DVDVR Message Board

UFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano (2/28/2015) - Los Angeles, CA (Staples Center)

Elsalvajeloco

UFC_184_Rousey_vs._Zingano_Poster.jpg?14

UFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano

February 28, 2015

Los Angeles, CA (Staples Center)

UFC Women's Bantamweight Championship: Ronda Rousey © (135) vs. Cat Zingano (134.5) (fifth defense) - Rousey, SUB (armbar), R1 (0:14)

Raquel Pennington (135.5) vs. Holly Holm (135.5) - Holm, DEC (split)

Jake Ellenberger (171) vs. Josh Koscheck (170.5) - Ellenberger, SUB (north-south choke), R2 (4:20)

Alan Jouban (170.5) vs. Richard Walsh (171) - Jouban, KO (standing elbow and punches), R1 (2:19)

Tony Ferguson (156) vs. Gleison Tibau (155) - Ferguson, SUB (rear naked choke), R1 (2:37)

Fox Sports 1 Preliminary Card:

Mark Muñoz (186)* vs. Roan Carneiro (184.5) - Carneiro, SUB (rear naked choke), R1 (1:40)

Roman Salazar (135) vs. Norifumi Yamamoto (136) - No Contest (Salazar Unable to Continue Due to Accidental Eyepoke), R2 (2:37)

Dhiego Lima (170) vs. Tim Means (170) - Mean, TKO (strikes), R1 (2:17)

Derrick Lewis (263) vs. Ruan Potts (253) - Lewis, TKO (punches), R2 (3:18)

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:

James Krause (155) vs. Valmir Lázaro (155.5) - Lázaro, DEC (split)

Masio Fullen (145) vs. Alexander Torres (145.5) - Fullen, DEC (split)

*Reweighed after weighing 187.25 on first attempt

Event Bonuses ($50,000):

Performance of the Night: Tim Means

Performance of the Night: Tony Ferguson

Performance of the Night: Jake Ellenberger

Performance of the Night: Ronda Rousey

Attendance: 17,654

Gate: $2.67 million

Buyrate: 620,000

Cancelled Bouts:

Chris Weidman vs. Vitor Belfort - Injury to Weidman (Torn Rib Cartilage)

Josh Kosheck vs. Neil Magny - Magny Moved to Another Card

Mark Muñoz vs. Caio Magalhães - Injury to Magalhães (Tooth Injection)

Antônio Silva vs. Frank Mir - Bout Moved to Another Card

Ronaldo Souza vs. Yoel Romero - Souza Removed Due to Pneumonia

Tony Ferguson vs. Yancy Medeiros - Injury to Medeiros

• Like 2

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/2/25/8112389/cris-cyborg-invicta-fc-11-workout-scrum

After watching this scrum, does anyone else think Cyborg could built up a potential fight with Rousey better than Ronda? Ronda only has the drug test failure while Cris totally doesn't give a shit about that anymore and was kinda humorous about it. Cris might come off as the babyface.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/2/25/8112389/cris-cyborg-invicta-fc-11-workout-scrum

After watching this scrum, does anyone else think Cyborg could built up a potential fight with Rousey better than Ronda? Ronda only has the drug test failure while Cris totally doesn't give a shit about that anymore and was kinda humorous about it. Cris might come off as the babyface.

I'm sure someone out there does, but I've yet to meet a person who actually likes Ronda.  It doesn't help she keeps saying dumb stuff.  

Ronda was playing WoW in the first of the 184 Embedded episodes. If the UFC pushed that, she would do well with the nerd contingent.

She also likes Pro Wrestling including attending a PWG show last year.

For the other discussion I like Ronda a lot as well.

I'm sure someone out there does, but I've yet to meet a person who actually likes Ronda.  It doesn't help she keeps saying dumb stuff.  

Hmm... Promotion's Golden Girl, presented as an all-American hero and role model, but nobody actually likes her. Keeps saying dumb stuff. Wins every time (with the same move). Always the Champion. Is Ronda Rousey the MMA John Cena?

Alan Jouban vs. Richard Walsh can someone tell about these two fighters since this is the one fight on the main card I know nothing about either fighter.

Alan Jouban is the model guy who is a pretty good striker and got robbed severely against Warlley Alves on the Shogun vs. OSP card last November.

Richard Walsh was a TUF Nations semi-finalist who lost a decision against "Strasser" Kunimoto on the Hunt vs. Nelson that he probably should have got.

Alan Jouban vs. Richard Walsh can someone tell about these two fighters since this is the one fight on the main card I know nothing about either fighter.

Alan Jouban is the model guy who is a pretty good striker and got robbed severely against Warlley Alves on the Shogun vs. OSP card last November.

Richard Walsh was a TUF Nations semi-finalist who lost a decision against "Strasser" Kunimoto on the Hunt vs. Nelson that he probably should have got.

Thanks!

As for the picture you posted of Rousey it looks like her doing a Olivia Wilde impression in the Lazarus Effect.

B-5EBahWoAAQsGs.jpg

"The rest of the bodies are in the basement."

This. This is why I like Ronda Rousey.

Your job is to be locked in a cage and attempt to murder a person who is doing the same to you (until you are told not to). Respecting people, liking people, feigning any sort of politeness are not means to attaining those ends. We know that being a self-aware sociopath is a valid super-athlete archetype; can you imagine what Michael Jordan's legacy would have been if his job was to rip arms off shoulders instead of putting a ball through a basket? Yet we all know that he was at best an asshole and at worst evil. That's how it goes when you've got to be that much better than everyone else at that thing you do.