#821 Web Conn

Web Conn

Lexington Man OF War

• Members
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationFrom some unknown part of the planet

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:11 AM

Tiny head, tiny ears... Low Ki it is.

What if it is Low-Ki and he just kicks the Aces and Eights in their heads?

#822 sydneybrown

sydneybrown

Minnesota Purple Rage

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

It's a mystery man that will most likely be a letdown.  It has to be Savio Vega.

God, I hate agreeing with FSW (especially after calling Drive the worst movie ever), but it does look and sound like Lo Ki.

And they could have done so much more with a voice and no video.  The ridiculous post-production work just emphasizes that it's over-the-top and fake.  You reenact old-school VHS-Hi8 video by actually SHOOTING old-school video.  Though considering the cuts, maybe TNA can't afford a 1990s camcorder now.

#823 JRV

JRV

Toronto National Sea Flea

• Members
  • 480 posts
  • LocationAmsterdamn

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

Senshi?

Yeah, man - they didn't even alter his voice.

lose hair match -> die bald

#824 Ultimo Necro

Ultimo Necro

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • LocationThe Old Country

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

Though considering the cuts, maybe TNA can't afford a 1990s camcorder now.

Depends if said 1990s camcorder was used in the WWF back in the day, then I'm sure they would find a way to shoehorn it in!

How many times per year do Impact/TNA go with the 'mystery man' angle, seems they run it every 5-6 months to very little response.

• RandomAct and tromataker like this

"He was a wrestler, he was a great wrestler, he was a man and now, he's a fat, little obonoxiuos color commentator... and not even a good one".

Paul E. ahead of the curve as always.

#825 HumanChessgame

HumanChessgame

Minnesota Purple Rage

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:09 PM

It's a mystery man that will most likely be a letdown.  It has to be Savio Vega.

God, I hate agreeing with FSW (especially after calling Drive the worst movie ever), but it does look and sound like Lo Ki.

And they could have done so much more with a voice and no video.  The ridiculous post-production work just emphasizes that it's over-the-top and fake.  You reenact old-school VHS-Hi8 video by actually SHOOTING old-school video.  Though considering the cuts, maybe TNA can't afford a 1990s camcorder now.

I was thinking maybe they found the camcorder Waltman used to carry around all the time during the NWO days, but that's probably too high tech for them.  It's more likely they found the big 80s style camcorder Feinstein carried during the BWO run.

"This is professional wrestling!  It's been ridiculous since day 1!"

-Chris Candido

#826 twiztor

twiztor

Minnesota Purple Rage

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • LocationDBQ

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

as for 4-letter wrestler names, i have to throw out Zeus.

now that he's brought up, i hope he's TNA's mystery man also.

twiztor hit possibly the biggest single haul in one event I've seen with his 31 points for UFC 170

#827 Skelemania

Skelemania

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

How many times per year do Impact/TNA go with the 'mystery man' angle, seems they run it every 5-6 months to very little response.

That's because almost every single time they have a "big surprise!" it's some bullshit or a jobber & no one gives a fuck. So now whenever they announce anything, which as you noted is pretty often, people assume the worst.

• Ultimo Necro likes this

#828 Hagan

Hagan

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • LocationNW Florida

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:03 PM

So...TNA has a house show here in Pensacola (NW Florida). I've never been to a TNA show and I imagine tickets are cheap. I assume it'll be a good show but I'm not sure I'm in to be around people who are really pumped about TNA.

Like...people can like what they like but it'll be weird to be around wrestling fans who are just fucking ALL IN on TNA.

#829 Cory Paul

Cory Paul

Seattle Yannigan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationAthens, Ohio

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

I went to a show in Birmingham, AL a few months back, and it was a lot of fun. A very engaged, vocal crowd that weren't trying to show how hip they were either. Rockstar Spud and Robbie E had the match of the night. It was a good time. I think I paid between $10 and $15 for my ticket.

article-head_017_retro-futurism5.png

#830 tromataker

tromataker

Reigning Knight of Georgia

• Plain Janes
  • 2,296 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

It's a mystery man that will most likely be a letdown.  It has to be Savio Vega.   God, I hate agreeing with FSW (especially after calling Drive the worst movie ever), but it does look and sound like Lo Ki.   And they could have done so much more with a voice and no video.  The ridiculous post-production work just emphasizes that it's over-the-top and fake.  You reenact old-school VHS-Hi8 video by actually SHOOTING old-school video.  Though considering the cuts, maybe TNA can't afford a 1990s camcorder now.

I was thinking maybe they found the camcorder Waltman used to carry around all the time during the NWO days, but that's probably too high tech for them.  It's more likely they found the big 80s style camcorder Feinstein carried during the BWO run.
Either way I hope they don't find them with tapes inside.
  • JRV likes this

"I come from a highly educated university, so when I come on here and have to speak to this white trash, I have to dumb myself down."

