DVDVR Message Board

July Wrestling Catch-All

The Wyatt's forcibly baptizing AJ in some brackish stormwater near their compound would rule. AJ in that sheep mask would create an Earth Crisis-level firestorm of pervy fan-fic, too.Wyatt Family vs. Dolph/Big E. would be a lot of fun.

Oh man, I'd totally forgotten about Big E. and AJ (In my mind they've already sorta split, as I presume that's where we're headed with this).  That would be a pretty fun twist.  Though I'm still preferential to my Wyatt Family-Rhodes Family fantasy booking.

Man Luke Gallows should totally be brought back to join the Wyatt Crew. It's perfect for his character. First he was a doped up country boy. Then Punk cleaned him up and gave him a purpose. Then the WWE fired him. Then he hit the road and found his way into Bray Wyatt's arms. Luke Gallows could have one of the greatest henchman character arcs ever if this were to happen.

Don't forget the part where he dressed up like Kane for a while before Kane just threw him out the back door and he was never seen again.

Some things I forgot:-TNA released a bunch of people. Matt Morgan, Crimson, Joey Ryan, Christian York, Taeler Hendrix, and I think some more.-The Briscoes and Rhett Titus all visited WWE and are contractually available.-The American Wolves have stated "We are in talks with both TNA and WWE".

I was on ewrestlingnews.com (or whatever it's called) and they had a big headline "BRISCOE BROS. TO WWE" and then it ended up being that Jay Briscoe had physically attended a WWE live show, not like an interview or contract signing or anything.  It would be like reporting that George Clooney was in the new Star Wars movie because he went to watch Star Wars at his local theater.

And then there's this from Tammy Sytch:

Words fail me.

Okay, I really want a photo of someone wearing the sheep mask while spooning Sunny.  Or maybe the Kane mask.

This is what happens when you give a dude a stupid name and then try to bring him back like he never existed. You shit the bed, now you have to lay in it.

This x 1000.  How are the fans at fault for recognizing a guy they had seen before?  It is laziness in the continuity dept. from the WWE. 

Granted, the smarks could suspend disbelief and enjoy the show too.  Wrestling fans are always shitting on the product, and in return they get shit back. 

Speaking of marriages and divorces, poor Bully Ray.  Brooke Hogan with no respect for the sanctity of marriage or the kay fab.

WWBWD? - What Would Bill Watts Do? 

I was on ewrestlingnews.com (or whatever it's called) and they had a big headline "BRISCOE BROS. TO WWE" and then it ended up being that Jay Briscoe had physically attended a WWE live show, not like an interview or contract signing or anything. 

This is why you don't buy a ticket and attend shows - it is unprofessional. 

I really hope the Briscoes go to WWE. With how much success Punk and Daniel Bryan Danielson have had, I have faith that the Briscoes would also be successful.

I don't really care about the American Wolves. Briscoes vs. The World.

Those posters in the training center are awesome. They would inspire anyone to greatness.

Also, I want Evan Borne to be the Wyatt Family's Kidman.

EDIT: Okay wait, now I want the Briscoes as part of the Wyatt Family.

Re: them in WWE, didn't Regal post that they had been interested in them but then Jay said dumb things on Twitter, to Devitt? Or was that fake.

A tour of the new WWE Performance Center. I haven't watched it yet though.

8:25 Louis C.K. and his daughter?  apparently running the MRI scanner.

Meaner alternate joke:  8:25 Louis C.K. showing AJ Lee the results of her MRI.

• Like 1

re: The Wyatts, the fans really annoyed me. Bray hadn't been on screen for even a minute before they were chanting "husky harris". Can't we give a gimmick a shot before we start shitting on it and giving them the Albert treatment? 

I had a similar reaction.  These are the same people who will rage at the world if Vince shelved the gimmick and put Wyatt as the third member of Tons Of Funk because he couldn't get past them chanting that.

The worst thing about those people is how they react to indy darlings. Yes, some indy darlings deserve all of the praise they receive and I am someone who still watches his fair share of indy wrestling. However, I would bet everything I own that if Hero was doing the Bray Wyatt gimmick those fans would not have created ridiculous chants. I am tired of the people who believe that you have to pay your dues on the indies to be a quality performer.

I am tired of the people who believe that you have to pay your dues on the indies to be a quality performer.

So is Randy Orton.

JK!  I don't disagree, but it's funny he was just saying the exact same words in that interview from before the board went away.

I had a similar reaction.  These are the same people who will rage at the world if Vince shelved the gimmick and put Wyatt as the third member of Tons Of Funk because he couldn't get past them chanting that.

The majority of the audience probably has no clue who either Bray Wyatt or Husky Harris are. They should have chanted Windham Rotunda while they were at.

The chants will go away and will end up meaning nothing.

The majority of the audience probably has no clue who either Bray Wyatt or Husky Harris are. They should have chanted Windham Rotunda while they were at.

The chants will go away and will end up meaning nothing.

Eh... maybe.  There are other reasons at play obviously but the last two guys to get chants that the WWE didn't want them to get (Tensai, RyBack) have found themselves the victims of the mega-depush.  Wasn't there always a story about how Vince hated the ECW chants and wanted to find a way to kill them?  I also cringe when I read about "Ole!" chants following Generico to NXT.  The man wants certain reactions from his fanbase and when they go in a direction he doesn't want, all bets are off if you ask me.

"anything that could upset the PC brigade" = "anything violently homophobic"

Goddammit, Regal.

It was PG which .. I don't know what it does, actually.

That could be the new RTC though, the PG Brigade. They could have a beautiful valet and then stick her in a Barney Costume to piss off the fans.

Speaking of RTC, I had a dream last night where Ivory came back at MitB and cut a promo that was kind of like when Juvi would do those Rock rip off promos. My dream would have been more realistic if she had a different name, but the crowd kept chanting "Ivory" at her.

When the board was down, I had this idea of a wrestler named Boo that was a megaface and fans would cheer for him with loud "Boo Boo Boo" chants.

I was mostly staring at a blank screen while constantly clicking refresh, while the board was down.

• Like 2

When the board was down, I had this idea of a wrestler named Boo that was a megaface and fans would cheer for him with loud "Boo Boo Boo" chants. I was mostly staring at a blank screen while constantly clicking refresh, while the board was down.

Insert picture of Boo Bradley here.

I don't know about that. Umaga debuted in 2006, hardly as if there's that many more "smart" fans than that recently

Not necessarily. And it seems like WWE has been getting more "smart-heavy" crowds the past couple of years than they did in 2006/2007.