DVDVR Message Board

July Wrestling Catch-All

C'mon now, that was a cheap way out. Hogan & Savage were the top draws, and they were both juiced to the gills. As were the Road Warriors, Luger, Ultimate Warrior, Sid, and many other top guys in that era. It is just as cheap as pointing out a guy like Rey Misterio any time someone says a small guy cannot make it to the top. Yeah, you can always find an example or two, but they stick out so much because they are the exceptions.

Not cheap at all. His terrible example was that no-one cared about Mason Ryan. There's more to wrestling than being in shape, or being in great shape. Hogan's size wasn't the only reason he was popular, his off the wall fucking charisma was as big a reason, if not bigger. And to condense "fans don't care about size any more" into "Mason Ryan bombed" is a shit fucking argument.

The thing about Hero is that wrestling is his full-time job. A lot of regular people struggle with finding the time to work out/do diet prep, etc., because they have jobs that take up a bunch of time on a daily basis. It can be done, but it's much harder. This is Hero's job. Surely he doesn't train in the ring eight hours a day.

If they want him to juice up and he doesn't wanna, that's another story, but if they want him to work out more, he should be able to squeeze it into his day.

People really still argue about physiques in pro wrestling? Dusty Rhodes, Steve Austin, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Roddy Piper were all top guys. And while having a good physique is a good attrribute to have to get over, it's not as important as having good in-ring work or mic skills, and by good in-ring work I don't mean "Power Offence".

Besides Rhodes, all of the other guys were in excellent shape for most of their careers.

No-one has listed a top guy that looked like a fucking nobody the way Hero does. Rhodes was clearly a big tough dude even though he didn't act that way. Bret, Piper, Austin and Michaels were in phenomenal shape compared to the average guy. Hero looks like a fucking LARP dude

Posted Image'

Roddy's physique for most of his active career, excluding his 1991 run where he was roided.

Posted Image

"Some larper", according to a man who never worked out in his life.

Roddy's physique for most of his active career, excluding his 1991 run where he was roided.

"Some larper", according to a man who never worked out in his life.

Hahaha give it up you nonce. You've been shown your arse yet again.

Wrestlemania I

Posted Image

Wrestlemania II

Posted Image

Wrestlemania III

Posted Image

Wrestlemania VI

Posted Image

Chris Hero:

Posted Image

And in that picture you posted he has a fucking muffin top!

• Like 3

Translation:

Posted Image

I gave an answer a page ago. Since then, here's how you've responded.

His terrible example...
give it up you nonce
Fucking Rev is the worst
detract from being a giant creep.

Insulting me repeatedly because I have the fucking temerity to have a different opinion than you do. But let's remember that I'm apparently the bad guy.

Mason Ryan might have botched a few spots, but his power offence was fucking over with crowds. 

It's a damn shame they pushed Ryan to the curb just so they could push the internet darling Zack Ryder.

Agreed 100%, was really liking Mason Ryan's push towards the US title before he got pushed aside and dropped off TV completely.. and Ryder's reign/'push' was complete nothing anyways.

• Like 1

Translation:

I gave an answer a page ago. Since then, here's how you've responded.

Insulting me repeatedly because I have the fucking temerity to have a different opinion than you do. But let's remember that I'm apparently the bad guy.

Your answer in regards to no-one caring about physique was that no-one cared about Mason Ryan. Which was a stupid answer, because Mason Ryan was around for roughly five minutes and did nothing at all to even try and garner a fanbase. And instead of defending that stupid answer, or even continuing that trend you posted a picture of Piper and went off on another tangent. Which is a thing you constantly try to do and is stupid.

But no let's do memes and shit

Posted Image

I picked up the new WAR GAMES DVD set last week and I'm just getting around to watching it., now that I'm back to a nocturnal schedule doing DJ/ Kareoke gigs after getting fucked out of my day job. It's pretty awesome. They interview Dusty between all the matches, and he's always great. I sort of fast forwarded the first two since I've seen them both a hundred times. Then they include the first Tower of Doom match, and the best part of that was Precious' tits. I had never actually seen the third Horsemen one with Windham and it's fucking killer.

You do have to laugh at the idea of The Horsemen having JJ back in the ring for the third one. 

• Like 1

Because let's remember, calling people names is now apparently "discussing things properly". 

Posted Image

Thanks for reminding me why I put you on Ignore before.

He can't even be self righteous without going off on another tangent.

He can't even be self righteous without posting an image.

Jimmies: Rustled.

Fuck yeah, the King is back.

Pro wres needs to appeal to dudes like me. 

Muscle- Bears?  :D

Back to WAR GAMES, Holy shit. does Sid almost kill Pillman. It's funny, cause before this one Dusty's talking about how at this time WCW was being run by corporate suits that watered down WAR GAMES, and then the next match is bloody as fuck and brutal. The only shitty part is El Gigante storming in to tell the ref to end it. And then he carries away Pillman like Rocky carrying away Frank N Furter. It is cool to finally see the heels win a WAR GAMES.

Oh, Dangerous Alliance time now. 

And I never got the whole "Submit or surrender" tagline. What's the fucking difference?  :lol:

I am SHOCKED that people are actually deriding WWE's method of pushing guys, like it's a big surprise or something.  The boss wants you to work out more and you want to be on TV and make more money... work out more.   You are practically on commission sales.  You make more money, you get paid more money.  WWE's thinking, right or wrong, is looking good goes a long way towards making money.

Hero isn't a big fat bastard, don't get me wrong, but he is obviously not what the WWE wants on their TV's at this time.  He can change that, he has in the past.  Lots of guys have.

• Like 1

Jim Ross has seen a lot of car wrecks olong the highway with bodies everywhere, apparently. DA vs Sting's Squadron, is fucking great. Windham dropping Arn headfirst between the rings is a killer spot. You got Madusa on the top of the cage with Sting, Paul E's written down gameplan, it's bloody as hell, (Shit, Dustin, Arn, and Austin look like the cover of an Apter mag from 82), the crowd is molten,  Madusa taping up Eaton's hand before he goes in, Arn's white trunks stained red with blood, Nikita sacrificing himself to save Sting and then Sting and Nikita high fiving and hugging to show that Nikita is truly a good guy again, the ring and ropes getting torn apart and Larry using the iron as a weapon, Jesus Christ this rules, even if Jesse is edited out.

Edit: Man, the 93 one with Shockmaster, Harlem Heat, and Davey Boy sucks outside of Dustin and Vader's opening part. Oh and Sid screaming "WE DEMAND SATISFACTION!"   :lol:

OK, Dusty just said that Col. Parker actually shit his pants after the Nasty Boys hit him stiff in the next one and that you can see it. I've seen this one a lot, but now I have to watch and see if that's true cause I never noticed that before.

I picked that up a few weeks ago, haven't watched enough of it yet, but god the DA/Squadron match still holds up as just a perfect masterpiece of pro wrestling, more than 2 decades later.

• Like 1

I picked that up a few weeks ago, haven't watched enough of it yet, but god the DA/Squadron match still holds up as just a perfect masterpiece of pro wrestling, more than 2 decades later.

Best match in WCW history.

If Parker shit his pants, you couldn't see it. Looked like he pissed himself, though.

Holy fuck, Hogan, Sting, Luger, Savage vs. Shark, Kamala, Zodiac, and Meng. This stinks. And looking ahead, it's just gonna keep on sucking, including the one that turned me off the NWO/ WCW.