DVDVR Message Board

July Wrestling Catch-All

Cool.

Do you have an updatedETA on the book?

Nothing concrete. I really want to finish it this year. All of the PPV research that we were doing over at prowrestlingonly really inspired me so I can hopefully do some analysis on that.  I'm doing some of the more tedious work this week (cross-referencing age/debut/height/weight) so I look at average age in a fed / average number of years since their debut (experience is the term I'd like to use, but somehow 10 year vet today vs 10 year vet 1989 just doesn't seem comparable).

Posted Image

I think it's way too early to pass judgement on how the Wyatts will be recieved based on that one chant from one show.  It could be a fluke, like how Fandango was mysteriously over on that one Raw but then it ended up his theme song got more over than he did.  I think they're going to be ok if they can make a strong impact tonight and do well in the ring.

There's an old message board for my college improv troupe. A long time ago (2004ish), I posted a plug for a local wrestling federation where I was working as a masked goof (El Cmar). The board basically died in the mid-2000s and basically had one post a year to welcome the new members.  I was going through old bookmarks and landed on that today and there has been one new message posted in November 2009 by "chamrick"

Chris Hamrick Shoot Interview
« Thread Started on Nov 18, 2009, 11:34am »

Hi everyone,
I just finished my shoot interview! It went very well. It is 4 hours long, and it has 4 matches on it! I'm sure to get heat for some of my opinions, but, that's what a shoot is, right ? The matches are:Hamrick vs Jeff Lewis. Hamrick vs Chris Candido (The reason this match is on here, is because it is probably the funniest matches I have ever had, plus, he was my friend!) Hamrick & Smothers vs Jimmy Jacobs & John McChesney Crimson Dragon vs AJ Styles vs Jorge Estrada. The dvd is $25.00 plus S/H. If anyone is interested, please send me an email at [email protected] Thank you for your time
Chris

BAFFLING. Somehow, my post about pro wrestling must have confused the Hamrickbot.

Warrior hitting the guy square on the nose was amazing.  I got a huge kick out of the hair they're using for him.  I know he had the 80s hair, but that looked like it was damn near floating off his head.  Almost looked like a female hairstyle with different color.

Also found out today that Fuji Vice was filmed in Ocean City, MD.  My mind was immediately blown hearing that.  I saw the video again and it sure is OC.  Crazy.

So I've been thinking about something recently. Which wrestler has had the highest number of opponents have their career best match against them? For example, John Cena is responsible for the best ever matches from Khali, Lashley, Umaga and arguably CM Punk. I hope everyone can understand what I'm trying to say, I don't think I'm doing the most eloquent job. 

I also think everyone is probably playing for second place behind Flair. If we discount Flair from the discussion, who do you think is number one?

• Like 1

JBL, Rey Misterio Jr., Dean Malenko & Octagon* all had their best match with Eddy Guerrero. 

My pick however is Benoit, because he brought out the best in so so so many guys midcard guys while in WCW, and then had a crazy run in the WWE.  You could argue that Liger, Angle, Snow, MVP, Regal, Sid, Booker T and a slew of others had their best matches with Benoit. 

Hmmmm. I'm not sure, everyone has different ideas for what someone's best match was. For example I still believe Trips had Khali's best match.

Bret had, Bulldog's, Perfect's, Owen's, Austin's, probably Nash's, Waltman's, maybe Bigelow(but I might like Bammer vs Taz better). Maybe the Nastie Boys. The Patriot's...what else?

You know for as good as Benoit was, awkward subject I know, did he have anyone's best match? Same question could be asked of Regal, I suppose.

EDIT Lol, I seriously wrote this before Nikita posted. I guess Benoit having great matches with midcard dudes, makes sense.

I'm a HBK fan but honestly besides Cactus and Taker have had their best match with him?

Scott Hall, Sid...and I would disagree that Cactus' best match was Shawn.  His match with HHH at the Rumble was better.