@luchagringo

532242_4320233943133_256125091_n.jpg

#831 RandomAct

RandomAct

Reigning Knight of Georgia

• Members
  • 2,059 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

TNA shows are always fun.  Borash will even tell you guys they'll come to town for Impact or a ppv in the future :P

#832 Qualia

Qualia

Zanesville Infant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

August Warning comes off as a poor man's General Zod.

#833 JRGoldman

JRGoldman

Evansville Crimson Giant

• Members
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

Does anyone think it's Alex Shelley coming back to feud with Sabin?

• tromataker likes this

Follow me on twitter: @wrestlingbubble

#834 ultimoDANK

ultimoDANK

Lexington Man OF War

• Banned
  • 1,190 posts
  • LocationSouthside Chicago

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

Not really. I think he's pretty happy in Japan at the moment. Plus that head looks nothing like him.

#835 BEN!

BEN!

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

Awww shit, the Colonel's making moves.

It's clearly BUNKHOUSE BUCK!

August 1.  The Summer Of Bunk finally begins!

• Ultimo Necro, MushroomJones, RandomAct and 5 others like this

#836 Chaos

Chaos

Minnesota Purple Rage

• Members
  • 665 posts
  • LocationDothan, AL

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:08 AM

I don't feel like this is worth starting a thread over just yet. Is PWG worth following these days? I was thinking about grabbing some clearance DVDs from ROH's sale and saw they started carrying PWG shows, so I was thinking of either getting the final show of 2012 (Mystery Vortex) or the first show of 2013 (DDT4 2013). From a "buy their stuff" standpoint, they seem like a fairly inexpensive promotion to follow. roughly 12 shows a year for $15 a piece isn't awful.

Check out the WrestleRevue podcast. We are nearly completed with a WrestleMania retrospective in the vain of the James Bonding Podcast. I am on seven of the episodes (Manias 2-4, 12, 18-19, and 29). Click Here, Go to iTunes, or Stitcher Radio.

To check out my blog where I talk about random things film, tv, and Pro Wrestling, click here.

#837 Ultimo Necro

Ultimo Necro

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • LocationThe Old Country

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

I went to a show in Birmingham, AL a few months back, and it was a lot of fun. A very engaged, vocal crowd that weren't trying to show how hip they were either. Rockstar Spud and Robbie E had the match of the night. It was a good time. I think I paid between $10 and $15 for my ticket.

See this is the thing, there are tons of positives about TNA, the fact that Robbie E and Spud are putting on good matches does not surprise me.  They just seem so ignorant to the casual fan, which is something that WWE is so good at listening to.  RVD in TNA is useless, in WWE he is a big deal.  They almost deserve to go out of business.

EDIT - RE: The Post Above - PWG - God Yes, Drake Youngers rise to stardom is worth it alone.  PWG has been on fire through 12/13.

"He was a wrestler, he was a great wrestler, he was a man and now, he's a fat, little obonoxiuos color commentator... and not even a good one".

Paul E. ahead of the curve as always.

#838 Cameron Swift

Cameron Swift

Minnesota Purple Rage

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:33 AM

I for one am hella pumped for the return of Maven.

• DreamBroken likes this

To recline on a stump of thorn, between afternoon and night, where the eye could reach nothing of the world outside the summits and shoulders of heathland which filled the whole circumference of its glance, and to know that everything around and underneath had been from prehistoric times as unaltered as the stars overhead, gave ballast to the mind adrift on change, and harassed by the irrepressible New.

#839 Big Fresh

Big Fresh

Jacksonville Lizard King

• Members
  • 4,282 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:01 AM

I don't feel like this is worth starting a thread over just yet. Is PWG worth following these days? I was thinking about grabbing some clearance DVDs from ROH's sale and saw they started carrying PWG shows, so I was thinking of either getting the final show of 2012 (Mystery Vortex) or the first show of 2013 (DDT4 2013). From a "buy their stuff" standpoint, they seem like a fairly inexpensive promotion to follow. roughly 12 shows a year for $15 a piece isn't awful.

Hell yes!!!!

10269476_10100438663267571_4863280601460

Shall we play a game?

X-Box One & 360: BlackheartVinyl

PS4 & PS3: Johnny_Vinyl

Wii U: JohnnyVinyl

3DS Friend Code: 1564-4305-0274 (will need yours too)

#840 Phantom Lord

Phantom Lord

Minnesota Purple Rage

• Members
  • 706 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY...God's Country

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:37 AM

Alex Shelly coming back to feud with Chris Sabin would make sense from a logical standpoint. But this is TNA, so we know there's no logic involved. Assuming it is Low Ki/Senshi, who is he exactly coming after for revenge? Also why the hell haven't they been putting these videos into the shows for the last month just so when this does happen there might be some interest...

Oh yeah. TNA.

10405642_10153321413363797_7470828178502

If he shot the sheriff but didn't shoot the deputy then who did?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users