DVDVR Message Board

July Wrestling Catch-All

That Stone Cold WM match idea is terrible.

It's Steve Austin. Just play his music and let him cut promos on an opponent. Record ratings.

Of all the things that need Stephanie's dumbass overbooking - Austin's first match in 11 years is not one of them.

Sounds like this will be right in line with how they kept trying to cut Rock's balls off to prevent people from booing Cena.

Didn't Burke/Pope suffer some kind of injury that shelved him for quite awhile, and why he was away he got into Hollywood stunt work? I know he was in TDKR as one of Bane's henchmen, but didn't have any lines or anything IIRC.

Yeah he was hurt last summer when they wrote him out of TNA and he left there shortly after. Haven't heard of any other movies he's done besides that one and the only match I know he's worked since was against Morrison at a PWS show in April

That Triple H/Cold Stone WrestleMania idea is awful.

I want to see Austin w/ Triple H in his corner vs. Bray Wyatt w/ Vince in his corner.

Vince thinks his own family has turned on him and ends up falling under Wyatt's spell and Trips has to recruit his greatest enemy to represent him in a match for controlling interest in the company.

And with Vince and Trips distracted with their own rivalry, Stephanie has to form a tenuous partnership with The Shield to keep Col. Robert Parker's Stud Stable from succeeding with their own corporate takeover.

• Like 1

Honestly, not to add to the Danielsonmania around here, but if I could pick one person to have a match with Austin, it would be Daniel Bryan.  Benoit matched up so well against Austin during their feud and nobody has the Benoit style in-ring intensity and relentlessness more than Daniel Bryan does.  It's such a great foil against Austin's brawling / one-deadly-strike-could-end-it matches.  Plus, with Bryan's more MMA-focused style, he wouldn't have to adjust his style much to accommodate Austin's neck issues.

Trying to check my reply status.

In the meantime, damn you Ollie's, for selling out of those 2005 WWE PPV box sets!  That was 2.5 hours of road time, ass!

I don't think that this warrants starting a Chikara thread again, but I went to the cancelled Easton Chikara show tonight. About 30 people showed up and were milling about. There was a small camera crew filming the fans talking about what Chikara means to them. Icarus showed up and cut a five minute or so promo about how this was his family and he wouldn't let it die. He said he doesn't know when, but Chikara will come back. Everyone there signed a secret mailing list and got a free shirt that is black and says "I am Chikara". The camera crew took a group shot and filmed everyone again talking about why they were Chikara. No one from Condor or Titor was there, no Wink or anything like that. No other wrestlers were there, it seems Bryce and others were at Kaiju in NY.

Also I am well aware that driving an hour and a half on a Saturday night to go to a wrestling show that was cancelled a couple months ago in the hope something might occur means I need to do some serious life reevaluation.

• Like 7

That's an interesting question. I enjoyed driving up, because I like driving, and I enjoyed chatting a little with the regulars. I guess I left feeling as though I wish there had been more. I know Chikara has a habit of moving things along at a glacial pace, but it would have been nice if I could have come away with something to look forward to in the coming months. I don't need questions answered persay, but it would've been cool to know that maybe there are some answers forthcoming.

Also I am well aware that driving an hour and a half on a Saturday night to go to a wrestling show that was cancelled a couple months ago in the hope something might occur means I need to do some serious life reevaluation.

I'm not judging, so long as it led you getting laid.
  • Like 6

Is there an 'old school questions' type thread? and if not can some expert start one? There's a lot of knowledge here on this board, and even though I've been watching wrestling my whole life, there are parts of it I don't remember so clearly, and would like to pick some brains. I can't be the only one, right?

Plans for NXT star Kassius Ohno, f.k.a. Chris Hero, to join the main roster have apparently been put on hold.

According to a source, the creative team had a storyline to introduce Ohno this summer. People within the company were impressed with his in-ring skills and his promos, and had asked him to improve his physique while creative worked on his introduction. According to trainers at NXT, Ohno seemed reluctant in the weightlifting and gym sessions, although he continued to receive high marks for his overall attitude and the great effort in his daily in-ring sessions.

Word got back to Triple H about Ohno dodging gym time, and he was removed from TV tapings. Ohno has missed two tapings in the past few weeks, and there is said to be increased concern about his status with the company. A lot of people are still high on him, but this could prove to be costly for one of the top prospects in WWE's developmental system.

Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2013/0720/564263/plans-for-top-nxt-star-halted-indefinitely/#ixzz2ZgwPihFI

Gawddamnit Ohno, just pick up a fucking weight already. 

This is the company where they thought people would get confused if there were two masked wrestlers. Is it possible that they want to push Ohno's debut back a little bit so he comes off as a little different than the three other tall bushy bearded dudes that debuted two weeks ago? I mean, one look at Ohno and you can tell he will never really be ripped or anything, and they signed him when he had a bit of a belly.