DVDVR Message Board

July Wrestling Catch-All

With the releases of D'Lo and DOC TNA should have King Mo return on the 8/14 Impact turning heel costing Sabin the title joining the Ace's and Eights then cut a promo about being slighted not being asked to join the Main Event Mafia how hes better then Rampage and how Bully Ray is the future of wrestling. A&8's need a shot in the arm and a new member and it would be cool to see them actually use King Mo and have him fued with Rampage would be cool. and they can hid his and Rampages limitations utting them in multi man tag matches.

Or they could finally just end the fucking storyline. 

• Like 1

Goldberg: The Ultimate Collection

Disk 1

Bill Goldberg vs. Hugh Morrus

Nitro – September 22, 1997

Bill Goldberg vs. The Barbarian
Nitro – September 29, 1997

Bill Goldberg vs. Steve “Mongo” McMichael
Starrcade – December 28, 1997

United States Championship Match
Goldberg vs. Raven
Nitro – April 20, 1998

Goldberg vs. Scott Hall
Nitro – July 6, 1998 

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match

Goldberg vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Nitro – July 6, 1998

Goldberg vs. Curt Hennig
Bash at the Beach – July 12, 1998

Goldberg vs. Sting
Nitro – September 14, 1998

Goldberg vs. Diamond Dallas Page
Halloween Havoc – October 25, 1998

Goldberg vs. The Giant
Nitro – November 23, 1998

No Disqualification Match for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship
Goldberg vs. Kevin Nash
Starrcade – December 27, 1998

Disk 2

Goldberg vs. Ric Flair

Nitro – March 8, 1999

Fatal 4 Way Match for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship
Goldberg vs. Hulk Hogan vs. Ric Flair vs. Diamond Dallas Page
Nitro – April 5, 1999

Goldberg vs. Kevin Nash
Spring Stampede – April 11, 1999

Goldberg vs. Diamond Dallas Page

Fall Brawl – September 12, 1999

United States Championship Match
Goldberg vs. Sid
Halloween Havoc – October 24, 1999

Goldberg vs. Sting
Halloween Havoc – October 24, 1999

“I Quit” Match
Goldberg vs. Sid
Mayhem – November 21, 1999

No Disqualification Match
Goldberg vs. Scott Steiner
Fall Brawl – September 17, 2000

2-on-1 Handicap Match
Goldberg vs. Kronik
Halloween Havoc – October 29, 2000

No Disqualification Match
Goldberg & Dewayne Bruce vs. Lex Luger & Buff Bagwell
Sin – January 14, 2001

Disk 3

Goldberg vs. The Rock

Backlash – April 27, 2003

Steel Cage Match
Goldberg vs. Christian
RAW – May 12, 2003

Goldberg vs. Chris Jericho
Badd Blood – June 15, 2003

Elimination Chamber Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Goldberg vs. Triple H vs. Randy Orton vs.Shawn Michaels vs. Kevin Nash vs. Chris Jericho
SummerSlam – August 24, 2003

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Goldberg vs. Triple H
Unforgiven – September 21, 2003

Goldberg vs. Mark Henry
RAW – October 6, 2003

Goldberg vs. Batista
RAW – November 10, 2003

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Goldberg vs. Triple H
Survivor Series – November 16, 2003

Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar
WrestleMania XX – March 14, 2004

Watched the Robert Fuller Guest Booker where he books Shawn Michaels jumping to WCW in 1996 which seems like an odd topic for him.  Also, odd how he (and Jimmy Golden too) just stopped aging around 1994.

He probably puts way too much faith in Sherri Martel, Michaels, Hall, Nash, and Hogan in 1996.  Giving Michaels all the belts is ridiculous but he did a much better job getting Michaels to Hogan than WWE did.  Not real sure he knew about Martel and Michaels being connected in the WWF much less Michaels' friendship with Hall and Nash though.

And he doesn't curse in it cause he doesn't want to be a bad influence on the kids.  Colonel's for the kids.

In response to the least imposing big-guy debate, what would you have done to make Giant Gonzales more imposing? I'll assume body suit with fur and painted on muscles isn't the answer.

Body suit with fur and painted on muscles with a penis painted on the chest.

And maybe have him wear a top hat so you know he's dastardly.

• Like 1

Body suit with fur and painted on muscles with a penis painted on the chest.And maybe have him wear a top hat so you know he's dastardly.

Giant Gonzales dressing like hairy Brock Lesnar crossed with evil Abe Lincoln is the stuff of nightmares.

Body suit with fur and painted on muscles with a penis painted on the chest.And maybe have him wear a top hat so you know he's dastardly.

Giant Gonzales dressing like hairy Brock Lesnar crossed with evil Abe Lincoln is the stuff of nightmares.

'Taker used to put job guys in bodybags post match. Giant Gonzales should have brought his own rail tracks and tie up job guys in. Possibly leading to an alliance with A-Train...

Lack of Jerry Flynn matches really hurts the Goldberg set.

Eh, the guy had about 30 matches with him.  Which one do choose?

I ask that ironically.  I know someone has that definitive Goldberg-Jerry Flynn match ready...

I hear from a reliable source that the Blu-ray extras are going to include all 30 Jerry Flynn matches, and hopefully the 'he's shooting' 3 way at New Blood Rising....

• Like 1

Random thought on the drive in to work: Has this board ever done a "Wrestler Facial Hair" tournament? Because man, I can't decide. There is too much awesome historical facial hair. 

I don't think it is worth it.  Ox Baker clearly wins the final over the Boogie Woogie Man.  1970s Harley Race is eliminated in the semifinals along with mustachioed Ricky Steamboat. 

*Sigh...* I guess I'll be the one to post this, because it is important. But since this guy was a really good friend if mine a few years ago, it makes me sick to my stomach. I don't know what the fuck happened or what to think.

http://tbo.com/news/crime/deputies-former-wrestler-stabs-fatally-stabs-woman-in-tampa-20130724/

About 30 minutes after the stabbing was reported, McGhee updated the profile picture on his Facebook page of a cut arm with a bloody wound. Friends and family left messages for him to contact them and to do the right thing.

This is the next step - People committing crimes and then posting about it online. 

The length of prison stay will be directly related to the number of 'Likes' they get.

• Like 2

Random thought on the drive in to work: Has this board ever done a "Wrestler Facial Hair" tournament? Because man, I can't decide. There is too much awesome historical facial hair. 

I don't think it is worth it.  Ox Baker clearly wins the final over the Boogie Woogie Man.  1970s Harley Race is eliminated in the semifinals along with mustachioed Ricky Steamboat. 

If doing tournaments because the final was set isn't worth it, why do we subject ourselves to March Madness every year? Also, I think you are greatly underselling some facial hair. Magnum TA somehow had a mustache that was a perfectly permed as his mullet. Sam Oliver Bass looked as if he was the offspring of Stan Hansen and a villain from a silent melodrama.