against Lesnar.  Brock should probably squash him but we know Reigns is probably winning.. how do they get there without it looking ridiculous?  Brock is a fucking monster and Reigns has nothing that should be able to keep him down.

Solid show. Crowd sucked.  This WrestleMania card... wow..  not good on paper.  Very low expectations.

Brock losing to a spear would be laughable.

I don't know about the toothlessness. Cena's had very few pass out losses in his career, certainly not recently. Rusev's sort of a different beast. He's not just a monster. He sells way too much for that and has this savvy to him. He's not Yokozuna or Kamala or Umaga. He's more like Borga or Koslov but even that's not accurate. They were soldiers, warriors. There's something beady-eyed about him. He's not Oddjob or Jaws. He's one of those post-soviet assassins that they send after Jason Bourne mixed with sort of a character out of an old pulp from the 30s, that sort of clever savage lurking in the shadows. He's unknowable but aware. Monstrous but more human than we'd like to admit. 

Rusev is the creature in Peter Benchley's The Creature/White Shark. He's a savage beastly monster but he's got a brain, a fully functioning brain, and he knows how to use it; he isn't just full speed ahead like other monster heels, Rusev uses tactics and adapts those tactics as the match progresses.  I can't really think of a comparable heel to Rusev that I've ever seen. Was this the first time Lana had ever gotten really involved before? I can't recall her helping swing a Rusev match like this before.

The first half of the show was thoroughly mediocre but my God did those last 2 matches rock my fucking world. Loved Rusev/Cena and even though it was obvious Cena wasn't winning yet they still had me hooked. Bryan/Roman was also great and it wasn't a one man show at all, Roman more than held up his end and brought a lot to it. I said that Roman's best matches are those where his opponent actually seems to make him really fight for his life, like Rusev, and Bryan did that tonight. I really can't wait to see Brock and Roman beat the living shit out of each other in my presence at Mania.

If I had to vote for best in the company I'd give the nod to Rusev but Bryan is right there too.

This picture is awesome

B-f6mERIMAEwxPx.png

• Like 2

Is that considered a spoiler? If you are reading page 2 of the WWE Fastlane thread AFTER the show has ended, you kind of deserve whatever "spoiler" you might read.

He posted them in the monthy wrestling thread before the show started. That's the heat.

• Like 4

Also, Rusev winning via the low blow completely made the entire Cena/Rusev feud complete freaking toothless. Chickenshit booking.

I didn't mind how that played out. Rusev got out of the STF twice and he kicked out of the Attitude Adjustment. I never felt Rusev was going to lose. The low blow was a cheap shot but Rusev still looked really strong.

I don't even care that much that Reigns won. I never thought we'd have Lesnar vs. Bryan which is unfortunate. My one thing about it though is that I don't buy Reigns as a no-selling ass-kicking kind of dude against Lesnar.  Brock should probably squash him but we know Reigns is probably winning.. how do they get there without it looking ridiculous?  Brock is a fucking monster and Reigns has nothing that should be able to keep him down.

Solid show. Crowd sucked.  This WrestleMania card... wow..  not good on paper.  Very low expectations.

Brock losing to a spear would be laughable.

Brock losing to an actual spear piercing his body would be laughable.  He would just grab you and impale you on the other end and wear you around the rest of the evening.

• Like 5

Oh, and this fucking crowd man. Either they had the mics down in fear of huge backlash, or that crowd was just full of not give a fuck.

The annoying ringsiders made up for it. Especially the one guy that kept yelling "YOU STARTED IN MEMPHIS" at Sting. He said some other stuff also but I tuned him out.

Oh, and this fucking crowd man. Either they had the mics down in fear of huge backlash, or that crowd was just full of not give a fuck.

The annoying ringsiders made up for it. Especially the one guy that kept yelling "YOU STARTED IN MEMPHIS" at Sting. He said some other stuff also but I tuned him out.

"ITS A GOOD OFFER, STANG!"

• Like 4

Oh, one more thing.  Reigns vs. Bryan was a really damn good match. Great finish. Reigns' forearm shots were nasty. Bryan's countering was awesome. I still can't buy Reigns against Lesnar though.  :lol:

Well, there's always "Lesnar goes over, Rollins cashes in, Reigns chases Rollins into the Summer"...it's a long shot but hey it could happen...