DVDVR Message Board

UFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano (2/28/2015) - Los Angeles, CA (Staples Center)

Elsalvajeloco

Fucking UFC analysts on FS1 are complaining that Bethe Correia hasn't fought and beaten anyone in the top 10 so Jessica Eye is more deserving.  Who in the fresh hell has she beaten?  She beat Leslie Smith.  Geezus.

Maybe the UFC talking points are Eye over Correia or they love seeing an ear getting fucked up nasty in fight.

Yeah Correia over Eye all day and twice on Sunday.

The UFC could book Tate vs. Zingano and Eye vs. Correia in the near future. Holm vs. McMann maybe as well.

didn't Ronda say she wanted Holm if she was victorious tonight? That's the impression I got from watching her on Inside MMA yesterday.

She said it in the post-fight interview too.

MMAFighting.com @MMAFighting 45s

White said the people who had great fights on the card will also get bonuses, like Alan Jouban.

Jucao bout to get paid yall.

That kinda depends if Cris understood the questions about that. She said she was 165-170, but I am not sure if she meant that is her current walk around weight or what she weighed against Tweet. I will say this: She looked like she was the size of a Hanna Gabriel or any other woman who fights that is legit big like that. I mean girls like that play basketball have weight to them, but they ain't built like that. Zingano is yoked but she doesn't have that type body on fight night.

I dunno. Maybe there might be something to that, but she doesn't look that big leading up to the fight. I don't think she is killing herself to make 145 with George Lockhart in her camp now (worked w/ Jon Jones, Rory, and other top fighters), but she is brolic come fight night.

didn't Ronda say she wanted Holm if she was victorious tonight? That's the impression I got from watching her on Inside MMA yesterday.

She said it in the post-fight interview too.

MMAFighting.com @MMAFighting 45s

White said the people who had great fights on the card will also get bonuses, like Alan Jouban.

Jucao bout to get paid yall.

The 4 performances bonus they announced on UFC 184 Postfight was Tim Means, Ronda Rousey, Jake Ellenberger and Tony Ferguson.

Guest Edwin

Jessica Eye might be the next sacrificial lamb, and boy that won't be pretty.

Didn't watch the post fight press conference, but Ronda called out Holm and Bethe, so maybe they'll go that way and save Evil Eye for afterwards.

The problem is that, as much as Cat is a very good fighter, all her main weapons are Rousey’s main weapons of sorts… and Ronda is better at them. It’s like Minotauro vs. Werdum. There is no clear winning path.To challenge Ronda, it needs to be someone who can keep distance, use angles, punish any attempt of bullrushing, and can break a grip very fast. You will need Machida. The other option is to have someone who can beat Ronda in her own game and we also don’t have that.

I think, among the ones currently in the roster, the best choice is Sarah Kaufman in a rematch. It would give her the same advantage Tate had in her rematch, which is the feeling that Ronda is real and not just a monster out of a nightmare that makes many fighters do stupid shit against her. Sarah is also one of the better strikers who still has a good enough anti-clinching game that, if she practices it and executes it well, can give her a chance of keeping the fight standing long enough. Of course, at some point, she will need to tag Ronda and shake her brain. That’s Sarah’s weakness in this scenario, she is a volume puncher and neither a power KO artists nor a masterful counter striker like Machida.Holm could be a choice, but I need to see her fighting with a top clinch-fighter to see if she has a chance first.

I think Tate is the worse possible choice for a rematch (if a rematch is going to be done- I do agree that Beth and then Jessica should get the next shot), as it was clear in both fights that Ronda had Tate's number. Lasting three rounds and getting dominated the majority of those rounds doesn't make me want to see a part III.

I think my favorite part of the Postfight show was DC saying how Jose Aldo would never start a fight with a flying knee thus proving he never watched WEC.

It's nice to see that Darrell Bevell got a new job as Cat's coach after the Super Bowl.

Maybe Brandon Bostick can join the team as well

• Like 2