DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - Spring Training!

Dolfan in NYC

So, Rosenthal is reporting that the 3 changes to speed up the game to be announced today will be:

• Managers must challenge replays from dugout.
  • Batters must keep one foot in box unless an established exception occurs.
  • Play to resume promptly once broadcast returns from commercial break.

These three changes will have the combined effect of eliminating approximately 7.3 seconds from games.

Which will be promptly be added right back whenever someone gratuitously stretches the last note of "God Bless America"

• Like 1

The Red Sox are leaving Pawtucket.

No word on where they are moving the Triple A team too just that the club was sold to new owners and Pawtucket was informed that the team would be moved

The Red Sox are leaving Pawtucket.

No word on where they are moving the Triple A team too just that the club was sold to new owners and Pawtucket was informed that the team would be moved

What I saw was that they're moving to Providence.

Yeah, the PawSox are moving to Providence.

The new owners are a group headed by Larry Lucchino (president of the Red Sox) and the Fenway Sports Management group. So there's no real chance of them leaving the area. But McCoy Stadium is the oldest AAA park, and its in a less-than-great area of a suburb. It doesn't have much in the way of luxury suites, and there's not much to do in the area. Doesn't really fit the mold of a modern, downtown minor league park, especially at that level.

New park is supposed to be right on the river in downtown Providence and be opening in 2017 or 2018. The team will just rebrand as the Rhode Island Red Sox. I'm sure the new park will be much nicer than McCoy but the old park has its charms for being a big concrete thing. Grew up going to a couple of games a year there, and its a fun family-oriented place. 

Yeah, the PawSox are moving to Providence.

The new owners are a group headed by Larry Lucchino (president of the Red Sox) and the Fenway Sports Management group. So there's no real chance of them leaving the area. But McCoy Stadium is the oldest AAA park, and its in a less-than-great area of a suburb. It doesn't have much in the way of luxury suites, and there's not much to do in the area. Doesn't really fit the mold of a modern, downtown minor league park, especially at that level.

New park is supposed to be right on the river in downtown Providence and be opening in 2017 or 2018. The team will just rebrand as the Rhode Island Red Sox. I'm sure the new park will be much nicer than McCoy but the old park has its charms for being a big concrete thing. Grew up going to a couple of games a year there, and its a fun family-oriented place. 

Marcel and I caught a game there with Fozz and maybe Barnwell before one of the WCQs years ago... hung out on the bern the entire game. Really cozy.

Geez, he got that little interest that he had to settle for about the lowest free agent contract possible?

Yeah, a little surprising. He was decent last year (59K in 63 IP, 3.57 ERA) for a bullpen that was atrocious.

Oh, and Rob Manfred wants a 154 game schedule...

I'll say this: Rob's got balls to rock the boat. Dude doesn't give a shit about what people think about any of these ideas he's throwing around. It makes me hope that he's going to be the wacky, fun commish, to counter Bud's sad ass, boring commish.