DVDVR Message Board

July Wrestling Catch-All

So the 'insider' got another PPV completely right before it started, and the betting sites were accurate as well.

Just going to have to fuck off the internet the week of a PPV, I guess.

I'm gonna assume Hooker types it so often that his phone added it to autocorrect.

That's pretty gross. On a related note, I realized this week that I text too much about wrestling when my phone tried to auto correct 'also' to 'Aldo Montoya'.
  • Like 2

Aren't those the guys you should want to take as much money as possible from before they lose interest and find another hobby?

In theory. I never really did that though. I tried to just wash those types out early so the guys that wanted it weren't held up by them. I always thought it better to turn out a few quality guys, rather than a bunch of shitty ones. I know, fuck me, right?
  • Like 1

Man they could have probably could have gotten Ron Perlman for way cheaper. In all seriousness though, I wish they could have done this type of deal with Savage before he passed.

So the 'insider' got another PPV completely right before it started, and the betting sites were accurate as well.

Just going to have to fuck off the internet the week of a PPV, I guess.

I'd love it if this was a big work up to someone making a ton of money on gambling five months down the line.

Pretty good chance that him backhanding that guy with the game will be the best thing I see all week. Maybe month.

Yeah, that was awesome, a total LOL moment for me, IMHO YOLO.

Does it look like Warrior's limping as he's walking toward the end of the video? His politics are insane, but I'm glad to see him and the WWE mend fences and him get (probably) a good payday out of this deal.

Yeah, that was awesome, a total LOL moment for me, IMHO YOLO.

Does it look like Warrior's limping as he's walking toward the end of the video? His politics are insane, but I'm glad to see him and the WWE mend fences and him get (probably) a good payday out of this deal.

Always makes me feel good to see old guys get some $ and another second in the spotlight. Good on the Wahya!

If anyone cares... I wrote 2,100 words (thanks wordcount!) about Pro Wrestling Analysis (i.e. what i call the win-loss tabulating, the buyrate regressions and other junk I enjoy doing): http://bit.ly/1aINWuT

Basically, it covers what the biggest challenges I've noticed are and how there isn't really a clearing house for all the good analysis that's out there (beyond various message board topics).

If anyone cares... I wrote 2,100 words (thanks wordcount!) about Pro Wrestling Analysis (i.e. what i call the win-loss tabulating, the buyrate regressions and other junk I enjoy doing): http://bit.ly/1aINWuT Basically, it covers what the biggest challenges I've noticed are and how there isn't really a clearing house for all the good analysis that's out there (beyond various message board topics).

Cool. Do you have an updatedETA on the book?